UFOs : Real or Bunk ?

RonDen92

After years of reading books,magazines and watching videos on You Tube and all the TV shows on UFOs it seems there

is nothing to prove anything. The videos of UFOs seem real or are they faked ? The crash near Roswell,New Mexico -so

well researched by many..seemed real and all the sightings of space ships by airline pilots and astronauts .(One was the

ww2 pilot and later Astronaut GORDON COOPER,Jr. who claimed he saw a UFO land on a runway while it was filmed by a

movie camera crew. He looked at the film and it showed the UFO, then turned it over to his superiors and never heard

of it again !) There are lots of other stories of odd thing that Military men have told , 60 years later because they were all

ordered to keep quiet about their experiences.

Now I hear John Lear and Richard Hoagland tell some amazing stuff in video interviews and books that the NASA people

have a secret Space Force ,that there is mining on the far side of the Moon and we have sent men to Mars back in 1967.

Hoagland has written a few books on Mars and claims he can see all kinds of ancient constructions there. John Lear is a

multi-talented flyer and his Dad built the LEARJET many years ago.

Does most of this sound crazy to you ? On the radio program "COAST TO COAST AM" Hoagland said the reason for a

"SECRET SPACE FORCE" is to gain and keep the POWER so they will be stronger than all the rest of the world's space

research people.

What do you think about all this ?

Ron Denvers 92

Edited by RonDen92

Ron Denvers 92

Do you know how to keep a secret? just deliberately add creepy misinformation and other crap stories to it so that the people won't really get the real picture.

Edited by immortal

After years of reading books,magazines and watching videos on You Tube and all the TV shows on UFOs it seems there

is nothing to prove anything. The videos of UFOs seem real or are they faked ? The crash near Roswell,New Mexico -so

well researched by many..seemed real and all the sightings of space ships by airline pilots and astronauts .(One was the

ww2 pilot and later Astronaut GORDON COOPER,Jr. who claimed he saw a UFO land on a runway while it was filmed by a

movie camera crew. He looked at the film and it showed the UFO, then turned it over to his superiors and never heard

of it again !) There are lots of other stories of odd thing that Military men have told , 60 years later because they were all

Now I hear John Lear and Richard Hoagland tell some amazing stuff in video interviews and books that the NASA people

have a secret Space Force ,that there is mining on the far side of the Moon and we have sent men to Mars back in 1967.

Hoagland has written a few books on Mars and claims he can see all kinds of ancient constructions there. John Lear is a

Does most of this sound crazy to you ? On the radio program "COAST TO COAST AM" Hoagland said the reason for a

"SECRET SPACE FORCE" is to gain and keep the POWER so they will be stronger than all the rest of the world's space

research people.

Ron Denvers 92

It’s all too easy to look into the shadows and imagine monsters, only for them to disappear when you turn on the light...

These guys are, sometimes at least, difficult to just dismiss, but eye witnesses are sometimes wrong. Personally i do think there is something to UFO's, I'm not sure what, i think a real study of them should start within the human mind but actual nuts and bolts type alien space craft cannot be completely discounted. many of the objections to nuts and bolts alien space craft can be accounted for with out some sort of super science but the US Air Force for reasons of their own chose to ridicule instead of actually study UFOs. J. Allen Hynek was hired by the US Air Force to investigate UFO's but he eventually realized his job was to ridicule people instead study and eventually became a believer in the important of UFOs and the possibility they were not of this Earth.

Change of opinion

Hynek's opinions about UFOs began a slow and gradual shift. After examining hundreds of UFO reports over the decades (including some made by credible witnesses, including astronomers, pilots, police officers, and military personnel), Hynek concluded that some reports represented genuine empirical observations.

Another shift in Hynek's opinions came after conducting an informal poll of his astronomer colleagues in the early 1950s. Among those he queried was Dr. Clyde Tombaugh, who discovered the dwarf planet Pluto. Of 44 astronomers, five (over 11 percent) had seen aerial objects that they could not account for with established, mainstream science[citation needed]. Most of these astronomers had not widely shared their accounts for fear of ridicule or of damage to their reputations or careers (Tombaugh was an exception, having openly discussed his own UFO sightings[citation needed]). Hynek also noted that this 11% figure was, according to most polls, greater than those in the general public who claimed to have seen UFOs[citation needed]. Furthermore, the astronomers were presumably more knowledgeable about observing and evaluating the skies than the general public, so their observations were arguably more impressive. Hynek was also distressed by what he regarded as the dismissive or arrogant attitude of many mainstream scientists towards UFO reports and witnesses.

