Learning the Sayings of Jesus, How He Taught & What Happened

Thomas Kelly guessed

You may agree that to learn about Jesus's sayings you need to be taught by an early church father, an example may be John Chrysostom of about 4th century A.D. You may read from a link below an explanation of Sermon on the Mount of Matthew 5. 1,2. until the end of Matthew 7. 28.

Part of.

Homily XV.

Matt. V. 1, 2.

“And Jesus seeing the multitudes went up into the mountain, and when He was set, His disciples came unto Him. And He opened His mouth, and taught them saying, Blessed,” etc.

See how unambitious He was, and void of boasting: in that He did not lead people about with Him, but whereas, when healing was required, He had Himself gone about everywhere, visiting both towns and country places; now when the multitude is become very great, He sits in one spot: and that not in the midst of any city or forum, but on a mountain and in a wilderness; instructing us to do nothing for display, and to separate ourselves from the tumults of ordinary life,581and this most especially, when we are to study wisdom, and to discourse of things needful to be done.

Source (link removed by moderator, please see SFN forum rule 2.7 to see why).

!

Moderator Note

My goodness. You sure know how to make our members use the report button.

At SFN we have rules regarding preaching and using the forum as your own soap box. The main reason for this is that we are a discussion forum and we try maintain an environment that elicits discussion. Allowing members to treat this place as a lecture hall does not serve this purpose particularly well.

With that in mind, I am going to close this thread and ask that you please stop with the preaching. Any more threads like this (and I'm about to go through your content history) will also be closed. In addition, failure to comply with this request will mean a suspension.