Immortal Humans - when is it happening?

Hy. I think that posibility is there, and will happen. Biologically speaking, a new "YOU" can be recreated by cloning every 25 or so years, so we would have always a young body, also, biology is taking giant steps, so the day when we will be able to stop the aging process by perpetuating what our bodies do when we are 18 years old is another posibility, so perhaps we will be able to maintain out youth bodies forever. Perhaps the biggest challenge will be to reinvent ourselves psicologically to avoid falling into boredom. Also, biomechanic devices will permit us maintain ourselves in existence while a new body is cloned(in case of accident /trauma and forced to "move" into a new body). The only reason I see to die or cease to exist would be death penalty after the commision of a crime, or blunt trauma/accident that did not allow for promt medical aid, death, once dead, I do not think anything can bring us back, you could clone a body, program a brain with the functions and way of living of some individual, but it would be a programed android, the real independent being will have died in the accident.

Jaime.

in my opinion u can try as hard a you can and invent anything u want but living as u are for infinity is impossible even if u managed to survive for 900000000000000000000000000 x 10 years u still wont even fraction infinity, because infinity has no number. It is like we are a horse and infinity is a carrot on a stick being dangled by the rider infront so no matter how fast you run to it u will never get it.

I agree with that statement, it will be imposible to live to infinity, only untill our technology and inteligence will last, could be a long time, or not that long, not "for ever", but I think that for a very long time is and will be attained. Infinity is too big a scale, too ambitious. But the posibility of our human legacy to be around for a long time is there.

Jaime

• 4 months later...
Guest cliff331

I think it would be awsome to be immortal, because you could see everything that will come and go in life and I know some would be painful but I think it would be worth it. If there is anyway it can happen in my life time I would volunteer for it without any question what so ever. I would love to find out more on being immortal. To me it a 100% thing to try to do.

• 3 weeks later...