proof for the skeptics

guitaoist

Astrology is not mainstream science, and you have not proved it yet.

When and if you do, and the scientific community accepts it as established science, ti can go back to the mainstream science forums.

Your videos didn't prove much. Do you want to cooperate and lay out your evidence in the post so people can actually comment on them?

In your first video, each sentence is more or less completely unrelated to the previous sentence. I have no idea what you are talking about, you change topics every 5 seconds. You didn't even give arguments, you just stated a bunch of random things.

Unfortunately, that 10% of serial killers in a single study had similar birthdays is not going to convince anybody that you have proven astrology.

Does it not occur to you that a journal set up for the purpose of proving astrology might be slightly biased in their review (assuming they have one) process?

Where does your 1519 number come from? Their numbers seem much much smaller than that, so small in fact to be statistically useless. They have also not addressed anything that would counter the old adage that correlation does not mean causation.

dude love ur energy, but what i referred 2 in the video comes from here: http://www.astrology...702_1/index.htm

1519 had pluto/capricorn, neptune/pisces, mars/leo, which will be the same in 2012.

Did you miss this part or just ignored it?

Caveat:

I am not claiming that the following paper is "proof" of astrology. It clearly is not. It is, however, a logical first step in the testing process. Hypothesis hunting (explained below) is a legitimate procedure for finding factors which may be tested further on new batches of data.

Coincidence isn’t evidence.

When he says "I offer proof for the skeptics of astrology" he's not quite right, however the fact that people like him believe it is some sort of evidence for the skeptics' point of view.

What he doesn't seem to have done at all is offer evidence supporting astrology.

I offer proof for the skeptics of astrology

You really can't "prove" anything in science. What you can offer is evidence that supports your idea. Scientific evidence needs to be testable, it needs to be repeatable, and it needs to be able to support further predictions you can make if your idea is sound.

This is what you're being asked to provide. So far, nothing you've offered can overcome the evidence that astrology is unsound and relies on generalizations and gullibility.

Because you're not giving evidence, you're ranting, and not very well.

Evidence is not just explanations. You need actual... EVIDENCE.

The mechanism for astrology is quite known to be bunk -- from the fact that the "forces produced by planets" are hardly even affecting anything here on earth, to the fact that it was shown to be over-generalized enough to fail blind testing.

Evidence is not ranty youtube videos. Do you have some REAL evidence?

Here, stuff for you to read, about real science:

Also, if we do YouTube videos, you should watch this:

And this:

Enjoy actual science.

u know

tarnas

book cosmos and psyche was awarded book of the year prize by the scientific and medical network in the uk. im posting my thoughts on skepic vs belief. the crop circle is reputable also man

Edited by guitaoist