" I`m the Alpha & Omega " Revelation 22:13

rajakrsna

Why don't you take the first letters from the two words? Why last?

Because the words Krish and Kris if spoken the quality of the sound vibration you hear is more or less the same. Or they are one. Whereas the last two letters NA & TO sounds different. This philosophy of ONENESS & DIFFERENCE in sanskrit ACINTYA BEDA ABEDA TATTVA authored by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu ( 1486-1534 ) reconciles the two philosophies ADVAITA ( monism ) & DVAITA ( dualism ).

Edited by rajakrsna

Because the words Krish and Kris if spoken the quality of the sound vibration you hear is more or less the same. Or they are one. Whereas the last two letters NA & TO sounds different. This philosophy of ONENESS & DIFFERENCE in sanskrit ACINTYA BEDA ABEDA TATTVA authored by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu ( 1486-1534 ) reconciles the two philosophies ADVAITA ( monism ) & DVAITA ( dualism ).

Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's original teachings have always proved devotion to be the ultimate path. And even those who debated about the shastras were not liked by him.

The Hindu for God is Krishna

Really? Because I was under the impression that there were thousands of gods in the Hindu tradition (the most common being the henotheistic Vishnava sect which worships Vishnu). And in the traditions where they're all aspects of the same god, it's usually either Vishnu or Brahman, iirc.

So, a god, yes. The sanskrit word for god, I don't think so.

edit: the actual Sanskrit for "god" is huta.

Edited by ydoaPs

Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's original teachings have always proved devotion to be the ultimate path. And even those who debated about the shastras were not liked by him.

Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was an incarnation of Krishna. He did not like criticism. He insisted that all should take Bhakti in the Kaliyuga, the age of quarrel & hypocrisy. Because this was the only way out to achieve liberation from the bondage of the material body. That we wont have to transmigrate again or take another body at death. If we chant hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare, as atomic souls we will all be like Him in someways. God the Supreme & we the lesser Supreme.

Irrespective of who taught what, the idea of merging other Gods and other religions and then merging it with modern science is simply a nutcase.

Are you always that way? I doubt if you will have many friends in the future. rolleyes.gif

Really? Because I was under the impression that there were thousands of gods in the Hindu tradition (the most common being the henotheistic Vishnava sect which worships Vishnu). And in the traditions where they're all aspects of the same god, it's usually either Vishnu or Brahman, iirc.

So, a god, yes. The sanskrit word for god, I don't think so.

edit: the actual Sanskrit for "god" is huta.

That`s why we have the sanskrit terms for soldiers ( Visnudhuta) of God & soldiers( Yamadhuta) of the king of hell. God has unlimited names. He`s Govinda-the primeval Lord. He is Narasimha-the half man half lion incarnation of God. He is Siva. He is Narada. He is Christ. He is Allah. He is Yahweh. He is Jehovah, so on & so forth.

Edited by rajakrsna

Are you always that way? I doubt if you will have many friends in the future. rolleyes.gif

Don't expect that I will change my mind and will be a part of your universal man made metaphysical religion worshiping dummy idol gods. I would rather study mystical traditions of the world and try to have revelations about them before believing in any of the Gods.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't expect that I will change my mind and will be a part of your universal man made metaphysical religion worshiping dummy idol gods. I would rather study mystical traditions of the world and try to have revelations about them before believing in any of the Gods.

What mystical traditions, for example, you want me to discuss and debate with?

What mystical traditions, for example, you want me to discuss and debate with?

I usually think of the Sanatana Dharma not as a religion proper, but as a whole family of faiths and traditions bound together by cultural links and, especially, by a common language. It is my understanding that there is no such a thing as a true basic Hinduist doctrine, but rather lineages of Gurus and disciples attempting to develop the best religious life they can, based on their own reflections and interpretations.

And thats the Rub, the culture which you are espousing is inherently selfish, all of the preachings are absolute twaddle. Go to India and see how the people are with each other, its all about the love of money and your own familiy, everything else is just for show.

I usually think of the Sanatana Dharma not as a religion proper, but as a whole family of faiths and traditions bound together by cultural links and, especially, by a common language. It is my understanding that there is no such a thing as a true basic Hinduist doctrine, but rather lineages of Gurus and disciples attempting to develop the best religious life they can, based on their own reflections and interpretations.

And thats the Rub, the culture which you are espousing is inherently selfish, all of the preachings are absolute twaddle. Go to India and see how the people are with each other, its all about the love of money and your own familiy, everything else is just for show.

