Perpetual Motion

Broti

This is my first time posting here so if this is the wrong forum, I apologize in advance. I've been doing some web browsing and can't find much information on this idea I have been tossing around in my head and thought this might be a good place to ask about it. The idea. Static electricity induced perptual motion generator. I really don't have any idea if anything like this would be possible and if it would if static electricity could produce enough energy to be worth it. The basic idea would be that this generator would have an internal battery for start up and storing a base amount of energy so that it can keep running. The spinning of the device could produce static electricity through friction perhaps? Is static electricity even usuable as an energy source? I'm sure someone much smarter than me could have come up with this idea sooner if it was possible, and even immediatly dismissing this idea would not be taken as an insult. Any feedback would be appreciated, and again I'm sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

The spinning of the device could produce static electricity through friction perhaps?

Friction is the one thing that makes all perpetual motion machines impossible. It is exactly what causes such contraptions to expend more energy than they can produce.

I'll take the liberty to edit the original post and condense it down to the very most significant parts...

[...] The idea. [...] perptual motion generator. I really don't have any idea if anything like this would be possible[...]

....And that's all we need, Broti. Perpetual motion generators are not possible. It doesn't matter what they look like or how they're supposed to work. The moment somebody starts talking about a perpetual motion machine as anything other than a thought experiment, they're showing their lack of physics education. That last part isn't an insult, mind you. It's simply a statement of fact. UNLESS, of course, they're trying to sell you something. Then they can take it as an insult.

Edited by InigoMontoya

• 3 weeks later...

Aldo Costa already builded a few decades ago and it's working and he didn't get any price at all. Everybody turning heads away from him because he defied the laws of termodynamic. People are very ignorant in that sense. Specialy Oil companies are fighting against perpetula motion machines very hard. They have control over patent offices etc. So law of thermodynamic is their major excuse. But they don't know how to explain Aldo Costa spining wheel. Formulas we learn in schools are wrong to ceartan point.

I would give him a Nobel Prize. He deserve it.

sorry, my spelling!!

Aldo Costa already builded a few decades ago and it's working and he didn't get any price at all. Everybody turning heads away from him because he defied the laws of termodynamic. People are very ignorant in that sense. Specialy Oil companies are fighting against perpetula motion machines very hard. They have control over patent offices etc. So law of thermodynamic is their major excuse. But they don't know how to explain Aldo Costa spining wheel. Formulas we learn in schools are wrong to ceartan point.

I would give him a Nobel Prize. He deserve it.

sorry, my spelling!!

How did he manage to get rid of friction and thermal losses?

Do you understand what the second and third laws of thermodynamics are all about?

Learn about simple machines!!! He is using leaver princip on wheel configuration.

Have you ever put stick on your finger. If is not in balance, will rotate. How the heck is that possible? Friction and thermal losses are not the question here. He did the same!!!!!!!!!!! He put wheel off balance!!! Continueslly!!!

To answer direct. He used bearings. Oh yeah.

They are some other working perpetual motion machine on youtube you can check for yourself.

Learn about simple machines!!! He is using leaver princip on wheel configuration.

Have you ever put stick on your finger. If is not in balance, will rotate. How the heck is that possible? Friction and thermal losses are not the question here. He did the same!!!!!!!!!!! He put wheel off balance!!! Continueslly!!!

To answer direct. He used bearings. Oh yeah.

They are some other working perpetual motion machine on youtube you can check for yourself.

A rod on your finger rotates due to gravity. Anything as you describe will slow down and stop in some equilibrium position, i.e. where the potential energy is minimised.

Bearings do not remove friction, they just reduce it. You also have friction due to the air etc... you cannot remove friction. Sorry but these systems do not work. People claiming they do are either frauds, taken in by someone else's crap or have no experience of the systems described.

Looks like you are stuck with theory. Please go to France visit Mr. Aldo Costa and study his wheel. He is a nice guy and he will demonstrate for you.

In the mean time try this. Cut from A4 sheet of paper a circle roughly 4 to 5 inches. Pin through center a pin and that paper wheel will not rotate because is balanced Gravitationally. Now pin one inch off centre in horizontal line and paper wheel will rotate 90 degree downwards and also pass it over a bit. That is because of mass inertia. And paper wheel will swing back to final neutral position 90 degree down and stop. If you are fast enough you can repin offset again and again and wheel will spin forever and ever. Friction is overcomed!!!

Ask yourself why friction is so small that alowes paper wheel pass that neutral position. Hey in the mean time Mr. Costa reposition center of rotation.

Can you believe that?

Mr. Costa's wheel is allways off centre balanced all the time. And that is mechanicaly possible and proven just as your paper wheel in your hand.

Only mathematics stops if you are using formula of thermodynamic not the wheel.

Your car has many bearings. You do overcome friction of bearings when you are driving or just simple moving. Aren`t you!

If you are "repinning" you are moving a mass around against gravity you are therefore putting energy into the system.

No, with a car on the level if you disconnect the engine (go into neutral) and are on the flat the car will slow and stop.

Bearings reduce friction in joints they certainly don't remove it, else why/how could you ever burn them out, the heating is due to friction.

Everything you said is correct and I am fine if you are standing in guard for thermodynamics. Laws of thermodynamics doesn't base on origin of energy, mass or gravity. Since nobody figure it out this origins the law is in place and millions of people like you simply think that it is. I am fine with that.

Gravity....

If Mr. Costa's invention is everything he says it is, please explain why he has this wheel just randomly turning (where even the video points out it is influenced by wind and such) rather than generating energy? I mean, the guy does all the work to build a 5 story machine but he can't be bothered to hook up even a pissant 5 kW generator to it? Or are you saying that Big Oil has bought up every generator for 500 miles in any direction so that it's impossible for Mr. Costa to install one?

I did.

I'm fine with that means that I'm do accept your opinion nomatter you are right or wrong. Happy?

I'm not here to fight for who is right or wrong!!!! Facts only, please!!

Here we don't consider unsupported assertions to be facts since they are against the rules. We need more than just your say so.

Edited by doG