Humans having sex with aliens?

TransformerRobot

This is something may have popped up in the mind of Star Wars fans who were captivated by the sight of scantily clad Twileks, and Ahsoka Tano's navel.

Sorry for coming off as a pervert or creep, but what would your stance be on humans having sex with non-human sentient aliens? No, I'm not talking about sleeping with a Xenomorph because on their world they're considered animals anyway.

I'm speaking of course of the possibility that whenever we run into a race of non-human sapients (like the Vulcans or Twileks), and somehow love or lust develops between us and them, what should we do if either party wants to have sex with the other? There are some social and moral factors involved I'm sure, but I would like to hear from other people on this matter first.

I think this would be less of an issue than if someone was suggesting human to non-humanoid relationships.

That's why I mentioned the Togruta and Twilek instead of Rankors and Scarlacs, because the latter are clearly non-humanoid.

I read on TV Tropes that a similar issues was in question during a Superman story, concerning Clark Kent's (a Kryptonian) relationship with Lois Lane (a Human).

As long as the participants have a mature understanding of what they are engaging in I don't see why this should ever be an issue. In fact I would be pretty upset if I met the love of my life and it was of extraterrestrial speciation and some other party demanded that I cease and desist.

As long as the participants have a mature understanding of what they are engaging in I don't see why this should ever be an issue. In fact I would be pretty upset if I met the love of my life and it was of extraterrestrial speciation and some other party demanded that I cease and desist.

Me too, especially if said alien happened to be even kinder and more loving than most human girls I've met (Which wouldn't be likely in my case).

It's a big part of my story I'm working (The main character is a human who falls in love with non-human sapient girl), and I wanted to make sure I didn't cause a moral uproar and/or be accused of promoting bestiality.

I have a story i wrote for a certain person that delves into that, a centauroid being, three sexes, two individuals, each individual is 2/3 one sex and 1/3 the other. each sex has either two penis's and one vagina or two vagina's and one penis.... Oh yeah fun fun fun til daddy takes the t-bird away....

I have a story i wrote for a certain person that delves into that, a centauroid being, three sexes, two individuals, each individual is 2/3 one sex and 1/3 the other. each sex has either two penis's and one vagina or two vagina's and one penis.... Oh yeah fun fun fun til daddy takes the t-bird away....

What's the t-bird?

Well let me give some examples then:

A human having sex with http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&global=1&q=Taur+girl#/d38a9pg

Or having sex with a http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&global=1&q=Anthro+spider+girl#/d47sx4e

Maybe even doing it with a http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&global=1&q=Sexy+Hindu+Kali#/d101jh4

Keep in mind that I picked the women with multiple limbs, because that might make it more fun for either participant.

Ethically speaking, there are several problems that must be resolved. I'll try to cover them in order of significance. You already assume the sentience of the xeno-mate, otherwise, that would be number one. I'm assuming you're asking about a non-platonic relationship without regard to emotional attachment.

1. Offspring/Genetic compatibility-- What about the children??! It should first be determined whether impregnation is possible. If so, the impact of heritage on the offspring should be thoughtfully considered, i.e. deformities, social disadvantages and psychological effects. If a child could be born (or hatched, possibly?) with significant enough misfortune, it could be asked that a commitment be made to use contraception and, in extreme cases, to abort upon conception. If conception is not possible, this is not an issue except possibly with religious fanatics.

2. Safety-- Safety 2nd!! ;) Is it safe for both parties? Aside from possible physical harm in the case of excessive passion, which could be considered forgivable, permanent disfigurement (from *ahem* size issues) and communication of disease are issues to consider. There's always the possibility that the pair (or set) in question will break up, and seek further relations with others. Disfigurement could limit one's choices significantly, and foreign diseases invading any population could be devastating. The risk of death, whether through illness, injury, outrage or as a reaction to spawning or pregnancy is a major consideration.

3. Social Upsets-- OMG, Traxlitashonda, did you hear Syjheôliqua is dating an EARTHLING?? No way! They can't even pronounce krggñkhoulrhêiakßa, let alone find it! LOL... What effect will the act or relationship have on the peoples of its participants? It cannot be assumed that the event will remain secret and undiscovered, because the effects will be felt regardless of how minor the risk. Questions to consider are: Will this spur significant violence or distrust between the peoples? If one or both parties are important influences amongst their kind, as is likely in a case of first sexual contact, how would knowledge of it affect their careers/roles/offices? Could it become enough of a trend to cause the species to merge into a 3rd new species of half-breeds (not necessarily a bad thing)?

4. ♥♥♥Love&Lust♂♂♂-- Is it really what you both desire, enough to overcome or justify any previously mentioned disadvantage? Impulsive sex can be a great thing, but impulses tend to be unconcerned with practicality. Serious consideration should be given to the #s 1, 2 and 3, then weighed thoughtfully against the parties' collective desire. Against #1, is it worth killing for (abortion)? Against #2, is it worth dying for? Against #3, is it worth causing a war?

