is this world better off without humans?

leugi

We're also developing global policy governance for space debris.

Anything we can mess up, we can fix. Name another animal that can do that.

Anything we can mess up we certainly do have the intelligence to make a plan that will fix it.

It's a pity we don't always use that intelligence to avoid the mess in the first place.

It seems to me that once the rational plan has been made we often lack the will to accept the effort, disruption to our lives and the expense needed to see it through. For example many observers think our efforts to reduce the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere is "too little, too late".

The writing has been on the wall for many years concerning oil. I think, if we really were willing to bite the bullet in the recent past, science could have seen that by now, as an example, cars were running completely on something other than refined oil. It would be a great long term benefit if we could tell the Middle East to keep its oil - we don't need it!

I rather think that efforts to reduce space debris have more to do with making space a safer place for space movement than any altruistic feelings of keeping space pure.

Edited by Joatmon

Yes, the world -- if not the entirety of all the universes -- would be better off without humans. Humans are the stinkiest creatures to pollute reality. Human kakaa stinks worse than non-human kakaa. In addition, humans are the only creatures capable of sadism. When a non-human animal attacks something/someone, it does so out of fear or the need to eat. Only humans attacks other living things [animals and other humans] just for sick pleasure. Humans are the only animals who are monstrous enough to harm others just for the sake of causing harm. Humans are the only organisms capable of being evil.

Sometimes humans are incapable of seeing that they are fast becoming what they hate and fear the most.

do you want to talk about it with someone?

Cats routinely play with their prey, allowing it to escape and then pulling it back or injuring it just enough so it can't quite get away while the cat slowly kills it... not nice...

Cats routinely play with their prey, allowing it to escape and then pulling it back or injuring it just enough so it can't quite get away while the cat slowly kills it... not nice...

then they often don't eat it. I think U.S. versus Tom in the trial for the death and dismemberment of Jerry clearly shows the following statement to be mistaken,

"Only humans attacks other living things [animals and other humans] just for sick pleasure. Humans are the only animals who are monstrous enough to harm others just for the sake of causing harm."

Edited by Iggy

Some friends of mine have had girlfriends like that. Just sayin'...

Animals are so fucking stupid. I hate them.

I hate all life in general. Especially manatees. I mean come on. It's called glass you bozo. Read a book.

AMEN. Although... if manatees didn't exist, we wouldn't have this song! And then I'd be sad.

the light that burns the brightest burns out the fastest, and we have burn so very bright, so is life on this planet better off without humans?

Yes. This world would be better off without humans.

Humans are the only ones protecting earth from the real evil... asteroids and comets that would exterminate most species. It's like the other animals don't even care. They refuse to shoulder their share of the responsibility.

Asteroids etc. are not real evils. They are just falling rocks and a falling rock is not evil. For something to be evil it must have a conscious intention of doing bad. We exist only because an asteroid hit the Earth and cleared the way for the possibility of humans to arrive. Who knows. Perhaps the next asteroid which wipes out humans is one that prepares the way for a better species than ours. One that doesn't kill others of its own species.

Also, humans have done nothing to protect ourselves from asteroids etc. All we've done is create a very small group of people who spend time searching the sky for such asteroids. If one was found that will hit the earth in, say, 10 years, we'd be unprepared to do anything about it. There is no real program to slaughter an asteroid which could hit the Earth. Take a look at the Historic record of Near-Earth objects which have impacted the earth from 19018 (Tunguska Event) to 2009 (Indonesia Event)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Near-Earth_asteroid#Near-Earth_asteroids

Asteroid hits are chances for the Earth and evolution to start over. The Earth doesn't really get damaged. For the Earth its like its skin getting buffed off.

Animals are so fucking stupid. I hate them.

That's a pretty silly notion. Animals aren't stupid. Stupidity is a relative concept and applies only within a species. One can only speak of a relatively dumb dog copared to other dogs of its same species.

At Einstein's time most people in the world was less intelligent than Albert Einstein. How do you think he felt being around all the stupid people in the world? Einstein was smarter than 99% of the people in the world at that time (rough estimate)

Edited by pmb

Yes. This world would be better off without humans.

How so? in a few hundred million years the sun will consume the earth and all life on it, how is the presence of humans in the hear and now good or bad? We may be the harbingers of a new a expansion of the hominid line, multiple species that come about after the fall of civilization... :ph34r:

or spread to the Stars....

