Roots Attraction to Water

Jade

Could you post this within the thread?

It would help the discussion and I don't like downloading files

I wanted to post this topic by itself. It was part of "Plant and Snowflake Growth" but received no comments.

I also updated the original Roots Attraction to Water to include Water Vapor. I also had to compress files to fit under the memory cap.

I am new to this and foolishly added too many files to Plant and Snowflake Growth.

I have other topics to post in the coming months and charged particles are the common thread.

Thanks for your interest!

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the PP summary if you don't want to view the entire document;

In 2010, I was doing electrical experiments with roots and noticed that roots were strongly attracted to water drops on the side of the test container (see slides 14-17). I felt that surface tension could be causing this attraction. The roots have a negative voltage (see slides 7-10)and the water drops have exposed hydrogen bonds (Slide 13). This electrostatic attraction would be increased if the earth’s electric field is polarizing and aligning the water molecules (Slides 18-21). In 2011, I constructed a test chamber (Slide 23) designed to better control the humidity necessary for roots to grow in open air.

The test chamber was intended to not have any liquid water present. I eventually had to add a humidifier on a timer to the test chamber because the chamber couldn’t contain the additional vapor pressure (calculated to be up to 0.5 psi). The glass door seals leaked to much. The test chamber is surrounded by warm circulating air to prevent condensation (liquid water) on the inner chamber walls. Roots displaying Geotropism are shown on slide 24.

Slides 25-29 show roots being attracted to the vapor cloud created when the humidity drops evaporate into separate water molecules. This is important, because if my electrostatic theory of negatively charged roots being attracted to a water drops exposed hydrogen bonds is correct, then the roots electrostatic attraction to the hydrogen bonds of individual water molecules is correct.

However for the root to be drawn to the vapor cloud, the individual molecules in the vapor cloud need to be polarized and bonded together (see slides 18,19). If the individual molecules are not polarized and are not bonded together, the molecules will be effortlessly drawn to the root, but the root will not be pulled towards them. I also believe very small unknown reflective positively charged particles with mass are reflected by the vapor cloud and are flowing into and attracting the negatively charged root (Slide 21, 28, 29). The particles are then Total Internally Reflected throughout the plant and give plant branches the appearance of 3D solid electric Field Lines of Force (See “Lichtenburg Figure or Electric Tree”)

. Another possibility for the roots attraction to both liquid and vapor water is that there is an internal mechanism within the root which senses water and then strongly overrides the mechanical system thought to cause geotropism in the root (statocyte cells) and mechanically tilts the root causing the root to “bump” into the water.