mercury autism interesting literature

sammy7

just some interesting literature on the topic i understand this is sensitive to immunologists but oh well

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/22350041

this one is imo how you design a study to yield the conclusion you want....just found it interesting.....

http://ebm.rsmjourna...228/6/660.short

didnt realize they actually had peer reviewed literature like the one above...

<link removed>

ok...chart page 3......

Oh My God!

It turns out that giving me more money makes kids in the US get autism.

Seriously, I looked at the autism incidence (from that paper which you agreed not to distribute) and I plotted them against my salary over the years.

There's a very strong positive correlation.

In a related study I showed that children keep their brains in their feet.

I came up with the original hypothesis after a heavy night out in the pub.

In the morning I realised it was testable.

If it were true that kids keep their brains in their feet then the ones with bigger feet would do better at things like spelling tests or tests of arithmetic.

I asked the headmaster of the primary school I went to if he could collect data. The kids do lots of tests like that anyway so it was just a matter of asking them for their shoe sizes.

Shockingly, it turns out that I was right.

The kids with bigger feet did better in the tests.

OK, so I'm joking- I didn't do the experiment, but I assure you that, if I had done that test I would have found a very strong correlation between shoe size and ability to spell.

Older kids have bigger feet and do better at maths and English.

The study you cited falls into the same trap- it ignores time (and anything correlated with it) as a confounding factor.

I'm surprised it was published.

It's notable that it's near 10 years old and that science has moved on- not least in that the guy who first suggested a link has been found to be a liar.

Oh, and there's the fact that thiomersal is an ethyl mercury derivative, not a methyl mercury one. Methyl mercury compounds are noted for neurotoxicity, ethyl mercury ones are much less so.

Some people may find these informative.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17168158

hay what happened with one of the links?? i had to sign up will make it available then...yah also andrew wakefied still has his literature on there but its got "retracted" stamped all over it....guy does science-destroys his career. also in case i have to point out look at the control group in the first literature....thanks

are you in the medical profession john cuthber?

hay what happened with one of the links?? i had to sign up will make it available then...yah also andrew wakefied still has his literature on there but its got "retracted" stamped all over it....guy does science-destroys his career. also in case i have to point out look at the control group in the first literature....thanks

It was retracted due to fraud, not because he did science. Guy fakes science and endangers public - destroys his career.

http://retractionwatch.wordpress.com/2011/01/06/some-quick-thoughts-and-links-on-andrew-wakefield-the-bmj-autism-vaccines-and-fraud/

chart page 3

for someone who thinks science "proves" vaccines please read and cite one peer reviewed literature thanks. just one at a time.

Image removed - in violation of copyright laws.

Copied over from the closed duplicate thread:

The study that started this whole DANGEROUS charade about supposed connection between immunization and autism is FRAUDULENT: http://www.cnn.com/2...ines/index.html

The fact is that people get less vaccines because of this dangerous movement to rush to dangerous conclusions and convince people to literally put their children at harm's way. And guess what?

There's a whooping cough (Pertussis) outbreak. One of those deadly ilnesses that were almost unheard of in the modern world *because* of vaccines is coming back, double time.

http://children.webmd.com/vaccines/features/california-whooping-cough-epidemic

So what you're saying, really, is that a single correlation between 2 UNRELATED statistical results trump everything *actual doctors* say, and *actual studies* say.

Please read those before you urge parents to put their children at harm, and hurt herd immunity.

~mooey

CHALLENGE TO MY FELLOW MEN. please find me one peer reviewed literature article "showing" vaccines "work". one at a time please thanks for reading (please read the actual literature yourself first and not just the abstract thanks)

Here's the article in the BMJ (which CNN refers to) about Wakefield and his fraud: http://www.bmj.com/c.../bmj.c5347.full

He should tell that to the kids and elderly who died from Measles, Rubella and Pertussis in the past few years (Deaths from these diseases are INCREASING in the modern world. Where are the anti-vaxxers to insist on correlation with causation now??)

Nothing angers me more than callous people letting children die.

~mooey

CHALLENGE TO MY FELLOW MEN. please find me one peer reviewed literature article "showing" vaccines "work". one at a time please thanks for reading (please read the actual literature yourself first and not just the abstract thanks)

How 'bout you read what I posted, half of those have explanations about vaccines with (SHOCKER) multiple research ilnks in them.

