Why Does Our Government Allow Us To Buy Poison?

slickinfinit

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no way we can eradicate this smoking problem. Apparently, it has caused so much wooha when we tried to ban smoking. If we ban smoking, think about how the industrialist's butts would burn or how it might seriously afftect the economy.

Banning smoking, would affect tourism, investments, the food and beverages industry and so many more. No one would be stupid enough to do that. In the meantime, the governments are just letting the smoking disease run. It would be too risky to stop it. The population of smokers are just growing, to stop them, is almost impossible, given how hard it is the kick the habit.

Campaigns against smoking is just to please the moralists and those who are against it. Governments don't dare to carry out an all-out strike to curb smoking as it would be too dangerous and risky. Raising the prices of ciagerettes are not going to help either, because i believe many smoker would pay more if it could sastify their addiction. It is not as if raising prices would make them reconsider buying ciagerettes. For goodness, they are ADDICTED. So, this issue is really sticky.

if i'm not wrong. the prices are raised as there is high taxation from the government, on the manufacturers of cigarettes. To reduce the loss of these taxtion, the manufacturer increases the prices, to place the burden on the consumers.

Or, i think the government taxes the people who sells these cigareettes. So, the suppliers increased the price to cover up the taxation.

Not really sure though.

Apparently the $ goes to the government. But, you never know what goes under the table. It may just be an excuse to suck the consumers dry.

I think this is a very controversial issue cause it deals with rights and freedom to harm yourself but in a slow and steady pace soon smoking will be a thing of the past like abspestos and lead paint. Having many friends and family who smoke I only hope they quit not cause I want to be right cause I dont want them to die needlessly to make phillip+morris more rich. I agree with what mostly all of u said cause it is a matter of opinion and freedom does have some prices to pay and I guess we are trying? who wants to smoke?

I think this is a very controversial issue cause it deals with rights and freedom to harm yourself but in a slow and steady pace soon smoking will be a thing of the past like abspestos and lead paint. Having many friends and family who smoke I only hope they quit not cause I want to be right cause I dont want them to die needlessly to make phillip+morris more rich. I agree with what mostly all of u said cause it is a matter of opinion and freedom does have some prices to pay and I guess we are trying? who wants to smoke?

I dont smoke. I smoked once when I was 16 and got sick and threw up, yuck. But I will not take the right away for others to smoke. And I'm allergeic to cigarette smoke, I just avoid smoky bars. That is their right, who am I to say they can't do it? If I dont like it I can go to some other place where there is no smoking...

I dont smoke. I smoked once when I was 16 and got sick and threw up, yuck. But I will not take the right away for others to smoke. And I'm allergeic to cigarette smoke, I just avoid smoky bars. That is their right, who am I to say they can't do it? If I dont like it I can go to some other place where there is no smoking...

Did you know phillip morris owns Kraft foods? When you buy Mac and Cheese you are profiting the tobacco co.'s!

Did you know phillip morris owns Kraft foods? When you buy Mac and Cheese you are profiting the tobacco co.'s!

Disease or a pleasure?

Hasn't it occured that disease is pleasure .

Sex maybe pleasure ,

Food maybe pleasure ,

Money maybe pleasure ,

but for all of these pleasures there is an end result ,

what we sell and then in turn we buy attracts our pleasure senses ,

the film "Super Size Me" about a documentry which the reveals effects on someone after eating macdonalds for 30 days ,shows in the end the results aren't desirable ,the purpose of this documentary was to show the reality of what things we may think is good for us is in the end the result of a 'dis-ease' we wern't aware of which is causing us either mental or physiological suffering . .

Drugs , smoking and alcohol lead to mental and physical detrimentation of health ,mentally and physically , it is obvious but some people forget what there doing at the present and don't remember why they didn't quit when in the end when consequence has got to the better of them .

I use to smoke / weed and drink , I know what it is like and I don't like what I saw myself doing , all those memories are gone of how I felt and thought when doing those things , now my mind & health is a lot clearer & cleaner without them and seriously you become a better person getting out there and doing things like getting fit & active in life , as there is a degree of satisifaction and self -appreciation to what you have conquered when I watch others sit and smoke ,doing the things in the end will make them miserable people . . while you are happy and healthy ..

If others don't like me for what I write now , then how can others dislike to what they do to themselves now .

Disease or a pleasure?

Hasn't it occured that disease is pleasure .

Sex maybe pleasure ,

Food maybe pleasure ,

Money maybe pleasure ,

but for all of these pleasures there is an end result ,

what we sell and then in turn we buy attracts our pleasure senses ,

the film "Super Size Me" about a documentry which the reveals effects on someone after eating macdonalds for 30 days ,shows in the end the results aren't desirable ,the purpose of this documentary was to show the reality of what things we may think is good for us is in the end the result of a 'dis-ease' we wern't aware of which is causing us either mental or physiological suffering . .

Drugs , smoking and alcohol lead to mental and physical detrimentation of health ,mentally and physically , it is obvious but some people forget what there doing at the present and don't remember why they didn't quit when in the end when consequence has got to the better of them .

I use to smoke / weed and drink , I know what it is like and I don't like what I saw myself doing , all those memories are gone of how I felt and thought when doing those things , now my mind & health is a lot clearer & cleaner without them and seriously you become a better person getting out there and doing things like getting fit & active in life , as there is a degree of satisifaction and self -appreciation to what you have conquered when I watch others sit and smoke ,doing the things in the end will make them miserable people . . while you are happy and healthy ..

If others don't like me for what I write now , then how can others dislike to what they do to themselves now .

I think you can smoke all you want. But just don't smoke when there is a crowd, or smoke into somebody's face or most irritatingly when someone is talking or eating. It is outright rude.

Fine, they have the right to smoke. But, they do not have the right to cause harm to other people (passive smoking.) Besides, they are polluting the environment that everyone is living in. Isn't exactly fair, is it?

I think you can smoke all you want. But just don't smoke when there is a crowd, or smoke into somebody's face or most irritatingly when someone is talking or eating. It is outright rude.

Fine, they have the right to smoke. But, they do not have the right to cause harm to other people (passive smoking.) Besides, they are polluting the environment that everyone is living in. Isn't exactly fair, is it?

if people have the right to smoke than large groups of people can get together and drink bleach if they want to or why is marijuana ilegal and tobaco (nicotine) not nicotine can kill u in a high dose very easily but thc can not ? if the governtment grew hemp for meaningless junk mail instead of clear-cutting my country's boreal forest but I know for a fact is boils to corruption and lies for reasons unkown why we still do things the dumb way

if people have the right to smoke than large groups of people can get together and drink bleach if they want to or why is marijuana ilegal and tobaco (nicotine) not nicotine can kill u in a high dose very easily but thc can not ? if the governtment grew hemp for meaningless junk mail instead of clear-cutting my country's boreal forest but I know for a fact is boils to corruption and lies for reasons unkown why we still do things the dumb way

Politics...

Politics...