please, introduction to probability AND accompanying maths

MonDie

Is there a book that will introduce probability to me without requiring that I already know the maths involved. I want to learn the mathematics in the process. I know precaclulus but no calculus.

I don't know any probability besides the little discrete probability I learned in precalculus I. I'm good at math. On a state-sponsored test administered during highschool, I scored in the ninety-fifth percentile of my school for mathematics, although I was never placed in an advanced class.

Most books on probability are expensive, although I found a few books on probability or statistics that I can get for cheap.

Probability: An Introduction (Goldberg) is approximately ten dollars, but despite the great ratings, it only goes over discrete probability.

I found some book recommendations on this forum, but they're dated and still as expensive as other probability books.

"Loeve's Probability Theory" has Amazon reviews saying it cannot be appreciated without a good background in math.

http://www.sciencefo...duction__st__20

Edited by Mondays Assignment: Die

Thank you.

I also found Grinstead and Snell's Introduction to Probability, which is free online. Introduction to Probability (Grinstead and Snell) is the same book. It apparently covers much more than discrete probability.

Edited by Mondays Assignment: Die

Thank you.

I also found Grinstead and Snell's Introduction to Probability, which is free online. Introduction to Probability (Grinstead and Snell) is the same book. It apparently covers much more than discrete probability.

I took a quick look. You will be able to get a pretty good introduction to the subject from chapters 1 and 3. You would need calculus for chapter 2, but chapter 3 doesn't need chapter 2.

Edited by mathematic