TIME AND WE

life station

dear friends, just a puzzle was disturbing my mind so i thought i should ask you guys.

science (physics) says that time,space ,and matter including we are weaved togather ,and time is always running ,and gone time never comes back then here is my question

time (the micro second which was with us at one point) was gone than, how come we remain in present and the universe also remains . where does the passed time elopes, at which dimension of the world ,or the time itself is speculation?

if my question is foolish pls ignore

dear friends, just a puzzle was disturbing my mind so i thought i should ask you guys.

science (physics) says that time,space ,and matter including we are weaved togather ,and time is always running ,and gone time never comes back then here is my question

time (the micro second which was with us at one point) was gone than, how come we remain in present and the universe also remains . where does the passed time elopes, at which dimension of the world ,or the time itself is speculation?

bolded mine.

1. We remain in the present, right, but the universe, that's another story. Everything we observe around us lies in the past, not in the present. Today we observe something as it was some time ago. The farther we look, the more in the past. What we observe is a slice of the history of the universe.

2. "where does the passed time elopes"?

There has been a mountain of discussions about this on this Forum. Some people here believe that when a millisecond elapses, we continue to live somehow in the past, frozen in time, in a place where eventually we could go back (or not) and find ourselves living in the past. Personnaly, (my opinion) I think it is a wrong conception. IMHO we are nowhere else than here, in the present, and we continue to be here in the present because we "move" through time, i.e. we change continuously coordinates in time. Yesterday you were here, today you are here: you changed coordinates in time. Under that scope, there is no other "you" in the past, the past instant did not go anywhere: you "moved".

3. maybe I am wrong. Anyway your question is not foolish. It has been beaten to death. (I survived)

Time is a construct. It is an understanding of motion at the moment. It is meaningless without motion as a reference. Nothing about motion is foreseeable. Motion can stop in the next instant. You must be satisfied with the moment because that is all there is.

hay time is just a construct of our universe. we could take away time and we wouldnt experience it (head asplode) like taking away our 3d by drawing people on a piece of paper. they are stuck in 2d and dont experience our extra 3d plane head asplode tldr thanks for reading

science (physics) says that time,space ,and matter including we are weaved together ,and time is always running ,and gone time never comes back then here is my question

Time is a measurement of change. You need a standard measuring instrument to quantitatively measure it. Time is a construct of an intelligent mind but does not exist as a separate entity. It is like X,Y, and Z, the Cartesian dimensions length, width, and height. It's not reality itself, only a tool to explain changes in reality. Time past is the same thing as yesterday. Both yesterday and any interval of time-past were intervals of change. Strictly speaking 4:00 PM yesterday was not a time itself but just a point in an interval of change which we call time.

This is maybe the simplest understanding of time, but this simplicity can be easily complicated within complicated theory such as Quantum Physics :(

//

Edited by pantheory