Space Time Continuum

eric555

I recalled my childhood days favorite movie called ' armageddon'. Its very very funny, might be a bogus movie for some movie goers. But i like its quick story line and stupid cinematography.

The sci-fi concepts in that movie are lesser gravity on the asteroid surface. The moon jumping of neil armstrong. The space guys travel motion in zero gravity much further like as flying to some meter distance. Like as in a satellite motion, the falling object travels in a parabola like as if flying concept of ironman movie.

Another thing to note that passing through time frame in zero gravity does it occur to neglify time? Or the time itself acts to slow down as gravity tends to zero?

Another thing to note that passing through time frame in zero gravity does it occur to neglify time? Or the time itself acts to slow down as gravity tends to zero?

Time doesn't slow with less gravity, it speeds up. If you have a clock in space, it will count faster than a clock on Earth simply because there is higher gravity on the surface of Earth. A larger distortion in the fabric of space slows down local time more to an outside observer.

That means what you are trying to say is the time on earth with its gravity centric when far away into space has no relation. When moving through space in zero gravity the time moves faster but movement seems slower!!!

What if on earth which revolves round its axis and makes a revolution around the sun....there exists a time frame which is absolute zero. A person reaching at that position simply then observes the time movement going to and fro. But remains itself in a constant zero time state????

What if on earth which revolves round its axis and makes a revolution around the sun....there exists a time frame which is absolute zero. A person reaching at that position simply then observes the time movement going to and fro. But remains itself in a constant zero time state????

Time movement going to and fro? Zero time state? No, it doesn't work that way.

Clocks moving relative to you will run slow, and clocks deeper in gravitational potentials will run slow. There is no absolute frame of reference.

• 3 weeks later...

Lets realize a time continuum hypothesis- 'if i pressume a geographical location on earth lets say india to be concentric phase stop gap time interval where the time ceazed to exist! So the people residing in such a zone can physically feel the changes in time period, but the time in reality remains absolute.'

So then what if the present day happenings that we see on tv, news etc are infact generalized happening of a concentric single phase of time period interval lets suppose of year 2001. Then are the people are just puppets exacting happenings in the present day just as happened in year 2001???

Then are the humans living on earth are just concentric minds towards centric actions thoughts depicted in tv recordings? So wouldn't it be possible that spiritual persons could interchange the time continuum state as if interacting with media as if it was just a mind feasible dream!

Like the movies of 1955 and the movies of 2011 have similar brain collective reasoning converging to a say focal point viewer.

Other than creativity artwork, our human minds brain ability is not infinite. I think human minds have never evolved, like as if in a confined state!

Like lemurs living in a cage!

Edited by eric555

'neglify' in a sense that 'time' in zero gravity in space 'not taken into consideration' i.e. that lesser gravity state has no relation with time in space!

And i just referred to some references in wikipedia, its written their that time infacts slows down in space!!!

'neglify' in a sense that 'time' in zero gravity in space 'not taken into consideration' i.e. that lesser gravity state has no relation with time in space!

And i just referred to some references in wikipedia, its written their that time infacts slows down in space!!!

No, time "speeds up" in space. The closer you get to a gravitational source, the "slower" time passes.

Either I and the others aren't able to understand eric555 and he is not effectively communicating his ideas, or, he has the wrong ideas.

All I can add is to restate that time is relative, ie it is slower in a gravitational well or at relativistic speed compared to time far from a gravitational well or at low speed. BUT there is no absolute reference frame for time.

Edited by MigL

Either I and the others aren't able to understand eric555 and he is not effectively communicating his ideas, or, he has the wrong ideas.

All I can add is to restate that time is relative, ie it is slower in a gravitational well or at relativistic speed compared to time far from a gravitational well or at low speed. BUT there is no absolute reference frame for time.

bolded mine.

1. if time is relative, space must be relative too, since spacetime is a continuum.

2. "slower"? Does time have a speed?

I had read in my school days some theories about dead stars creating a fourth dimensional black hole affect. It creates a time surge that it sucks any matter nearing it into infinitesimal void state. Wouldn't then it be called absolute zero time referance?

In the famous sci-fi movie hellboy there is a mention of such an experiment of creating a void state of the fourth dimension, then relative to the observer would it seem time moving backwards or forward thru the void?

Like i had said earlier that pressuming indian region to be the stop gap time interval state, i think the world time is infact going in reverse!

Our sun and its stars if it were relative to the time reference to our earth's karmic world, then there would had been some crucial fourth dimensional changes in the solar system in year 2001 which created a time surge!

Edited by eric555

I recalled my childhood days favorite movie called ' armageddon'.

Yikes. It seems like yesterday that I saw that movie.

There is no such word as neglify. Please tell me what you mean when you use it.

Or the time itself acts to slow down as gravity tends to zero?

What do you mean by gravity tends to zero? There can be two meanings to it.

Potential function Phi(z) tends to zero

Gravitational field g(z) tends to zero

It's also possible to have Phi(z) --> 0 and g(z) remain constant. This is the case for a uniform gravitational field.

Note: In what follows I will assume the gravitational field is uniform. This will make the problem easier to explain.

Time doesn't slow with less gravity, it speeds up.

Suppose the observer is at z = h and the clock at z.

As z --> 0 Phi(0) also goes to zero since Phi = gz where g = gravitational acceleration = constant.

