Corrupted explorer

Hitman47

ok' date=' i wouldnt recommend it unless you are an advance user and not a gamer.

seriously, its not an at all good OS for gamers and its only the advance programable reasons (mainly) and that people use it.

as its open source (or whatever you personally call it) you can edit it yourself and get mods, this seems to be quite a popular reason for it.

as i've (said previously) it is (according to recent in depth reports) less than 1% of the world OSs, so obviously not that many programs and games and even (apparently) some harware is not compatable with it.

not having many uses or needs for the OS linux ive never really looked beyond their website about it! but that is what ive picked up from it.

its also safer as most viruses are meant for a windows OS, not saying your totaly safe, but safer.

also you may need to format your whole HDD. i know that you can re-instal a windows OS but i dont know if you can switch from windows to linux without doing the full format.[/quote']

Well, according to this distro it wipes out my windows automatically and sets it up for linux when i boot from CD.

I don't play games anymore, i just browse the internet and word document stuff :P

according to the specifications required for an easy install i do have them, i just need to set up my hp officejet series printer in cups.

Woah Linux rocks!

Every piece of hardware got detected. So here i am. Ya it is awesome. Well, I really didn't do it on my own, this guy helped me install all the software i need through the internet.

But anyways Linux doesn't crash on me or anything, runs smoothly!

:-D

Woah Linux rocks!

Every piece of hardware got detected. So here i am. Ya it is awesome. Well, I really didn't do it on my own, this guy helped me install all the software i need through the internet.

But anyways Linux doesn't crash on me or anything, runs smoothly!

:-D

Great that you've gotten the thing up & running ! You don't find the obstacle of getting going in Linux world high, getting to know your way around & getting things to work easily ?

• 2 weeks later...