This goes two-ways, Sammy, we're not here to post so you ignore our posts. You ignored John Cutbher's points and then posted another post as if no one has challenged you (quite rude, honestly) and then you have the audacity to demand *we* should read what we post first.

Seriously, now.

Also, it seems YOU are the one making the claim (that vaccines cause autism) and therefore YOU are the one in need of providing evidence.

Did you read the fraudulent data that Wakefield published FRAUDULENTLY? You should.

~mooey

Anti-vaxxers aren't really an informed crowd. That is, they are NOT peer reviewed publication, so "proving them wrong" with a peer reviewed publication is not quite a relevant demand here.

Before you say anything about peer reviewed publication (double standard as it is) please READ THOSE ARTICLES. They are both analyzing actual scientific research, so the study is there.

Show us you don't just post here for nothing, and you actually care about the debate by participating in it, reading what we answer you, and arguing with some intellectual honesty.

~mooey

the article john cuthber posted-nothing. i didnt find a single peer reviewed scientific literature article in those links ?my question-fellow human beings lol please find me one peer reviewed scientific literature article (immunology or microbiology might be were to look i have no idea you tell me) "showing" vaccines to be efficacious. i will leave it up to you to define "efficacious" . it should be noted that the assumption x didnt happen because we did z is obviously untenable. also when i say "peer reviewed scientific literature" perhaps its best if i say what i DONT mean- i DONT mean-a mainstream media story and i DONT mean someones blog i DO mean-peer reviewed scientific literature ok? THANKS lol

Edited by sammy7

Guy trying to make a fast buck, commits fraud. Indirectly kills and injures people - mainly children- and only gets his career destroyed rather than getting jailed.

I'm a chemist not a medic and, for the record the review I cited is peer reviewed scientific literature which is what you say you want, but you dismiss it as "nothing" without giving a reason.

Are you trolling, or do you want to be taken seriously about this?

the literature you cited was "we found no link between the two" ok sure ill just read that one literature article put 100% of my faith in it (rofl) and stop looking for actual evidence.......thanks for citation though not everyone does. (not personal johnny).please someone read that data (the whole literature and the graph) and comment

Geir & Geir, the authors of some of the papers described by sammy7, are the American counterparts to Wakefield. Like Wakefield, Geir & Geir have profited immensely from their faked links between vaccines and autism. Like Wakefield, Geir & Geir have had articles redacted. Like Wakefield, Geir & Geir have falsified data and endangered children just to make a profit.

The approach by Geir & Geir is particularly heinous. Their treatment was to inject the drug Lupron. Note very well: This is the same drug used in high doses to chemically castrate sex offenders. This drug is dangerous even in lesser doses. It is supposed to be used in children only if they suffering from premature onset of puberty. It is not supposed to be used in children who have a risk of seizures. It is not supposed to be used in children who are going through puberty at an appropriate age. It is not supposed to be used in children unless they have been explicitly tested for premature onset of puberty. Fortunately, their licenses to practice medicine has been suspended.

There is no verifiable link between vaccines and autism. There is a huge link between children not getting vaccinated and the recent upsurge in diseases such as measles and whooping cough. There (I hope) is a special place in hell for Wakefield, Geir & Geir, and their ilk.

Edited by D H

please refute the actual data thanks. (the chart and that literature yes you will have to read it) and you believe in hell do you? thanks . it should be noted too that no words i ever typed were linking autism to vaccines. i post literature people go spastic science fails to get done

the literature you cited was "we found no link between the two" ok sure ill just read that one literature article put 100% of my faith in it (rofl) and stop looking for actual evidence.......thanks for citation though not everyone does. (not personal johnny).please someone read that data (the whole literature and the graph) and comment

Instead you put 100% of your faith in a ridiculous deadly claim that has *no* evidence, and was shown to be a fraud.

Yeah, that makes total sense.

!

Moderator Note

Sammy

Please be careful and avoid posting documents that are clearly marked as not for distribution and for personal academic use only. I have deleted your attached document.

Seriously?

How much polio is there these days, in regions where you get vaccinated?

I presume that you are a complete idiot and don't understand the nature of the article I posted.

It's a literature review.

A bunch of people who understand science and statistics look at a wide range of papers (all peer reviewed) and decide what the evidence shows (if anything). Then they write a (peer reviewed) report summarising the data .

So, it's exactly what you asked for, yet you wrote it off as "nothing".