This is true and this is how the things are here most of the times but the Aryan beliefs as espounded by the Sanathana Dharma is the end of selfish behavior and selfishness in a society if that Dharma is strictly followed by individuals in the society. Its just no one is interested in knowing the wisdom hidden in the scriptures and its difficult to take the path of righteousness.

The Aryan belief system can be understood through the words of Yajnavalkya.

Yajnavalkya well said, “We desire the wife, not for the sake of the wife but for the sake of the Self.”

Only if we mistake things for the Self which are not the true Self, we shall, as a result, mistake things for love which are not real love. If we mistake the food-husk for Self, we shall desire the wife for corporeal gratification; if we mistake the vital emotion-husk for Self we shall desire the wife for emotional gratification; if we mistake the mind husk for the self we shall desire the wife for aesthetic gratification

& the pleasurable sense of her presence, her voice, looks etc about the house; if we mistake the intellect husk for the self, we shall desire the wife for her qualities & virtues, her capacities & mental gifts, for the gratification of the understanding.

If we see the Self, in the bliss Sheath, where the element of error reaches the vanishing point, we shall then desire the wife for the

gratification of the true Self, the bliss of the sense of Union, of becoming One. And if we have seen & understood our true Self without husk or covering, we shall not desire her at all, because we shall possess her, we shall know that she is already our Self and therefore not to be desired in her sheaths, since She is already possessed.

It follows that the more inward the sheath with which we confuse the Self, the purer the pleasure, the more exalted the conception of Good, until in the real naked Self we rise beyond good & evil because we have no longer any need of good or any temptation to evil.

Emotional pleasure is higher than corporeal, aesthetic than emotional, intellectual than aesthetic, ethical than intellectual, spiritual than ethical. This is the whole truth and the whole philosophy of ethics; all else is practical arrangement and balancing of forces, economising of energies for the purposes of social stability or some other important but impermanent end.

So it basically says we already possess everything in us and we don't have to desire or long for anything, individuality no more exists here, if one is enjoying his wealth the others should never envy his wealth or him and it is to be thought that they themselves are enjoying the wealth since there is no individuality and since they possess everything that exists in this world in them.

So one should never desire for his wife because he already possesses her and it makes no difference to him between her presence and her absence, a behavior we call as Stitha Prajna or the right conduct of the Stoics, its just it is highly difficult to take this path of righteousness.

Overall Sanathana Dharma teaches the very opposite of being selfish and possessive and if you find that people are selfish and possessive then it means that Sanathana Dharma is not being followed by the members of the society and are acting as finite, powerless and limited slave beings.

This is true and this is how the things are here most of the times but the Aryan beliefs as espounded by the Sanathana Dharma is the end of selfish behavior and selfishness in a society if that Dharma is strictly followed by individuals in the society. Its just no one is interested in knowing the wisdom hidden in the scriptures and its difficult to take the path of righteousness.

The Aryan belief system can be understood through the words of Yajnavalkya.

So it basically says we already possess everything in us and we don't have to desire or long for anything, individuality no more exists here, if one is enjoying his wealth the others should never envy his wealth or him and it is to be thought that they themselves are enjoying the wealth since there is no individuality and since they possess everything that exists in this world in them.

So one should never desire for his wife because he already possesses her and it makes no difference to him between her presence and her absence, a behavior we call as Stitha Prajna or the right conduct of the Stoics, its just it is highly difficult to take this path of righteousness.

Overall Sanathana Dharma teaches the very opposite of being selfish and possessive and if you find that people are selfish and possessive then it means that Sanathana Dharma is not being followed by the members of the society and are acting as finite, powerless and limited slave beings.

I agree with what you posted here. But what does it got to do with this thread?

I agree with what you posted here. But what does it got to do with this thread?

That post was addressed to Sergeant Bilko since he had a misunderstanding that the Aryan culture is inherently selfish which is entirely incorrect. Its your thread and you have every right to give it a direction which you intend to give.

Back on Topic.

As I have said earlier your approach is highly controversial and baseless.

1. We don't know whether all the religions in the world are worshiping the same God or not.

2. Or whether the same God is appearing in different forms or not.

3. Or whether only one of the religion's God exist and other Gods are fake or not.

4. Or whether God exists or not.

5. Whether all gods exist simultaneously or not.

Therefore it is best to assume that all religions stands on their own and revelations is the only way to falsify a religion and their God and therefore all religious traditions stands on their own.

