proof for the skeptics

guitaoist

!

Moderator Note

guitaoist,

A few things.

a.) Text talk is both obnoxious and gives the impression that your words do not hold much academic merit. Start writing complete words and please, the apostrophe on your keyboard is lonely. Start making friends with him.

b.) You are preaching and giving off a very trollish odor. Respond to the questions raised in this thread with words; preferably words that contain some actual evidence. If you think you have already recorded a sufficient response to some of the points, give a small synopsis rather than, 'omg, how do u not know this?!' followed by yet another video.

This is not a place to advertise and soapbox your YouTube channel. This is a science forum and we expect you to hold to a certain standard in your posts (it's in our rules; you should read them).

Too long and didn't read? The short version is this: use proper English, stop preaching and start responding to the questions you are being asked or this thread will be closed.

This is the bit that annoys me the most: A sort of proof that you don't need proof to say something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=qoGVoJPIb2k#t=220s

If you go to a scienceforum claiming that you love your mother, we might ask you to show some evidence of that. And in answer, you will tell us that you have good conversations with your mom, and that you bought her a present for her birthday which showed affection. From that, you could say that this is evidence that you love your mother.

And because nobody on this forum has any clue about how you and your mother get along, this theory that you love your mother would be accepted. There is a theory, and some evidence to support it, and no evidence to refute it. Theory accepted until further notice. Good science.

However, you make claims about things that science has investigated for many years. And there is evidence for the mainstream claims. And you show no evidence at all (only an incoherent youtube rant). That's no good science.

Today's horoscope:

Taurus If you see another vacuous youtube video instead of a substantive response in regard to skepticism, you will close the thread.

BTW, I'm a Taurus.

What happens if this comes true?

Does that prove the OP right?

Today's horoscope:

Taurus If you see another vacuous youtube video instead of a substantive response in regard to skepticism, you will close the thread.

BTW, I'm a Taurus.

I'm a Taurus too, and my horoscope added, "... and remove every single one of the links to those videos."

If you're so confident why have you not won this yet?

http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/1m-challenge.html

One of the entry requirements is "The application should be typed, and filled out in comprehensible English."

Also, since he has to get off his head before he can do this and the rules exclude things that might be harmful, he isn't going to get far.

BTW,does this forum have a policy on publicising videos that promote taking psychoactive drugs?

did you know that newton HIMSELF was an astrologer. he believed

No! I'm convinced now! Newton believed in Astrology, that's enough for me!

While I'm at it, I will also reject General Relativity, because Newton didn't believe in that. Good bye, GPS, yee figment of my relativistic imagination, and welcome, oh gods of the stars, who move in elliptical orbits without interaction with one another, and are just shiny dots in the fabric of the atsmophere, regardless of their true distance between one another.

I am converted.

Now where's my bucket, I need to swim in water.

~mooey

I suspect it can be covered by rule 3. - It IS covered explicitly by rule 3.

Which video?

second vid in post 21 where he says something like

"I want to talk about the necessity of doing hallucinogens..."

Edited by John Cuthber

second vid in post 21 where he says something like

"I want to talk about the necessity of doing hallucinogens..."

dude i wasnt promoting drugs for every one. i was talking about how james randis rule for his challenge undermines the fact that shamanism involves using mind altering substances in order to connect with the spiritual side of the world but im lucky that im naturally psychic being a pisces

Edited by guitaoist

dude i wasnt promoting drugs for every one. i was talking about how james randis rule for his challenge undermines the fact that shamanism involves using mind altering substances in order to connect with the spiritual side of the world but im lucky that im naturally psychic being a pisces

Prove it and become rich, simple. At least present some evidence here you've been given a lot of chance to present something.

... im lucky that im naturally psychic being a pisces

Really? I know people who are not psychic (lots of them actually) and who are picses

Back up your claims dude.

All I see is poor grammar/spelling and an appeal to authority mixed with repetition

Its getting boring