Early evidence of the shift in Hynek's opinions appeared in 1953, when Hynek wrote an article for the April 1953 issue of the Journal of the Optical Society of America titled "Unusual Aerial Phenomena," which contained what would become perhaps Hynek's best known statement:

"Ridicule is not part of the scientific method, and people should not be taught that it is. The steady flow of reports, often made in concert by reliable observers, raises questions of scientific obligation and responsibility. Is there ... any residue that is worthy of scientific attention? Or, if there isn't, does not an obligation exist to say so to the public—not in words of open ridicule but seriously, to keep faith with the trust the public places in science and scientists?" (Emphasis in original)[4]

The essay was very carefully worded: Hynek never states that UFOs are an extraordinary phenomenon. But it is clear that, whatever his own views, Hynek was increasingly distressed by what he saw as the superficial manner most scientists looked at UFOs.In 1953, Hynek was an associate member of the Robertson Panel, which concluded that there was nothing anomalous about UFOs, and that a public relations campaign should be undertaken to debunk the subject and reduce public interest. Hynek would later come to lament that the Robertson Panel had helped make UFOs a disreputable field of study.

When the UFO reports continued at a steady pace, Hynek devoted some time to studying the reports and determined that some were deeply puzzling, even after considerable study. He once said, "As a scientist I must be mindful of the past; all too often it has happened that matters of great value to science were overlooked because the new phenomenon did not fit the accepted scientific outlook of the time."[3]

In a 1985 interview, when asked what caused his change of opinion, Hynek responded, "Two things, really. One was the completely negative and unyielding attitude of the Air Force. They wouldn't give UFOs the chance of existing, even if they were flying up and down the street in broad daylight. Everything had to have an explanation. I began to resent that, even though I basically felt the same way, because I still thought they weren't going about it in the right way. You can't assume that everything is black no matter what. Secondly, the caliber of the witnesses began to trouble me. Quite a few instances were reported by military pilots, for example, and I knew them to be fairly well-trained, so this is when I first began to think that, well, maybe there was something to all this."

Regardless of his own private views, Hynek was, by and large, still echoing the post-Ruppelt line of Project Blue Book: There are no UFOs, and reports can largely be explained as misidentifications.[citation needed]

Turnaround

Hynek began occasionally disagreeing publicly with the conclusions of Blue Book. By the early 1960s—after about a decade and a half of study—Clark writes that "Hynek's apparent turnaround on the UFO question was an open secret."[4] Only after Blue Book was formally dissolved did Hynek speak more openly about his "turnaround."

By his own admission, the soft-spoken Hynek was cautious and conservative by nature. He speculated that his personality was a factor in the Air Force keeping him on as a consultant for over two decades.

Some other ufologists thought that Hynek was being disingenuous or even duplicitous in his turnaround. Physicist Dr. James E. McDonald, for example, wrote to Hynek in 1970, castigating him for what McDonald saw as his lapses, and suggesting that, when evaluated by later generations, retired Marine Corps Major Donald E. Keyhoe would be regarded as a more objective, honest, and scientific ufologist.[6]

It was during the late stages of Blue Book in the 1960s that Hynek began speaking openly about his disagreements and disappointments with the Air Force. Among the cases where he openly dissented with the Air Force were the highly publicized Portage County UFO chase (where several police officers chased a UFO for half an hour), and the encounter of Lonnie Zamora. A police officer, Zamora reported an encounter with a metallic, egg-shaped aircraft near Socorro, New Mexico.

In late March 1966, in Michigan, two days of mass UFO sightings were reported, and received significant publicity. After studying the reports, Hynek offered a provisional hypothesis for some of the sightings: a few of about 100 witnesses had mistaken swamp gas for something more spectacular. At the press conference where he made his announcement, Hynek repeatedly and strenuously made the qualification that swamp gas was a plausible explanation for only a portion of the Michigan UFO reports, and certainly not for UFO reports in general. But much to his chagrin, Hynek's qualifications were largely overlooked, and the words "swamp gas" were repeated ad infinitum in relation to UFO reports. The explanation was subject to national derision.

research people.

