Creation Implies Providence.

Thomas Kelly guessed

People,

Evidence to consider.

If you want to change background to white on web page then look to top right hand corner of web page for small mechanical symbol and click on it and choose. Look to the other side for the small contents symbol to navigate through the books.

Chapter X.—Creation Implies Providence.

Then the old man said: "You are following it out exceedingly well." Then Niceta: "Now, then, we must inquire concerning the method of the world; of which the first inquiry is divided into two parts. For it is asked whether it has been made or not? And if it has not been made, itself must be that Unbegotten from which all things are. But if it has been made, concerning this again the question is divided into two parts, whether it was made by itself, or by another.

Source. http://www.ccel.org/...vi.iii.x.x.html

Edited by Thomas Kelly guessed

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

People,

Evidence to consider.

Maybe another way to look at the book of Genesis from The Works of Philo Judaeus.

ALLEGORICAL INTERPRETATION, I{*}{**Yonge's title, The First Book of the Treatise on The Allegories of the Sacred Laws, after the Work of the Six

Days of Creation.}

I. (1) "And the heaven and the earth and all their world was Completed."{1}{#ge 2:1.} Having previously related the creation of the mind and of sense, Moses now proceeds to describe the perfection which was brought about by them both. And he says that neither the indivisible mind nor the particular sensations received perfection, but only ideas, one the idea of the mind, the other of sensation. And, speaking symbolically, he calls the mind heaven, since the natures which can only be comprehended by the intellect are in heaven. And sensation he calls earth, because it is sensation which has obtained a corporeal and some what earthy constitution. The ornaments of the mind are all the incorporeal things, which are perceptible only by the intellect. Those of sensation are the corporeal things, and everything in short which is perceptible by the external senses.

http://www.earlychri...onge/book2.html

Contents page link below.

http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/yonge/

Evidence to consider.

!

Moderator Note

Concept to consider: book quotes are not inherently evidence. Is there an actual discussion you are trying to initiate, or are you just preaching?

Please, do respond to this modnote

swansont,

!

Moderator Note

Concept to consider: book quotes are not inherently evidence. Is there an actual discussion you are trying to initiate, or are you just preaching?

I have posted evidence of something.

If people want to tell us their thoughts after reasoning we may discuss.

Please, do respond to this modnote

I thought it might be beneficial to us all so I was happy to.

swansont,

If people want to tell us their thoughts after reasoning we may discuss.

I thought it might be beneficial to us all so I was happy to.

I read a book recently “unseen academicals” by Terry Pratchett, it however, doesn’t provide evidence of trolls or any other fictional characters. Why do you think your book does?

dimreepr,

I read a book recently "unseen academicals" by Terry Pratchett, it however, doesn't provide evidence of trolls or any other fictional characters. Why do you think your book does?

Have you looked at the evidence of another topic in this forum about the bible containing truths and falsities to test people ?

!

Moderator Note

No, you posted an assertion and a quote. No evidence of anything was posted, and no real argument in favor of the assertion was posted.

dimreepr,

Have you looked at the evidence of another topic in this forum about the bible containing truths and falsities to test people ?

You clearly have no idea of what “evidence” actually means, in that it requires empiricism or proof, if you will, and your book simply doesn’t provide such.

ACG52,

It's only evidence that a book was written. There is no evidence that what was written in the book is true in any way.

Can you explain each sentence of all the literature to prove your claim ? Will you then do it so we can see you know what you're talking about ?

dimreepr,

A book is a thing, a thing is evidence.

Not really...by that logic, a donut proves you right as well. I think what we're trying to get at is, do you have any empirical evidence from other sources that supports your claim? As far as I can see, what you've posted above is mostly a philosophical treatise (a somewhat incomprehensible one at that).