Reformation of Brain Structure after death

Just a question, what do you think happens if the brain structure of a human reforms to an exactly same state as it was at the instant of death?

Would the human live again, and feel "himself"?

I think that he would.

If we consider this for example:

Suppose there's a man. The man has a heart attack. He effectively dies, his brain stops fuctioning. The man is brought to a hospital where his heart is made to pump again, so his brains get blood and start fuctioning again. So in a way he is "resurrected" from the dead. He feels being the same human he was before he "died" for a short instant.

In my view a perfectly homological example is if a man gets blown to pieces by a bomb. Then if he (his brain) later reforms the way it was before his death, then he would effectively be resurrected as the heart patient was.

Of course reforming of a human brain is not a really probable event, but still it's possible (In practise it could perhaps happen if someone was trying to construct human brains. It could be that they "accidentally" constructed a brain like the dead mans, even though the possibility for this is stil insanely small, it's still a probability I think could happen). The probability might be 1/10^45677789898747, but it still exists.

Just a question, what do you think happens if the brain structure of a human reforms to an exactly same state as it was at the instant of death?

Would the human live again, and feel "himself"?

I think that he would.

If we consider this for example:

Suppose there's a man. The man has a heart attack. He effectively dies, his brain stops fuctioning. The man is brought to a hospital where his heart is made to pump again, so his brains get blood and start fuctioning again. So in a way he is "resurrected" from the dead. He feels being the same human he was before he "died" for a short instant.

In my view a perfectly homological example is if a man gets blown to pieces by a bomb. Then if he (his brain) later reforms the way it was before his death, then he would effectively be resurrected as the heart patient was.

Of course reforming of a human brain is not a really probable event, but still it's possible (In practise it could perhaps happen if someone was trying to construct human brains. It could be that they "accidentally" constructed a brain like the dead mans, even though the possibility for this is stil insanely small, it's still a probability I think could happen). The probability might be 1/10^45677789898747, but it still exists.

If it were possible to reform the brain after death in such a way that you reconstructed all neural pathways and chemical balances to exactly the same as they were before the individual died, then might it not be possible to reconstruct it to be whatever you wanted? Say you wanted to bring back your dead grandma (and you didn't care what body she incubated), or a dead president, or a historical figure, or your dream girl/guy.

If it were possible to reform the brain after death in such a way that you reconstructed all neural pathways and chemical balances to exactly the same as they were before the individual died, then might it not be possible to reconstruct it to be whatever you wanted? Say you wanted to bring back your dead grandma (and you didn't care what body she incubated), or a dead president, or a historical figure, or your dream girl/guy.

• 1 month later...

To be perfectly honest I do not know how the brain changes at the moment of death. I would like to say if a person was hooked up to a heart / lung machine, that you could probably live allot longer...dare I say forever, i think not. What has to be acknowledged is that brain cells die VERY easily. After 3 minutes without oxygen brain cells start dying, and after 8 minutes, there is permanent brain damage, please correct me if i'm wrong, i may be a bit rusty on my figures.

I'm not sure if you could really bring somebody back unless it was through horribly invasive surgery before death in order to to either keep oxygenated blood flowing to the brain, and concequently the rest of the body. I do not think this would be possible in the long run because a person hooked up to such equipment would have little or no mobility, and without that we see blood clotting, muscle atrophy, and a whole other range of physiological and psychological nasties.

But i'm probably a million miles from your question, mybad!

~Steve