Ron Denvers 92

These people are charlatans of the worst kind and do nothing but impede any real scientific study of the phenomena

swampgas.jpg?w=254&h=300

Edited by Moontanman

These guys are, sometimes at least, difficult to just dismiss, but eye witnesses are sometimes wrong. Personally i do think there is something to UFO's, I'm not sure what, i think a real study of them should start within the human mind but actual nuts and bolts type alien space craft cannot be completely discounted. many of the objections to nuts and bolts alien space craft can be accounted for with out some sort of super science but the US Air Force for reasons of their own chose to ridicule instead of actually study UFOs. J. Allen Hynek was hired by the US Air Force to investigate UFO's but he eventually realized his job was to ridicule people instead study and eventually became a believer in the important of UFOs and the possibility they were not of this Earth.

These people are charlatans of the worst kind and do nothing but impede any real scientific study of the phenomena

swampgas.jpg?w=254&h=300

THANKS Moontanman,

I love your cartoon and the big reply. I figured there would be few comments but I was wrong. Yes, I agree that Lear and Hoagland are goofballs who say goofy things to get on the radio and to sell books. I have one of Hoagland's books filled with lots of photos supposed to show ancient cities, and domes,etc. but all I see are B&W out of focus lunar photos.

I do think the story of 6 or 7 ICBM rockets supposed to have been shut down as a red UFO hovered over the complex in Wyoming in 1968 is a good story if true and that one about the mysterious UFO that was seen moving in the Bentwaters- Woodbridge Air Base in England, that landed one night in Dec.1980 and scared all that saw it. IF true this was seen and touched by one of the Air Police sent in to investigate it. It was said to be cold to the touch and seemed made of dark glass with an angular shape and odd markings along the front edge. It flew off before anyone could take a picture of it. (Before everyone carried a smart phone ?)

I have the feeling I will never know if it's all BS or some of the UFOs were real. I'd love to see all the photos and radar records that they say is locked up somewhere in NORAD or the Pentagon or at Wright-Paterson Air Base.

Edited by RonDen92

Hi Ron.

The subject has been plaged with too much hoaxes, false reports, misinformation and garbage from the public to the point the rest of the general public is fed up with it and do not pay attention to the genuine facts that may have occurred.

In other words, the military got the cover-up they wanted by means and help of the misleading public along the years.

The transistor, the optic fiber, nitinol (Nickel-Titanium-Naval Ordnance Laboratory) are products developed from extraterrestrial technology.

Is there something specific do you want to know ?

Externet :

Sorry I took so long to answer,but I got your Email and I was checking on it most of the time. What I would most like to know is if the stories of UFO crashes at Roswell, and sightings at Bentwaters Air Base and others were real or not.

RonDen92

Externet :

Sorry I took so long to answer,but I got your Email and I was checking on it most of the time. What I would most like to know is if the stories of UFO crashes at Roswell, and sightings at Bentwaters Air Base and others were real or not.

RonDen92

Both of these have been so muddied by misinformation, attention seekers, and hoaxes I doubt either one can be objectively said to be real or not.

This is an interesting video.

Edited by Moontanman

Hi Ron.

The subject has been plaged with too much hoaxes, false reports, misinformation and garbage from the public to the point the rest of the general public is fed up with it and do not pay attention to the genuine facts that may have occurred.

In other words, the military got the cover-up they wanted by means and help of the misleading public along the years.

The transistor, the optic fiber, nitinol (Nickel-Titanium-Naval Ordnance Laboratory) are products developed from extraterrestrial technology.

Yes, I have a question. What evidence do you have that those products were developed from extraterrestrial technology?

I think I'd have to agree that the existence of extra terrestrial life is so surrounded with crackpottery, conspiracy, and hoax that realisically, is as lay people on the outside of secret government bases and facilities; will never know the truth. 

The best way to cover a secret is to surround it in BS. Then you don't need to cover it up, because no one believes it anyway. 

