anyone has experience to submit paper on current organic chemistry?

crimsonpetal

It totally depends on the reviewers and I would imagine on the publication. Reviewers are all likely professors (or their post-docs) who are very busy people, and GENERALLY will be given up to three months to review an article. They will always suggest edits or additions to the article, which means you will have to make their changes or address their criticisms if you disagree with their points (as sometimes the reviewer does not understand something very clearly and are criticizing based on not having fully grasped what you meant, which should make you think that maybe I need to make this area in the paper more clear). I would say overall a safe extimate for publication would be 3-9 months after original submission, and 9 months only if the paper needed majjor revisions.

Thanks, my boss recently received an email to invite him to write articles for COC, and my boss want to give the work to me, so.

It totally depends on the reviewers and I would imagine on the publication. Reviewers are all likely professors (or their post-docs) who are very busy people, and GENERALLY will be given up to three months to review an article. They will always suggest edits or additions to the article, which means you will have to make their changes or address their criticisms if you disagree with their points (as sometimes the reviewer does not understand something very clearly and are criticizing based on not having fully grasped what you meant, which should make you think that maybe I need to make this area in the paper more clear). I would say overall a safe extimate for publication would be 3-9 months after original submission, and 9 months only if the paper needed majjor revisions.

• 4 months later...

When receiving the reviewed paper, it's important to address the questions of the reviewers as informatively and humbly as possible. They're doing you a favor by reviewing your paper, and you'll get that paper published much more quickly if your provide them with sufficient information addressing every point of every question.

The time for review does vary. If you work for a big name professor, you'll get a quicker turnaround.

Edited by Dr. Lennox