If there is another life form within some distance that can be travelled- what is the probability they have sex in a similar way, or even at all? Also- the chances of them being humanoid would be highly unlikely if evolution occurs the way we think it does- unless we somehow have a common ancestor?!?

unless we somehow have a common ancestor?!?

That's another aspect I'm hoping for.

Then again, when you think about it, we all have a common ancestor, millions of years ago in the form of primitive microbes. It sounds more likely that we came from ONE single celled organism in the very beginning instead of 2. That's where mitosis comes in.

But in the "very begining" we don't think that we even had the simplest sub atomic particles (protons, neturons etc) and that it was mostly 'particles' like quarks.... Then take into account expansion speed versus cooling time (just starting to make elements let alone complex molecules)... I'm just saying that from a probability stand point a common ancestor is very unlikely unless other life is within a reasonable distance from us- even a microbe would struggle to survive the cosmic radiation outside the earths protective field and the resultant mutations would render the organism unrecognisable by comparison so evolutionary traits would be lost- this is not even addressing a source of sustainance for the organism. The more probable explaination would be if earth moved into the solar orbit after life existed- but that discounts all current evidence that has been the focus of our current theories.

But in the "very begining" we don't think that we even had the simplest sub atomic particles (protons, neturons etc) and that it was mostly 'particles' like quarks.... Then take into account expansion speed versus cooling time (just starting to make elements let alone complex molecules)... I'm just saying that from a probability stand point a common ancestor is very unlikely unless other life is within a reasonable distance from us- even a microbe would struggle to survive the cosmic radiation outside the earths protective field and the resultant mutations would render the organism unrecognisable by comparison so evolutionary traits would be lost- this is not even addressing a source of sustainance for the organism. The more probable explaination would be if earth moved into the solar orbit after life existed- but that discounts all current evidence that has been the focus of our current theories.

Okay, then what if both races were mammals?

• 1 month later...

I think it is an assumption to think that humanoid life exists anywhere else in the universe.

there is very little reason to expect that other lifeforms would ever form into anything remotely similar in physiology to ourselves let alone be anything near compatible. nor be capable of being attracted to one another. after all we all can agree that star trek was unrealistic on many levels. in fact by current definitions Vulcan and humans were the same species (assuming that Spock was capable of having children)

I think it is an assumption to think that humanoid life exists anywhere else in the universe.

there is very little reason to expect that other lifeforms would ever form into anything remotely similar in physiology to ourselves let alone be anything near compatible. nor be capable of being attracted to one another. after all we all can agree that star trek was unrealistic on many levels. in fact by current definitions Vulcan and humans were the same species (assuming that Spock was capable of having children)

It doesn't mean there can't be humanoid life outside our own world, just because most alien species out there will more likely have a drastically different physiology than us.

It doesn't mean there can't be humanoid life outside our own world, just because most alien species out there will more likely have a drastically different physiology than us.

it depends on what you view the odds of evolution producing human like life (as in bipedal mammal like etc)

and the odds of the other having the correct bio markers to make them be attracted to one another.

I doubt that a planet identical to earth undergoing the same conditions throughout its entire history (geologically speaking) would produce humanoid life.

life is almost certain in the universe

intelligent life is likely

humanoid life if it exists is far less likely and would by the odds be much farther apart from one another

intelligent life is likely

humanoid life if it exists is far less likely and would by the odds be much farther apart from one another

Well technology is improving over time, eventually we'll have space travel or something like it.

That, and maybe as part of a colonizing process for planets farther from Earth, we figure out a way to genetically alter people so that they're more physically adaptable to new worlds. They'd still count as aliens, wouldn't they?

Archaic reference to having too much fun to be allowed...

Here is the fun machine!

post-68560-0-36188300-1336508610_thumb.jpg

Edited by Joatmon

I have heard the argument that intelligence might be more likely to evolve in the form of a humanoid, much like the idea that a dolphin, an ichthyosaur, a shark, and a tuna are shaped the same way due to their environment. The idea is that our body shape is best for a tool using intelligence. I'm not sure if that can be supported in anyway but the main thing to remember is that even though all these animals have the same general body shape they are in fact quite different and even if an alien intelligence was humanoid it's doubtful our sex organs would be compatible even if they looked human enough to be sexually desirable... Humanoid could mean bigfoot, or something like this dinosaur...

david2_1.jpg

It seems unlikely that something that evolved on another planet would be sexually appealing to a human (then again some humans are sexually attracted to animals and even inanimate objects)

One thing is for sure, even if they looked exactly like us cross fertilization would be about as likely as us reproducing with a pine tree, actually the pine tree would be more closely related genetically...

Edited by Moontanman