The probability of there being UFOs and aliens is pretty high, that's a lot of space out there and it would be just plain stupid and arrogant to assume we are the only intelligent life in it. Have they found us? Maybe, maybe not, I mean after all, we are just one tiny planet in amongst trillions of other galactic bodies, and that's just in our "local" area. 

One thing that baffles me is how every UFO still looks like the ones depicted in the 50s, and it's always in America.  We also live in the days of HD 200Htz filming technology, with RAW image processing on most decent high-street Digital Cameras and CamCorders, with image stabilisation and incredible zoom lenses, even a standard Tam 70-300mm is a pretty awesome lens and that's pretty basic. 

So why is whenever someone snaps a shot of a so-called UFO or films it; it's still blurred and fuzzy.... 

UFOs aren't bunk, what we see and are told is. 

I think I'd have to agree that the existence of extra terrestrial life is so surrounded with crackpottery, conspiracy, and hoax that realisically, is as lay people on the outside of secret government bases and facilities; will never know the truth. 

The best way to cover a secret is to surround it in BS. Then you don't need to cover it up, because no one believes it anyway. 

The probability of there being UFOs and aliens is pretty high, that's a lot of space out there and it would be just plain stupid and arrogant to assume we are the only intelligent life in it. Have they found us? Maybe, maybe not, I mean after all, we are just one tiny planet in amongst trillions of other galactic bodies, and that's just in our "local" area. 

One thing that baffles me is how every UFO still looks like the ones depicted in the 50s, and it's always in America.  We also live in the days of HD 200Htz filming technology, with RAW image processing on most decent high-street Digital Cameras and CamCorders, with image stabilisation and incredible zoom lenses, even a standard Tam 70-300mm is a pretty awesome lens and that's pretty basic. 

So why is whenever someone snaps a shot of a so-called UFO or films it; it's still blurred and fuzzy.... 

UFOs aren't bunk, what we see and are told is. 

I am pretty sure all UFOs are not seen in America, in fact some of the best or most compelling sightings have been in Europe, Russia, China, in fact UFO's are indeed a world wide phenomena... Also not all pictures or films are blurred and or fuzzy... And what appears to be structured craft can be seen in medieval paintings usually associated with religious themes... and some cave paintings can, without much difficulty, be shown to portray classic disc shaped UFOs in the background of the usual paintings of wild animals and people...

I would like to point out that this is weak as evidence goes but it is intriguing...

Both of these have been so muddied by misinformation, attention seekers, and hoaxes I doubt either one can be objectively said to be real or not.

This is an interesting video.

Thanks Moontanman ! The video is very interesting ! Thanks for posting it. I have seen and heard Freidman many times but have not seen this one yet. I have not watched it completely ,but will soon. Wonder if he speaks about the MALSTROM AFB UFO and the reported 8 Minutemen going offlne (NO go condition) in 1968 when a UFO was said to hover over the site ? Another good one was the BENTWATERS AFB in England where many air force Air Police saw a UFO land and one is said to have touched it.

RonDen92

Hi Ron.

EXTERNET:

Thanks for sending all the FILES ! Very interesting stuff ! (I know you said that your Email was not working but maybe you can see this some way)

RonDen92

post-70632-0-72871900-1334075145_thumb.jpg

post-70632-0-10279200-1334075166_thumb.jpg

post-70632-0-08473100-1334075201_thumb.jpg

post-70632-0-89609100-1334075219_thumb.jpg

post-70632-0-09334800-1334075246_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I think we'd all like to believe in UFOs.

I just wonder sometimes, in the credibility of some accounts.

I was fascinated by UFOs as a kid and a teenager, as I grew to understand more about the universe the more impossible it began to sound.

The more I looked up "sightings" the more I noticed trends like very localised sightings, or just one or two people. How no UFOs had visited big cities where thousands of people would have seen them, if I was an alien to another civilisation, I'd go in search of the centre of intelligence, I'd go for the cities, ans big settlements.

I have always thought it odd how medieval paintings often depicted UFOs, you would have to consider that given the deficit of science-fiction back then, would make the accounts credible.

Maybe I'm just a sceptic, I'd like to believe though, theres just too much against it.

• 2 weeks later...

