Where Can I learn about Space Medicine / Astro-physiology?

Cevion

Ok, so, this isnt exactly 100% physics related I dont think, but it fits into many different science fields.

I am curious is there a field of science or a study thats similar to Astro-biology?

I guess I should start here. I am a huge science person, big on space. Its a stretch .. but if I could accomplish and live through one thing, it would be to help discover, develop, enhance existing possibilities of setting up life on a new planet / moon.

Example: helping construct a way for people and animals to live on the moon.

So in a way, this hits biology

but also deals with astronomy

Is there a study that deals with this? And if so, whats the best way to go about it?

I want to eventually help colonize space. Obviously I know this is a far fetched dream in my life time, but even if I could help start a movement that puts us closer I would be happy.

It's, physics, biology, engineering or chemistry (it doesn't matter). Space colonization will not be a single-person project. It will be a team effort, and the team will consist of biologists, physicists, chemists, (bio)chemical engineers, electrical engineers, life science engineers, etc., etc.

And if we ever start to colonize space in a more serious way, then I assure you that many universities will develop a master program, or even a complete faculty, related to this topic. But as of now, there is not a particular study with a major in space colonization.

[edit]I made some comments about the previous topic title, which was confusing. But because imatfaal kindly changed the topic title, I have edited those out again.

Maybe "aerospace medicine" would interest you? Not sure where that would be provided.

The reason I bring up "space medicine", or whatever you'd like to call it, is because as of now we are having astronauts return to Earth with unpredicted side-affects... just after a short amount of time in space. I think colonization is a little far-fetched at this moment. I wonder if there are degrees involving this, though. I have no clue.

Alright, thanks for the tips and info thus far guys, and I appreciate the title change. I hope to figure this out. I may post more quests on this thread in the future when I can think of them!