If the observer is at z = 0 and then h > z then the clock appears to slow down.

If you have a clock in space, it will count faster than a clock on Earth simply because there is higher gravity on the surface of Earth. A larger distortion in the fabric of space slows down local time more to an outside observer.

If the observer is at z > h the clock appears to slow down.

Time movement going to and fro? Zero time state? No, it doesn't work that way.

Clocks moving relative to you will run slow, and clocks deeper in gravitational potentials will run slow. There is no absolute frame of reference.

Darn it. I didn't see this post. You just explained what I did. Sorry swansont.

I had read in my school days some theories about dead stars creating a fourth dimensional black hole affect. It creates a time surge that it sucks any matter nearing it into infinitesimal void state. Wouldn't then it be called absolute zero time referance?

In the famous sci-fi movie hellboy there is a mention of such an experiment of creating a void state of the fourth dimension, then relative to the observer would it seem time moving backwards or forward thru the void?

Like i had said earlier that pressuming indian region to be the stop gap time interval state, i think the world time is infact going in reverse!

Our sun and its stars if it were relative to the time reference to our earth's karmic world, then there would had been some crucial fourth dimensional changes in the solar system in year 2001 which created a time surge!

Eric - a word of advice. Start taking the medication again. You are havering. If you actually think that concatenation of buzz words condenses into something with meaning, then you have more than one loose screw.

Eric - a word of advice. Start taking the medication again. You are havering. If you actually think that concatenation of buzz words condenses into something with meaning, then you have more than one loose screw.

Note: I'm not a moderator. But the moderator might chime in on this post since it's against forum rules. E.g.

http://www.scienceforums.net/topic/7813-science-forums-etiquette/

Don't Flame

Just because someone doesn't agree with you, doesn't mean you need to insult them. They may be ignorant, but try not to flame them out of the forum. If they're intentionally insulting people, don't reply--just use the Report Post function to let the moderators know about it. They can deal with insult wars and rule-breakers more efficiently than regular users.

Don't be Mean

If you don't agree with someone, don't attack them. Tell them politely why you think they're wrong, and give them evidence. Insulting people won't get you anywhere but suspended.

Just a friendly note of caution to help you avoid being slammed. :)

Good luck and best wishes,

Pete

How is this related to the topic of this thread? It's not useful to simply post something like this without stating how it's useful here. You can't simply assume that everybody has read and studied everyword of this thread. Just plopping it in as you did is quite irritating.

I think that as known earth revolves round its axis every 24 hours and makes a revolution around the sun orbiting every 365 days a year, infact earth remains stationary all the time and makes just some angle deviation making it seem night and day around the equator.

So there should be a stop gap time interval in indian region which tends to nullify time!

Edited by eric555

I think that as known earth revolves round its axis every 24 hours and makes a revolution around the sun orbiting every 365 days a year, infact earth remains stationary all the time and makes just some angle deviation making it seem night and day around the equator.

So there should be a stop gap time interval in indian region which tends to nullify time!

Are you willfully ignoring what everyone else is saying, or are you just too impatient to read the replies to your thread? Your posts make no sense.

Can it be possible to impart rotations to earth thereby gaining momentum and hence making a frenzy time spiral in the fourth dimension?

It could even make some planets of our solar system to dissappear!

So is the sun rise set is infact a melodrama 2-dimensional eye wonder, that everytime the sun passes us and returns again in its second dimension. And earth was said to be flat!

Edited by eric555

Can it be possible to impart rotations to earth thereby gaining momentum and hence making a frenzy time spiral in the fourth dimension?

It could even make some planets of our solar system to dissappear!

So is the sun rise set is infact a melodrama 2-dimensional eye wonder, that everytime the sun passes us and returns again in its second dimension. And earth was said to be flat!

First off - You are willfully ignoring queries directed at you which are posted to deetermined why you're highjacking and ruining your own thread.

You are violatingf forum rules by not staying on topic. I.e. from the forum rules thread

<LI>Stay on topic. Posts should be relevant to the discussion at hand. This means that you shouldn't use scientific threads to advertise your own personal theory, or post only to incite a hostile argument.

You have willfully and anoyingly going off topic.

Your new topic is also violating forum etiquette

http://www.scienceforums.net/topic/7813-science-forums-etiquette/

You have willfully ignoing others who are telling you that you're not making sense to them. Not being coherent is violating forum etiquette.

Be Coherent

When you reply, try to make as much sense as possible. Organize your post into paragraphs or sections as to make it easier to understand. If nobody knows what you're saying, they aren't going to learn anything from it, or try to reply to it.

If you are going to say "it" or "one" or "they" then make sure we know what you are talking about. "It" is not a very descriptive word and people may get confused as to what you are trying to say.

According to the forum rules those posts should be deleted and perhaps the thread could be locked. Please get back on topic or please don't post at all.

Oh please i am a ruminating alien, my id - 6954213,

I just filled up the ammonia gas in my space vehicle.

I ain't speed driving nor been on alcohol.

So you would not hand me a ticket won't you?

Buzz light year.......!!!

!

Moderator Note

eric55, you have failed to answer questions put to you, and have purposely taken your own thread off-topic, seemingly to avoid answering those questions.

Further, your posts are not coherent. Nobody is able to follow where you are leading, and you make no attempts to explain.

This is all against the rules you agreed to when you joined. This thread is closed. Please reread the rules before posting further.