Key logger program

Moontanman

It has been suggested that i have recently down loaded a key logger program, someone keeps using my e-mail account to send out spam in spite of me changing my password several times.

How do i find such a program and how do I get rid of it.

I have run viral scans, McAffe, spybot search and destroy, Advanced system care and CCleaner to no avail. Can anyone suggest a course of action?

• 3 weeks later...

I would advise you to open task manager, click processes and end any process in which you don't know about. Be sure to make a note of the process name and description to do an internet search on it. If you don't find it like that, try using any of the other suggestions on here. :D

I would advise you to open task manager, click processes and end any process in which you don't know about. Be sure to make a note of the process name and description to do an internet search on it. If you don't find it like that, try using any of the other suggestions on here. :D

I must have 40 or 50 processes running and I have no idea what most of them are for...

I must have 40 or 50 processes running and I have no idea what most of them are for...

That's why it is better to use a tool like HijackThis to create a log file of processes for you that you can post online for more knowledgeable people to use to inspect and advise you on your system. There are many malware forums that will help you identify bad programs from a hijackthis report. I suspect Hitman fixed your trouble though.

• 3 weeks later...