Thermite

boris_73

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all i need now is iron oxide anybody know how to get it

Leave a nail or other iron object outside? :P

Check your car or something. Maybe you can scrape some off of it. I imagine that burning steel wool in an oxygen rich environment would wore as well (and a lot quicker).

the fuse is just a general fuse well an exotic fuse it can be used to ignite most things i only put it in the thermite section because it uses metals and is supposse to react like thermite

the easiest type to use and an almost gauranteed ignition are the sparklers as used on b-day cakes or fireworks parties, the hand held sort. they buy you quite a bit of time to get to a safe distance too :)

Talking of sparklers, I checked the United Nuclear FAQ and found some interesting info (I don't know if it's just been updated a few days ago). United Nuclear DOES ship to foreign countries, yet it's your own responsibility if your country confiscates the products, and no fuses, chemicals and other HAZARDOUS materials will in any case be shipped to foreign countries. But if you'd really, really want to, I'd guess you could buy some mortar shells, a geiger counter or something if you think it's worth it. :P

"We will, by customer request, fill international orders for other science supplies & equipment (no chemicals or dangerous materials), but these orders must be shipped by Federal Express which is very expensive. Your package will ship entirely at your own risk, and if Customs in your country confiscates it, it's all your loss."

(Taken from the FAQ of United Nuclear)

they actualy sell rolls of Visco fuse in Begium, about 6 quid for 50 metres last time I bought some.

as for sparklers they GIVE em away in most places when ya spend X amount (about a fiver) on firworks!

then 2 packs of 10 for every fiver over that!

I have 100`s here, and never bought a single pack! :)

or i could spend the money on sparklers instead of fireworks :D if i find a shop over the internet in belgium which sell visco fuse would they ship it over here do you know i mean 6 pound for 50 meters i'll be lighting the visco fuse just for the hell of it,