My hypothesis of the ultimate fate of Universe

R A J A

Royston my response was directed towards Tar's thought experiment about the black holes pulling on each other.

Right, but your statement needed more information.

It could easily be misinterpreted as black holes, stars or any other astronomical bodies don't merge. The system tar gave in his example were three black holes, that could only be gravitationally bound (pulling on each other). Depending on initial conditions, this could mean a merger of two black holes or all three.

This sentence, (or is it two sentences?) makes no sense. Did you mean to say "While I find RAJA's speculation lacking in a few logical consistencies, it may have some value as a "thought" experiment. As such it considers what causes the stretchin limit to be reached."

If we apply the same logic then there is no chemical reaction occuring today that might not occur differently tomorrow. Tomorrow objects may fall faster or slower. Supernovae may generate different proportions of elements than they do today, or they did four billion years ago. etc

We see a consistent pattern in the behaviour of galaxies that leads us to propose, in the absence of any contrary evidence, or theoretical foundation, that expansion is continuing and is accelerating. End of story.

End of story?

Ophiolite,

Few years ago somebody noticed something about the "behavior" of galaxies that suggested dark matter and dark energy make up most of the universe...and we never noticed that before, and we don't know why it has not affected our local calculations concerning gravity and motion around here now, nor do we know what it is, or how to find it, around here now.

Why does that not suggest to anybody the possibility that what ever it was twisting that galaxy about was some feature of an earlier universe, that does not currently apply to the Earth's neighborhood?

Depends upon what someone's definition of IS is.

Regards, TAR2

What would be the fate or the future of our universe? Will it expand to infinity? Or stop expanding or start to contract? My thoughts joining space time, expanding universe and black holes led me to think of a new idea about the future of the universe. Let me explain it.

Lets start with space time. Albert Einstein's theory explains to consider about a fabric like a trampoline as space time. And any body with mass would create a curve in this fabric which any other body near to it is attracted to it like a whirlpool. And black holes are the remnants of giant stars which is collapsed to a point because of excessive gravity. So a black hole in this space time would create not just a curve but a log tunnel like well!!! So now you've got what is space time and about b black hole in space time. Now lets talk about the reality. We know that the universe is expanding, so the space time of our universe should also be expanding. So we understood that space time is stretchable. Is it infinitely stretchable? There is my prediction. Space time is not infinitely expandable, because like the nature's limit which we can't go faster than the speed of light, there would be a limit for space time to expand. It would be after billions of years later that all galaxies would be swallowed by the block holes seen in the center of the galaxies and these black holes would join together to form a mega black hole. So at this time, both space and time would be stretched by the mega black hole (the black hole stretches the space time by the long well-like curves in the space time created by its excessive mass) and by expanding universe. When it stops to stretch further, the universe won't be able to expand further and would start to contract to the black hole. When it reaches the limit of contraction, the universe would be a point which would be infinitely hot and massive and would burst and start to expand which is called the big bang..........

So I conclude that when the space time or universe reaches the limit of stretching or the expansion, it would start to contract because of the deep curve created by the mega black hole and would come to a point called singularity, when it can't further contract, it explodes and starts to expand again. So there would be time before the big bang we know.................

[PLEASE THINK ON MY THEORY AND CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG AND I ALSO REQUEST YOU TO PROMOTE MY THEORY]

Why wouldn't the universe rip apart? And how would a black hole pull "on" the fabric of space as to cause it to contract? According to the physics of your theory, only the mass in the universe would be sucked in, which doesn't even make sense anyway because there can easily be beams of light traveling directly away from the black hole and thus the black hole's gravity would never be able to catch up to those light beams, and thus not all matter and energy of the universe would be inside the black hole anyway.

Edited by questionposter

question poster,

Hum...

If matter curves space and the curvature of space tells matter how to move...and the gravity can not catch up to the photons...where exactly are the photons headed? Toward what? And do the photons that leave a mass cause the mass to accelerate at all, in the other direction? Is there such thing as photon propulsion?

Would two equally "shining" galaxies have a tendency to push each other away?

Would putting more space between them, look the same as space expanding?

Regards, TAR2

question poster,

Hum...

If matter curves space and the curvature of space tells matter how to move...and the gravity can not catch up to the photons...where exactly are the photons headed? Toward what? And do the photons that leave a mass cause the mass to accelerate at all, in the other direction? Is there such thing as photon propulsion?

Would two equally "shining" galaxies have a tendency to push each other away?

Would putting more space between them, look the same as space expanding?

Regards, TAR2

There actually isn't much in physics that says the fabric of space itself accelerate travel faster than light, just matter and the propagation of forces, that's why scientists think just after the big bang that the universe expanded faster than light to get so big.

Edited by questionposter

Why wouldn't the universe rip apart? And how would a black hole pull "on" the fabric of space as to cause it to contract? According to the physics of your theory, only the mass in the universe would be sucked in, which doesn't even make sense anyway because there can easily be beams of light traveling directly away from the black hole and thus the black hole's gravity would never be able to catch up to those light beams, and thus not all matter and energy of the universe would be inside the black hole anyway.

The universe could rip apart, that is why this is just a hypothesis which is not experimented, there is only a chance to stop expanding and start contracting. And black holes are stretching the space-time. The more massive a black hole is it stretches space-time. I will tell you an experiment. If you take a trampoline which is 5 meter square, take some 50 kgs of weight and put it in the trampoline and if you measure it's area, it would increase. So the more weight you place in the trampoline, the more it is increased in area. Then like this, if the area of the space time is increased because of any mass or a black hole, then it is being stretched. And I agree with in the case of light which would not be in the mega black hole but as the universe which this light is containing itself is contracting, it would be soon sucked into the mega black hole.