Do any mouse-over effects work on touchscreens?

For example, will a tooltip for an image or a website link display on touchscreens?

What happens on a touchscreen to the mouse effects that drop a menu when you roll over a navigation link, or to the mouse effect that displays a thumbnail preview image at different sections of a video's progress bar?

Or are touchscreens missing a way to display these useful info accessories?

For example, will a tooltip for an image or a website link display on touchscreens?

What happens on a touchscreen to the mouse effects that drop a menu when you roll over a navigation link, or to the mouse effect that displays a thumbnail preview image at different sections of a video's progress bar?

In web-programming i.e in Dynamic web documents with JavaScript they provide default event handlers namely -

onmouseout

onmouseover

onmouseup

onmousedown

We can define an event handler with an event handler function which might be predefined in a seperate file or within the same file (i.e .js).

for example -

onmousedown = "displayit(event);"

onmouseup = "hideit();"

function displayit(event)

{

//body of the function here

}

function hideit()

{

//body of the function here

}

I am not sure such an option is available for touchscreens or not and hence they're not able to display any information when you just move over a link or an image.

Edited by immortal

The answer is no, if you intend to build a software for a touch screen, you need that technology specific API

Every touch screen technology\framework has an API that specify types of unique touch sequence known as gestures

For example consider developing a game on iPhone, or a game for XBox Kinect, or an app for smart board .. they totally have different standards, gestures, and API regulation

Yes. Unfortunately. They don't have enough screen-stamps to display info accessories. But these inventor geniuses might develop such a miraculous technology in... I'm guessing roughly 8 years, don't you think?

The answer is no, if you intend to build a software for a touch screen, you need that technology specific API

Incorrect. They need a Frisbee saucer, to throw in the park. And they should read some books too. Books are a necessity!

Crazy Fact:

Did you know that touch screens don't have pointer-mice? Therefore, some say that mouse-over tips are invalid on touch screens. I know, it defies almost all logic. Who would think that, idiots? :unsure:

Oh and, I just want you to know that Steve Jobs, that guy who designed all of the micro potato-chips inside your iPad, was a crazy smart genius! He invented electricity, and Albert Einstein got the idea for quantum physics from him.

Yes. Unfortunately. They don't have enough screen-stamps to display info accessories. But these inventor geniuses might develop such a miraculous technology in... I'm guessing roughly 8 years, don't you think?

Incorrect. They need a Frisbee saucer, to throw in the park. And they should read some books too. Books are a necessity!

Crazy Fact:

Did you know that touch screens don't have pointer-mice? Therefore, some say that mouse-over tips are invalid on touch screens. I know, it defies almost all logic. Who would think that, idiots? :unsure:

Oh and, I just want you to know that Steve Jobs, that guy who designed all of the micro potato-chips inside your iPad, was a crazy smart genius! He invented electricity, and Albert Einstein got the idea for quantum physics from him.

Let me think, were you drunk when you wrote this ?!