Phd in biology abroad?

niharika

I am Indian, I am doing my masters in Molecular microbiology.

Some of subjects interesting to me are:population genetics, evolutionary genetics, forensics, biological anthropology, medical microbiology, plant pathology

I don't know anything about doing phd abroad. So I would request you to give me some details about:

-What all exams I have to write to go?

-Which are the best places to go?

-which are the best universities?

-how many years will it take to finish phd?

-what are advantages of doing abroad?

-what are financial aspects, scholarships?

Thank you for answering

Almost all of your questions seem to heavily depend on where you want to go and on personal details. Exceptions are "what are the best places/universities", that strongly depends on how you define "best", and the time a PhD takes, which is in the order of 3-6 years for biology (on average and depending where you go).

My advice to get started with collection of information (which is just an advice, not the only possible way to go) would be the following: Take your favorite papers (assuming Indian master's students do read research papers - otherwise just google up some that sound interesting). Look up the academic affiliation of the authors. Check the PhD program requirements of their universities and the countries they lie in. From there on, search paths for further information should become obvious.