Please help me with firefox!

morgsboi

My firefox misses out certain letters. I've tried a few different versions (that I know have worked in the past) but every time it still does it. It is so difficult to do anything with it! Oh, and I have windows 7.

This is a screenshot of what's been happening: http://tinypic.com/r/2h38nt5/6

I use google chrome as a main browser but I need firefox for add-ons.

Try this, you are going to do full clean install:

1. Backup FF profile with Mozbackup So you can go back if what follows doesn't work. This will put all your customisations bookmarks etc back.

2. Backup just your bookmarks like THIS (Manual Backup)

3. Download the free version (down page) of Revouninstaller .Install it and select the Mozilla icon then Uninstall. Choose Advanced. Follow the prompts. The firefox unstaller will start first where you will choose to remove user data as well. After this Revo will do its own search where you will delete everything it finds. Reboot computer. Reinstall FF. If the problem has gone the problem lies in the profile folder and really I would say start again with all your extensions and customisations but you can put your bookmarks back with the restore option mentioned in step 2 above.

If the problem hasn't gone away you can go back to the beginning by using the restore option in Mozbackup which will put everything back as it was when you started.

Edited by StringJunky

My firefox misses out certain letters. I've tried a few different versions (that I know have worked in the past) but every time it still does it. It is so difficult to do anything with it! Oh, and I have windows 7.

I had that problem with FF 11 - but moved to beta of FF12 and they went away. I think FF12 is out of beta - I am now using Aurora/FF14 (cos I am silly) - perhaps as first try make sure your installation is most up to date.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear u first uninstall ur firefox and reinstall it..then update ur firefox addons..this problem must be shoot out..

firefox is agood webbrowser...there are many latest version of that..dowload any one and reinstall it.