UFO's are real. Its an acronym that stands for "Unidentified Flying Object" and includes anything that is seen flying or appearing to, but unidentified. Now if you pursue the rest of what the "real" question is in the same direct manner, you might just get a real answers. i.e. is there intelligent life other than man? Where again the answer is yes. I.E. Dolphins are not lacking intelligence, but the environment and their physical structure results in constraints in which their intelligence has to work within. This is no different than Humans with their environment and physical limitations. So man has legs, arms, fingers, etc and brain capacity that provides a different set of constraints, enabling man to advance/evolve his knowledge and understanding with the help of what he creates to observe beyond physical constraints.

Perhaps the "real" question intended is that of whether or not a species or more exist of such physical and mental constraints that exceeds mans current perceptions, knowledge and technology capacity. If so, then again the answer is Yes! A simply matter of statics in the scope of all of existence.

Of course the next question might be "is such a species or more, here?" But this is not the right question to ask. For there is enough evidence to skip this question for now.

The correct question to ask is: what reason(s) might there be that such information is being kept from the general population?

The answer is found in reviewing our own history, our evolution, perceptions, knowledge, technology, etc., and perhaps even projecting the path we see in doing this, outward into the future.

Is it possible in the future we come to understand physics such that traveling to distant galaxies is possible? Of course we'll only know this if and when we get there but we have history that suggest, yes!

Assume we do so and decide to create life on some planet, perhaps with an environment that is not so compatible with our physical constraints. What would be the reason we'd hide ourselves from life at certain evolutionary states, yet doing some things to help it along in its evolution?

There was a time when man thought he was the center of the universe, the earth flat, etc... gods to bow down to...??? But we all know being lazy, unchallenged, perhaps on top of the food chain being served, etc., does not promote advancement and can even be motive to suppress advancement.

Currently we are at a state of transition. Upon getting through this transition, we will be introduced to the civilization of the universe. We are not alone, but there is only one way to find this out, and saying it is going to happen, is wrong. It is happening, is the correct statement.

The current world wide protests are an indication and symptom of this transition. It is expected, calculated, understood, etc.. The common element or facet of all the protests is simply that people are tired of the liars and cheats commanding over them. And in some case it does appear that some in command positions are even trying to make it obvious but expecting the people to learn to see past such deceptions. Many do not yet see the big picture and instead focus on some smaller distraction in effort to blame, but such misdirection cannot bring answers, but only find another way that does not work, until they find the com link of communication (common link).

looking at our own history, in a different way, provides clarity of the past as well as of the now and future.

Julian Jaynes, regardless of any differing opinions of his work, he did explore the transition of our evolution from the subconscious living state of mind (as most all animals live in today and are far better in touch with nature) to that of consciousness or in other words, the creation and use of higher level abstractions. This was done to solve growing complexity problems in societies due population growth. the most common metaphorical story of this is the "tower of babel". And it happens around the world, each society in its own time. But this also lead to something else, discovered but simple error in communication, deception via misunderstanding and then the intentional wrongful use of the new abstraction tools.

Wallace Ward, a research scientist who left his position at I.E. DuPont to play poker and wrote "Poker: A Guaranteed Income for Life by Using the Advanced Concepts of Poker" under the pen name of Frank Wallace. And under the same pen name wrote NeoTech I-V (referring to the original set). And regardless of what controversy there may be over his works, notably later works and what has become of the publishing company or his family, there is one thing certain, between the book on poker and Neo-Tech I (first book of set and a small book that used card cheating as an analogy to explain techniques of cheating easy to apply and safe from proof, and in any field of endeavor) he did in fact research and verify such easy to apply and safe from proof techniques of deception. Where the verification can only be seen by being the one who applies the techniques and realizing the effectiveness of the techniques. The techniques are applied via the intentional misuse of the tools abstractions. Even the well defined meaning applied and understood of mathematics and numbering systems can be manipulated using such easy to apply and safe from proof deceptions of higher level abstraction.

For those who have actually read and absorbed what I have written so far, you have three point from which to triangulate from and with such you can figure out what I am about to write. Those three points being 1) world wide protest with a common factor 2) the evolutionary development and use of higher level abstractions. 3) intentional abstraction manipulation for easy to apply and safe from proof deception.... now repeat the three points until you understand.

