Requirements to become a New Dimension

dapifo

Currently we know 4 dimensions (3 spatial X-Y-Z and 1 Temporary ) in our Universe.

I wonder what are the requirements to be met by a new dimension to be considered as such.

According to string theory or M theory, there are at least 10 or 11 dimensions in the universe.

In this thread I would like to discuss which might be these new dimensions, but should first be clear what are the requirements to be a New Dimension.

And also if this dimension is dependent or independent of the other dimensions.

Currently we know 4 dimensions (3 spatial X-Y-Z and 1 Temporary ) in our Universe.

I wonder what are the requirements to be met by a new dimension to be considered as such.

According to string theory or M theory, there are at least 10 or 11 dimensions in the universe.

In this thread I would like to discuss which might be these new dimensions, but should first be clear what are the requirements to be a New Dimension.

And also if this dimension is dependent or independent of the other dimensions.

A pre-requisite to have another dimension, would be a degree of freedom. If you have the necessary space, volume, or whatever you choose, you can create a dimension from it. As far as I am aware, no other requirement is needed.

So...degree of fredom...so any magnitude that:

1. Could be measured easy with any type of size (like XYZ-meters- and time-seconds-)
  2. Could be infinite, or not (like XYZ and time)
  3. But mainly that give us other degree of fredom...the posibility of havin more (infinites) Universes that we espect with only 4 Dimensions.

Is that enough ?

Yes.

But I will add, if there really are an infinite amount of universes (which I don't believe there is any isomorphic to our own), then you can expect even the most radical of universes existing with many dimensions. Theories like string theory, might be purporting to existences outside our own universe.

OK...I´m going to propose a very easy New Dimension of the Universe (fifth?) :A new Dimension that I name "Dimension M" referring to M of the Matryoshka Russian Dolls.

The different Scales of the Universe (expressed in powers of 10 of meters) could be consider another dimension?? Dimension that could be added to the already know 4 (three Space-dimensional XYZ and Time).

This M-Dimension refers to different scales of the universe in which our universe (known so far) cover scales from 10 exp -35 (length or Planck scale) to 10 exp +27 meters (which is longer than is considered is Our Universe).

This new M-Dimension of the Global Universe give us a compound or divided into different zones (bands, levels, spectra, bands, ...) that form the different scales of the universe. And in each of these scales would apply its own laws of physics. This would link with Tegmark levels.

I think that this M-Dimension satisfies the requiriments we talk before, and give the possibility of having infinites new Universes.

Wel, it is clear measred by giving power of meter: 10 exp 100 meters is 1 with 100 zeros (1 gugool)

If you have dimensions, X,Y and Z, it does not matter how much you cut these up to make a meter, a yard ect - they still belong to the known dimensions of space. If you where speaking about a dimesnions which was unseen because it was curled up so small, then you'd have a theory akin to string theory, but from what I am reading, this is not what you are saying.

No....that is the difference of this dimension, it give to us new freedom althohg to the small and also to the large.

Can you imagine that you live in an electron....as you are now on the earth, how do you will realize that you are belonging to another body?

To realize it , you have to travel through the scale dimension geting your self biger / larger. It is not enough traveling within the XYZ dimensions.

Is another concept of dimension.

The question could be if this dimension M is independent or dependent of the other space ones (XYZ).

I find it hard to imagine living in an electron, if they are truly pointlike. This means they have no dimensions... though... some theories out there treat it with a classical radius... if it had one, this would not be a new dimension, it would just be made up of your normal radial dimensions.

I find it hard to imagine living in an electron, if they are truly pointlike. This means they have no dimensions... though... some theories out there treat it with a classical radius... if it had one, this would not be a new dimension, it would just be made up of your normal radial dimensions.

Ok...then imagine that you live in a Universe of 10 exp -500 times smaller to Our Universe...Can you imagine?...You have to brake your mind and yhe existing rules....Which phisics laws will exist?...there will be matter, light, radio waves,....? Brake your mind !!!...there will be another type of laws and waves....IT IS ANOTHER UNIVERSE !!!!!...And with other laws.

now... imagine that you live in a Universe of 10 exp +500 times smaller to Our Universe...Can you imagine?...You have to brake your mind and yhe existing rules....Which phisics laws will exist?...there will be matter, light, radio waves,....? Brake your mind !!!...there will be another type of laws and waves....IT IS ANOTHER UNIVERSE !!!!! And with other laws.

See the Attachments !!!...we follow talking on sunday...good week end !!!

The "Dimenson M" a new Universe Dimension?

