Help with science homework

Z(o3o)

Hello, my teacher gave us an assignment to ask someone with a science degree questions to put in a portfolio project that we are doing. I would greatly appreciate it if one..or a few...of you could answer the questions below. thanks in advance.

• 1. What motivated you to pursue a career in thefield of science?
  • 2. What advice do you have for people planning topursue a career in the field of science?
  • 3. Your favorite science related experience?
  • 4. Your favorite element?
  • 5. What do you think will be the next greatadvancement in science?
  • 6. Anything else you would like to add?

Hello, my teacher gave us an assignment to ask someone with a science degree questions to put in a portfolio project that we are doing. I would greatly appreciate it if one..or a few...of you could answer the questions below. thanks in advance.

• 2. What advice do you have for people planning topursue a career in the field of science?

Hi, I am currently completing my Undergraduate degree in BSc(Mathematics), but I'm glad to help.

1. My motivation was simple, I always was intrigued by the Mathematics.
  2. To pursue what they are most interested in the field of science, and to always keep an open mind.
  3. Using the techniques and methods of differential equations to develop a mathematical model, and it's qualitative analysis, for example Lokta-Volterra model.
  4. Hmmmm, don't have one. But if I had to choose it would K (potassium).
  5. I follow achievements in Mathematics, and thus, The Mathematician Andrew Wiles proved Fermat's Last Theorem; which was first conjectured by Pierre de Fermat in 1637.
  6. To always believe in your capabilities, and never take no for an answer.

Hope this helps :D

1. Interest

2. Follow your interests.

3. Too many to clearly pick one. Dicsovering new mathematical theorems, launching the Cassini probe, and conducting large-scale failure investigations rank high on the list (explosions can be fun).

4. Hydrogen

5. I have no idea. Science is WAY too big a subject for a sensible answer. My best guess is that it will be in the biological sciences, but that is outside of my expertise. I thought the relatively recent solution of the Poincare conjecture was a pretty big deal, as was Wiles solution of Fermat's Last Theorem and the solution of the Tanyama-Shimura conjecture. Maybe somebody will actually define what string theory is.

6. Asking good questions is the essence of science. Rejecting nonsensical answers is a close second.

1. My farther who is an engineer and my early love of science fiction.

2. Pursue what you are interested in. This is the best way to ensure that you will do well. Also read as much as you can and talk to people.

3. Getting my first paper published.

4. Carbon, it is the element of life.

5. Science is a big subject, so it is hard to say. I think a consistent theory quantum gravity, and that maybe in the form of string theory will bring great understanding of black holes and the origin of our Universe.