Asteroids etc. are not real evils. They are just falling rocks and a falling rock is not evil. For something to be evil it must have a conscious intention of doing bad. We exist only because an asteroid hit the Earth and cleared the way for the possibility of humans to arrive. Who knows. Perhaps the next asteroid which wipes out humans is one that prepares the way for a better species than ours. One that doesn't kill others of its own species.

There are no species that do not kill each other, human society is relatively non violent compared to Lions and a great many other animals. Equating Human morals and the morals of other species is problematic.

Edited by Moontanman

I hate all life in general.

Especially manatees. I mean come on.

It's called glass you bozo. Read a book.

Manatees eschew reading in favor of making small children giggle, apparently.

Couldn't they just be stupid?

Vulgar just means "generally used", to some.

..........................Vulgar just means "generally used", to some.

Oh dear, the English language is so difficult to master - I'll get there eventually! biggrin.gif

Edited by Joatmon

Minks and weasels often do the killing for no reason other than it's fun or something like that. I used to trap minks for their fur, mean little bastards, it wasn't unusual to find dead muskrats and or their young after a mink had found them, just dead no attempt to eat the prey items at all.

Then you have Wolverines.. super weasels, they run grizzly bears off their kills and then just piss all over it so no animals will eat it... their piss is a lot like skunk spray... mean bastards...

Calm down boys. Vulgar banter is just what's used by the common folk. I was only following the rules.

I request a long apology, on the ground begging for forgiveness- or an amendment to the rules.

Are you sure about the rules?

post-68560-0-79992200-1338403636_thumb.jpg

Edited by Joatmon

• 2 weeks later...

Even if humans have violent proclivities, they might develop the technology to engineer a less violent species.

Here is a potentially positive consequence of the existence of the human race:

There was an event known as the Cretaceous extinction that occurred approx 65 million years ago. It supposedly wiped out 85% of all species on the planet. One theory was that it was caused by the impact of a large meteorite. If another such large meteorite were headed towards earth, I'm certain that scientists and engineers would divert it from striking, thereby preventing a re-occurance of a similar mass extinction of life. So the human race may yet be of positive value, in terms of its relationship to the rest of the animal species on the planet, by preventing their extinction from a natural catastrophic event similar to the one that caused the Cretacious extinction.

While your daydream is being saved from a meteorite collision, the real world is undergoing pollution and large scale species extinction.

I think a key question is whether a human dominated biosphere can be altered more significantly than one that's not dominated by humans. Forgive my lack of knowledge, but don't the samples of the arctic ice support the idea that earth is changing faster than it ever has in the past? What is the evidence indicating that species extinction has occurred more rapidly during the reign of humanity? I barely know about this.

Edited by Mondays Assignment: Die

Does God die with the last human being? If not, what will he do? Will he do a better "job" of maintaining the earth without us? If he does die what will have been the purpose of His existence? Did we invent Him or did He invent us?

Edited by Joatmon

Will he do a better "job" of maintaining the earth without us?

didn't he seem to think so on at least one occasion in the bible? :blink:

He certainly is a might unpredictable and given to mood swings of a sort... to quote Serenity

didn't he seem to think so on at least one occasion in the bible? :blink:

He certainly is a might unpredictable and given to mood swings of a sort... to quote Serenity

I'm afraid I asked a string of questions that I can't answer. The key question that I asked is the last one "Did we invent Him or did He invent us? "

Who is this question being adressed to? Better off for who, what?

Does God die with the last human being? If not, what will he do? Will he do a better "job" of maintaining the earth without us? If he does die what will have been the purpose of His existence? Did we invent Him or did He invent us?

How are you so sure that the being in concern here should be addressed as a "He" and not "She" or if that gender qualification makes any sense?

How are you so sure that the being in concern here should be addressed as a "He" and not "She" or if that gender qualification makes any sense?

Oh dear. The Political Correctness Police will be after me yet again.

Edited by Joatmon

Oh dear. The Political Correctness Police will be after me yet again.

:rolleyes:

For God to die, he/she/it must be alive first. Where is the proof of that?

• 6 months later...

No i definitely think we belong here. Without us the world wouldn't be much.

But i was thinking, What if we are the aliens? We as a human society always presume that alien races will have superior technology etc, So How come, their are multiple species of animals, Yet Us humans are all the same except color of skin. There are many many types of animals that have no technology and would look at us as an alien race with superior flight and weapons tech.

anybody got any input?