Is it a good idea to pop pimples?

Mr Rayon

Are you a pimple popper?

Is it healthy to pop pimples?

Should you pop pimples if you see one with lots of pus or is it best to leave it?

What does everyone think and what are the latest scientific findings telling us to do?

Well with the OP popping pimples regularly can leave divots in your skin, and so can regularly having pimples which is why I made my statement.

No criticism - I had to use Eskamel when I was a teenager!

I've made this clear to you before and you keep doing it. I apologize to the forum but honestly few will care about how that affects me and anyway I analyze this to death and it ends with me leaving like I did the chat room. I'm glad that those of you who feel it necessary is so frickin' confident in their bigotry, while I'm left feeling like a piece of human trash.

Edited by Xittenn

the cause of pimples is lack of exfoliation.

wash and scrub the skin with hot water and use a good moisturizer.

oil is a natural moisturizer.

washing the oil away dries the skin and makes pimples worse.

the cause of pimples is lack of exfoliation.

oil is a natural moisturizer.

I'm doubting this advice for the following reason. When I was a teenager I suffered with acne. My doctor advised me to stop using palmolive soap because it was oily and prescribed eskamel which had a drying effect.

I edited it a bit

Water is, by it's nature a moisturiser,

which leaves us with

Wash and scrub the skin with hot water: washing the oil away dries the skin and makes pimples worse.

which strikes me as odd.

Acne, or pimples do not have just one overall cure. They are the skin's reaction to a number of things. Skin problems can result from hormonal changes, over productive sebaceous glands, fungal infections, etc... not just bacteria.

And ontop of that, everyone has different kinds of skin, living in different climates, different diets, daily activities- so it's hard to give good advice via intrawebs