How does a person get expert status?

Cookies or cheese nips.

Essentially, if you make enough quality posts and staff notices you, someone will nominate you in the super top secret Res Experts forum. If staff can reach a consensus and the person in question agrees to supply food (read: cookies and cheese nips), then Cap'n bestows upon them the powers befitting their newly acquired title.

Cookies or cheese nips.

Essentially, if you make enough quality posts and staff notices you, someone will nominate you in the super top secret Res Experts forum. If staff can reach a consensus and the person in question agrees to supply food (read: cookies and cheese nips), then Cap'n bestows upon them the powers befitting their newly acquired title.

Would you like beer or wine with the cookies and cheese nips?

I can grow coral in a shot glass, does that qualify me as an expert?

But you would have to present it to all the powerful and dictator like people who are experts here and bow before them. laugh.gif

It seems to me that being a moderator or resident expert means that you don't do things like start threads (MississippiChem's chemical space thread noted and applauded.) So as a member I would wonder why anyone would even want to be a mod or an expert. I mean it is almost completely synonymous with answering homework questions and playing security guard. Swansont does a great job in his blog posts but honestly he could come down to the forum and taste the rainbow of fruit flavour from the lounge! Just sayin', no one ban me or nuffin' k . . . :)

I dunno getting rid of cheese nips in return for tequila seems like a win win to me

Blasphemy. If you ever saw the mod/expert rec room, you'd notice the orange walls. That ain't paint! Cheese Nip dust.

Blasphemy. If you ever saw the mod/expert rec room, you'd notice the orange walls. That ain't paint! Cheese Nip dust.

... so essentially you ran the place down after IMM stopped to clean up after you. Could have guessed so.

Edited by timo

Ummm i thought we weren't going to tell them about the radium in the cheese nips....

No need to worry. The conservatives gutted the FDA and stripped away all of the regulations on food products, so radium is actually the least troubling ingredient in them.