What is it that we as a species need to learn that external influence (i.e. alien disclosure) would mess up and cause delay? A: how to see past abstract distortions, to understand abstractions are just tools and inherently have constraint causing limitations that can lose what is intended in communication via translation. Imagine a telepathic being trying to communicate with you where your translation is in error. For an example when was the last time you had verbal communication with an alien and realized there was misunderstanding? Hmmmm...... and you thought I was referring to Alien as in so called Extraterrestrial life? You don't need to have experienced telepathy to recognize the problem here.

As I said, its expected, understood, calculated.. .this transition. Now if you were such a species capable of interstellar travel and knew about humans, perhaps even participated in their creation and evolution, would you not want to be around when they make it through the transition so to welcome them, help them transition and verify what they have learned, etc.? And if your own species went through the evolution of abstraction development and misuse.... would you not know precisely how to use abstractions so that you do not leave proof evidence or have it hidden by the same species you want to keep it from?

Of course the next question might be: Why? Why would we create life elsewhere, perhaps on a distant planet and help it evolve to a point of also entering the civilization of the universe? Hint: different perceptions, abilities, environmental constraints.... Hint #2: what does all life have in common, inherently?

BTW: there is a physics to the creation and use of abstractions. The action constants of the physics of abstraction was communicated in a fictional set of movies known as The Matrix trilogy, And like easy to apply and safe from proof techniques of deception, you can verify these action constants for yourself by simply trying to avoid using even just one of them. These are boring second nature actions to you, but for a computer, it has to be told. But unlike a computer, you are far more likely to assume an intentional deception is instead true. You missed where it turned to be a deception, in the gears and bearings of abstraction creation and use.

You are a ship with nine commanders and a zero place holder when the three things you generally do (input, processing and output) is broken down into the more fundamental points of control in abstraction manipulation.

ZERO + NINE things we do in any and all things we do. (in the flavor of The Matrix characters)

The ZERO outside of the Nebuchadnezzar crew (where we define for sharing, the meaning of something) Oracle

Basic actors/action constants - Nine Commanders of the Nebuchadnezzar

Switch - You start or begin things and stop or end things. In doing so, you change what you interface with.

Apoc - You need to know where you are in doing something, keep track of things, especially if you need to set something aside, to do other things before you can go back to that something and continue.

Tank - You get things into a container to pass to other things (i.e. the use of variables).

Mouse - You select where you are getting something from and what to get when you get things.

Dozer - You select where you are moving/sending something to and what to send when you send things (as bringing out of unconscious sleep a dream recall).

Neo - You do things a step at a time, even when your doing more than one thing at a time, each you do a step at a time. And the things you do can be or include doing the nine the others.

Morpheus - You look up what things mean, and use the meanings to ... neo.

Trinity - You identify things before you decide what to do (neo) with them.

Cypher - When looking up meaning or identifying things (Morpheus or Trinity), you may only want a certain part of it. Cypher helps you narrow down your effort via applied constraints. I.E. When you look up a word in a dictionary, you limit your search to the section starting with the first letter of the Word.

Unlike the fictional movie, these action constants cannot be killed off, but it should be interesting to explore the sequence of when, in the fictional movies, each were killed off (last remaining of the original: The Oracle and Morpheus... What an interesting pair...

As a bonus: the Wachowskis wrote the Matrix, but it was not they who identified the physics of abstraction but clearly inspired by it as they were from other things in creating their works. They also wrote "V for Vendetta" --- the Guy Fawkes mask of Anonymous.... So consider just how deep teh deceptions go: a bottomless pit metaphorically speaking as the abstractions of distorted finite reality, are infinite and in believing in such distortions is like being in a pit look up and out, you can only see a part of reality.

More: The Subconscious (bicameral mind) is far better in tune with nature and reality than the conscious abstract mind and in this transition we are in the process of going through we are learning how to improve the communication between the subconscious, the conscious and the super-conscious. For more on this google Bruce Lipton (a biologist who shows a connection to ones beliefs) and Rob Williams of Psych-K (K as in Kinesthetic in the grouping that includes Visual and Auditory) who has a method of subconscious<->conscious communication.

So you wanna know if there are UFO's controlled by so called ETs? When you are ready to correctly understand......perhaps, to increase that possibility... the more who are ready....

One last question: Need some TP?