Rephrase:Lets say u had to find out what planets out there had Air

but u could not go there

u have to send something to the planet

that would react forever to an atmosphere

and let u know that it has found one

with what and how would u do it?

By Olala ^.^)/

Edited by Lala

Could you please rephrase the question, and perhaps explain it a little better?

Thanks in advance.

I I captain (^.^)> Rephrase done

By Olala biggrin.gif

Edited by Lala

But I do not understand the question. That's why I ask if you can ask the question again, using different words.

[Edit: ignore this comment, Lala has rephrased the opening post, as requested (thanks Lala!)]

Edited by CaptainPanic

First I would need to know what the planet's goals are, what it wanted to achieve, and then I would work on a marketing platform that would convey those goals to an advertising audience. For instance, Mars is already known as the red planet, but that may sound angry (red-faced) or broke (in the red), so I would base the platform on red being sensuous and sexy, Valentine red, romantic red. I would make Mars the place for lovers. This brand would hopefully take some of the market away from Venus.

Sorry, this was my first impression when I read the thread title. Just a little joke, please don't be offended. :embarass:

Actually, when astronomers look at a planet, they can already tell if it has an atmosphere or not by the way the light from it's sun strikes it. Is this what you're looking for, Lala?

but u could not go there

Thanks for rephrasing!

If you can send a probe (=satellite), your could do certain types of analysis: the radiations from the planet (e.g. UV, normal light, infrared) tell a lot about the composition. It might even be possible to do that from earth!

Actually, I am thinking about how you could analyze (chemically) the atmosphere... but all I come up with is something like a micro GC, which is often used for pollutants - but not very well suited to analyze everything in an atmosphere.

To be able to chemically react the atmosphere of a planet, and turn it into something else, it should not be at equilibrium. For example: on earth, there are things that can react: plants and air --> fire --> CO2, H2O and heat. So, it is not at equilibrium.

If the atmosphere is at equilibrium with everything else on the planet, a reaction is gonna be really difficult. But if the planet does not have any planets yet, maybe we could bring plants there - they might change the atmosphere... and move their atmosphere away from equilibrium.

Thanks for rephrasing!

If you can send a probe (=satellite), your could do certain types of analysis: the radiations from the planet (e.g. UV, normal light, infrared) tell a lot about the composition. It might even be possible to do that from earth!

Actually, I am thinking about how you could analyze (chemically) the atmosphere... but all I come up with is something like a micro GC, which is often used for pollutants - but not very well suited to analyze everything in an atmosphere.

To be able to chemically react the atmosphere of a planet, and turn it into something else, it should not be at equilibrium. For example: on earth, there are things that can react: plants and air --> fire --> CO2, H2O and heat. So, it is not at equilibrium.

If the atmosphere is at equilibrium with everything else on the planet, a reaction is gonna be really difficult. But if the planet does not have any planets yet, maybe we could bring plants there - they might change the atmosphere... and move their atmosphere away from equilibrium.

take the red pill captain & lets play a game: you get 5 guess on what this is if u guess right i will give u a gift

out of all the planets we have looked at

our home world is the only one lite up

after 5 guess i will tell you

By Olala ^.^)/

Edited by Lala

lets play a game: you get 5 guess on what this is if u guess right i will give u a gift

out of all the planets we have looked at

our home world is the only one lite up

after 5 guess i will tell you

take the red pill Captain! think outside the box

By Olala ^.^)/

!

Moderator Note

Brain teasers go in the brain teaser forum. This is a discussion forum, so please use it to discuss things instead of playing silly games.

Do not respond to this.

Only if you don't count Jupiter and Saturn

http://en.wikipedia....rora_(astronomy)#On_other_planets

i went to that web page u have up there and this is what i got.

Did you mean: Aurora (astronomy)

Look for Aurora (astronomy on one of Wikipedia's

sister projects:28px-Wiktionary-logo-en.pngWiktionary (free dictionary)30px-Wikibooks-logo.svg.pngWikibooks (free textbooks)25px-Wikiquote-logo.svg.pngWikiquote (quotations)29px-Wikisource-logo.svg.pngWikisource (free library)30px-Wikiversity-logo.svg.pngWikiversity (free learning resources)22px-Commons-logo.svg.pngCommons (images and media)30px-Wikinews-logo.svg.pngWikinews (free news source)

Wikipedia does not have an article with this exact name. Please search for Aurora (astronomy in Wikipedia to check for alternative titles or spellings.

Other reasons this message may be displayed:

• If a page was recently created here, it may not yet be visible because of a delay in updating the database; wait a few minutes and try the purge function.
  • Titles on Wikipedia are case sensitive except for the first character; please check alternative capitalizations and consider adding a redirect here to the correct title.
  • If the page has been deleted, check the deletion log, and see Why was my page deleted?.

By Olala ^.^)/

you can close down this forum that's fine

i'll play in other forums lol

By Olala ^.^)/

Edited by Lala

• 4 weeks later...

prof it can be done?

paulding light watersmeet, MI

By olala ^.^)/

Edited by CaptainPanic
requested by Olala - I've turned this back to the text which you originally posted. Please do not copy random stuff from other websites, especially not if they use a different syntax for external links and fonts

prof it can be done?

paulding light watersmeet, MI

By olala ^.^)/

That does not make any sense to me. Could you explain what that means?

And yes, I looked up what Paulding Light (a light: some people think it's ghosts, but Michigan Tech students were able to recreate it with car headlights). Also, I looked up where Watersmeet is. But I really do not understand why it is relevant for this thread.

Please explain, and please remember our forum rules that your posts must be on topic.

Thanks.

That does not make any sense to me. Could you explain what that means?

And yes, I looked up what Paulding Light (a light: some people think it's ghosts, but Michigan Tech students were able to recreate it with car headlights). Also, I looked up where Watersmeet is. But I really do not understand why it is relevant for this thread.

Please explain, and please remember our forum rules that your posts must be on topic.

Thanks.

i was saying that

that could be proof

that it can be done

as in brand a planet

By Olala ^.^)/

Edited by CaptainPanic
Request by Olala - Please do not copy random stuff from other websites, especially not if they use a different syntax for external links and fonts

but u could not go there

I'd say "Screw the Prime Directive," and seed it with life.... A cluster bomb chock full of micro organisms known for being able to survive in all sorts of odd environments. Then I'd sit back and watch O2 levels.