Its highly inappropriate and pointless to even discuss on how or who has the authority over the supernatural realm.

Finally religion has nothing to do with modern science. Neither Jesus nor Krishna knew anything about modern physics, the scriptures should be interpreted based on the time during at which it was revealed. It has nothing to do with the advancements in science and scriptures are not describing the natural world and hence the discoveries of modern science has nothing to do with the scriptures.

That post was addressed to Sergeant Bilko since he had a misunderstanding that the Aryan culture is inherently selfish which is entirely incorrect. Its your thread and you have every right to give it a direction which you intend to give.

I'm sorry I may have misrepresented what I intended to say, my point was that the Aryan religion preaches selflessness, as do most the strands of Hinduism/Buddhism/Jainism. But if you travel to India what you find is the complete reverse. The culture of the population does not match the preachings of these "gods." The only true gods that they follow are the God that is money, and the God that is the family, everything else can go to hell.

Of course I cannot post researched evidence of this, but it is based on a considerable amount of experience.

Of course, there is evidence other than my experience, the inherent corruption in that particular society, the vast wealth of the few and the abject poverty of the many, a space program and nuclear weapons where 50% of the population do not have running water.

My point here is that despite all of the "teachings and preachings" the vast majority of the followers including the Swamis and Gurus do not adhere to what they say and i strongly suspect that rajaksrna doesn't either.

I'm sorry I may have misrepresented what I intended to say, my point was that the Aryan religion preaches selflessness, as do most the strands of Hinduism/Buddhism/Jainism. But if you travel to India what you find is the complete reverse. The culture of the population does not match the preachings of these "gods." The only true gods that they follow are the God that is money, and the God that is the family, everything else can go to hell.

Of course I cannot post researched evidence of this, but it is based on a considerable amount of experience.

Of course, there is evidence other than my experience, the inherent corruption in that particular society, the vast wealth of the few and the abject poverty of the many, a space program and nuclear weapons where 50% of the population do not have running water.

My point here is that despite all of the "teachings and preachings" the vast majority of the followers including the Swamis and Gurus do not adhere to what they say and i strongly suspect that rajaksrna doesn't either.

Its mainly because most of the Aryan culture is lost and neither the western scholars nor modern Hindus were able to fully comprehend those ancient texts since it required profound revelations to fully understand them and hence it was interpreted as poetic rubbish and majority of the parents send their children to the western education and the western school of thought so I don't blame the people for that, our only hope is our local Indian scholars who had the practical knowledge along with wisdom to interpret those texts correctly, fortunately somehow I caught up with a book by an Indian scholar who had thoroughly investigated and understood the Aryan religion otherwise I wouldn't have been aware of our lost culture.

That book is not available in the English version yet but similar line of thought can be seen from other Indian scholars. Here is one.

Isha Upanishads

If anyone wants to know more about the Aryan religion this Upanishad would be nice place to start with.

This single Upanishad solves most of the major metaphysical, philosophical, theological and ethical problems and answers our big question why are we here?

Our true God is the Sun God not the God of money or family.

Aryan religion is completely based on a different kind of trans-personal psychology in which anthropomorphic Gods control your thoughts and reside in our bodies.

Aryans were masters of the world not mere spectators or slaves of an ever changing and a mutable world.

For Aryans there is a numinous objective world of God and if their religion was being strictly followed, by now, you should have seen people teleporting from one place to another in that country by mastering the objective world of God.

I agree that we are in darkness and need to see the light, I'm an optimist and I hope we recover our culture and things do change for the better.

I don't see how anyone in that time period could have known about nuclear decay, and "alpha and omega" are Greek letters, which also existed a long time ago. It's completely possible that the bible was altered throughout ages. In fact, it was definitely altered if you just look at "King Henry's Bible".

If you take that reference seriously, he was more likely talking about the heavens and constellations.

The age of the Earth is also approximately 4.5 billion years. Coincidence? Yeah, there's even more coincidental things that happen, like two neutron stars randomly colliding into each other? The universe could be infinitely large, and the closest star is 4 light years away, and in that 4 light years of distance, you could pack every star in the visible universe into a sphere that would fit between here and there, and yet two random little neutron balls in-comprehensibly small compared to the universe just happen to run into each other like that.

1+2=3, three has five letters, Jesus has five letters, the sum of 1+2 is Jesus.

Edited by questionposter