A new Dimension that I name "Dimension M" referring to M of the Matryoshka Russian Dolls, and refers to the different Scales of the Universe (expressed in powers of 10 of meters).

Our Universe (known so far) cover scales or zones (bands, levels, spectra, bands, ...)from 10 exp -35 (length or Planck scale) to 10 exp +27 meters (which is longer than is considered is Our Universe).

This new M-Dimension of the Global Universe give us a compound or divided into different zones (bands, levels, spectra, bands, ...) that form the different scales of the universe. And in each of these scales would apply its own laws of physics. This would link with Tegmark levels.

We can imagine other Universes of 10 exp -500 times smaller or 10 exp +500 times larger than to Our Universe, where other phisics laws will exist.

I think this thread has gone West.

If it carries on for another 10^100 parsecs that will still be West and it will still be the same spatial dimension. Bigger or smaller distances are still distances and they are still the same dimension.

I don´t agree with you,...I think you need a more abstract vision, and ability to break the mold...or possible to understand what I´m proposing.

It is clear that is different to move through the spatial dimensions XYZ that through M-Dimension.

We can move through the XYZ spatial dimensions being in the same scale, strip or area of​​the M-Dimension. Conversely, we can move through the M-Dimension being in the same position (XYZ) spatial dimensions.

- Though XYZ, you move of coordinates: fron position X1-Y1-Z1 to X2-Y2-Z2

- Dimension M you have to reduce (for negatives scales) or enlarge (for positives scales) your volume or size: from scale 10 exp -200 to scale +200

You agree with it?

Edited by dapifo

This is a duplicate of another thread dapifo opened.

As I said in that thread that you should learn what a dimension is. It's a direction of movement. Scale is not a degree of freedom, i.e. you can't move through scale. It's a relative measurement.

You don´t have to realize if it is possible or not to travel trough scales. Just 100 year ago every body thought it was not possible to travel throog TIME, and now it is to the future, and teoretically to the past.

Do you think that there is theoretically possible that exist other phisics entities within the range scale of 10 exp -1000 / 10 exp -900, or within the ramge scale 10 exp +900 / 10 exp +1000? Which physics laws will govern there? Wich waves will be usefull there?....You don´thing that these a re other Universes that we can only see and feel if we are able to travel there by changing our size?

At least, I see this is a different way to see the different universes of our Global Universe ..at least for me. If you know any article, thread, matter that consider this point of view, please tell to me.

I don´t agree with you,...I think you need a more abstract vision, and ability to break the mold...or possible to understand what I´m proposing.

It is clear that is different to move through the spatial dimensions XYZ that through M-Dimension.

We can move through the XYZ spatial dimensions being in the same scale, strip or area of​​the M-Dimension. Conversely, we can move through the M-Dimension being in the same position (XYZ) spatial dimensions.

- Though XYZ, you move of coordinates: fron position X1-Y1-Z1 to X2-Y2-Z2

- Dimension M you have to reduce (for negatives scales) or enlarge (for positives scales) your volume or size: from scale 10 exp -200 to scale +200

You agree with it?

No.

Of course I don't agree.

You have just made it all up.

There is no evidence for what you say.

You don´t have to realize if it is possible or not to travel trough scales. Just 100 year ago every body thought it was not possible to travel throog TIME, and now it is to the future, and teoretically to the past.

Do you think that there is theoretically possible that exist other phisics entities within the range scale of 10 exp -1000 / 10 exp -900, or within the ramge scale 10 exp +900 / 10 exp +1000? Which physics laws will govern there? Wich waves will be usefull there?....You don´thing that these a re other Universes that we can only see and feel if we are able to travel there by changing our size?

At least, I see this is a different way to see the different universes of our Global Universe ..at least for me. If you know any article, thread, matter that consider this point of view, please tell to me.

You do realise a “TARDIS” is a purely fictional concept?

Edited by dimreepr

Moved to speculations.

It is a bit dishonest to pose a question only to later use it as an intro for your own personal speculation. Please keep original research confined to the speculations forum.

My firs idea was to clarify the requiremnets for a Dimension, and then to clarify the dependence or independence of it.

I didn´t want to talk about M-Dimension till have clear these topics, but like it was not possible to me obtain this info, I hed to ask directly the question on M-Dimension, I´m sorry.

This is a duplicate of another thread dapifo opened.

Is my firs time here, and I cannot eliminate the other thread....I´ll try now. I´m sorry

Two days ago I Attach a File, but I cannot see it????....were happen with the attachments?

Scale is not a direction of movment. It is a relative measurement. It's not a dimension.