What TV series are you following ?

Royston

I've had quite a bit of spare time recently, plus the weather has been pretty awful the last couple of weeks, so I've been watching a few TV series, back to back (i.e not waiting a week for the next episode).

At the moment, I'm glued to Breaking Bad. I think Bryan Cranston is brilliant in this series, (he plays Nobel laureate Walter White). There's been some very original consequences, that he has directly and indirectly caused, due to his change in ummm lifestyle. I've just started season 4, where the first few episodes have been a little dissapointing, but I've been told it gets a lot more interesting.

I've also been watching Game of Thrones, which is ludicrously good in my opinion, and I'll be reading the books once my study finishes this year. Tyrion, played by Peter Dinklage is, hands down, my favourite character in the show.

I was wondering what TV series anyone has been following, and if there's anything in particular that makes it good / compulsive viewing.

EDIT: remember spoilers

Edited by Royston

I stream three shows when they are showing . . . House because the men are sexy--even the short guy ain't so bad, Walking Dead again because the men are sexy and zombies are cool--they killed the sexiest man on the show though, and Eureka which is airing again for a final season--the Canadian who plays Zane, Niall Matter, is just damn hot! In terms of content, the themes in all of them are probably the least important to the quality of the shows. They tend to keep me interested because of the relationships and the humour that each character brings to the show. Thematics are important I guess, because otherwise I would be watching soap operas and I don't readily identify with the environments presented by this category of show.

Edited by Xittenn

At the moment, I'm glued to Breaking Bad. I think Bryan Cranston is brilliant in this series, (he plays Nobel laureate Walter White). There's been some very original consequences, that he has directly and indirectly caused, due to his change in ummm lifestyle. I've just started season 4, where the first few episodes have been a little dissapointing, but I've been told it gets a lot more interesting.

I've also been watching Game of Thrones, which is ludicrously good in my opinion, and I'll be reading the books once my study finishes this year. Tyrion, played by Peter Dinklage is, hands down, my favourite character in the show.

Absolutely great shows, both. I haven't started season 4 of BB yet, can't wait. And I've read all the available Song of Ice and Fire books, and I have to say that Game of Thrones is, hands down, THE BEST screenplay from a book series, EVER. And yes, Tyrion is fabulous, Dinklage is superb at being Tyrion, and I will personally drive back down to Santa Fe and spank Martin if he takes as long as the last time to finish the next book (yes, George, that was me pawing through your trash five years ago, hoping for a little glimpse of you dancing with dragons).

Absolutely great shows, both. I haven't started season 4 of BB yet, can't wait. And I've read all the available Song of Ice and Fire books, and I have to say that Game of Thrones is, hands down, THE BEST screenplay from a book series, EVER. And yes, Tyrion is fabulous, Dinklage is superb at being Tyrion, and I will personally drive back down to Santa Fe and spank Martin if he takes as long as the last time to finish the next book (yes, George, that was me pawing through your trash five years ago, hoping for a little glimpse of you dancing with dragons).

The series has been great, though if Martin pulls a Robert Jordon, I may just go ape shit on him myself.

I've had quite a bit of spare time recently, plus the weather has been pretty awful the last couple of weeks, so I've been watching a few TV series, back to back (i.e not waiting a week for the next episode).

I was wondering what TV series anyone has been following, and if there's anything in particular that makes it good / compulsive viewing.

EDIT: remember spoilers

Hello:

My favorite TV shows this season are (1) Fringe and (2) Grimm. Both are Sci-fi stuff and Fringe deals with two groups of people in different universes so you have to pay attention to what's going on. The blond FBI agent wears her hair pulled back or a long wig depending on what world she's in. There is a scientist/know-it-all father to the love interest dude who was married to the blond FBI gal and most of the time the show is about fighting bad guys intent on screwing up things ?

The other TV program concerns two police Detectives in Portland,Org. where one is a "GRIMM" who can see the "Monsters" when he looks at a person because the

Grimm has this power. The detective played by (?) has a friend who once was an active monster but is now retired from crimes once done and helps the police clear up crimes done by monsters dudes or monster gals. BTW....the detective's Boss is connected to a crime organization and secretly works to fowl up things. I like the program although it is fairly predictable due to similar scripts.

Going back a ways, I was a big fan of "X-FILES" and most of the "STAR TREK" TV programs so I enjoy most good Sci-Fi shows. I always wanted the writer of X-Files to write another TV show but he is busy doing movie scrips or something.

Rondenvers92

Edited by RonDen92

I stream three shows when they are showing . . . House because the men are sexy--even the short guy ain't so bad, Walking Dead again because the men are sexy and zombies are cool--they killed the sexiest man on the show though, and Eureka which is airing again for a final season--the Canadian who plays Zane, Niall Matter, is just damn hot! In terms of content, the themes in all of them are probably the least important to the quality of the shows. They tend to keep me interested because of the relationships and the humour that each character brings to the show. Thematics are important I guess, because otherwise I would be watching soap operas and I don't readily identify with the environments presented by this category of show.

I have a bit of a thing for Carice Van Houten, who plays Melisandre in Game of Thrones...which has made the show even more enjoyable ;) . Can't say I've ever heard of her before watching this show.

I agree it's the characters that can really make a series, regardless of the theme (the casting on GoT is exceptional.)

The Walking Dead: best show on TV. It's the only one I care to watch! I like how "movie like" it is. The production quality is superb and the actors are great IMO.