Theory - Gravity

Guest Siientx

Guest Siientx

My theory is simple. Gravity is a layer that does not cover everything. Gravity is not around us at all. It is a thin layer that is placed between the border of the sky/clouds and space. When you are underneath the layer gravity is pushing on you, causing anything to go up to be pushed back down. Now when you are above the what i call 'Gravitonic Line' you are being pulled downward.

PULL

PUSH

Comments? :confused:

That is increadibly niaive. This line also is irrelivant because the pull and the push are essentailly the same.

I dont think trying to redesign general relativity around some form of earth blanket is a valuble use of your time.

Siientx, this could have been a useful contribution to gravitational theory at the time of the early Greeks. Today, I have to go with SubJunk and applaud you for thinking out side the box, and to echo his thoughts, that before you think outside the box it is best to know the exact dimensions, temperature, orientation, velocity, composition and history of the box!

Siientx, this could have been a useful contribution to gravitational theory at the time of the early Greeks. Today, I have to go with SubJunk and applaud you for thinking out side the box, and to echo his thoughts, that before you think outside the box it is best to know the exact dimensions, temperature, orientation, velocity, composition and history of the box!

• 6 months later...

Not only do I think your theory is out to lunch, but it's not even internally consistent. How does gravity push on you if it is a thin layer above the atmosphere? That's just like saying my ceiling is keeping me on the ground by pushing on me even though it's not touching me. Same with being above the "gravitonic line" - how could it be pulling on you even if you were just an inch above it? If there's some kind of mysterious force emanating from it that does the pulling/pushing, how do you explain that? We've already got that without a gravitational-blanket, and it's what we call "gravity".

You know, thinking in ways that are 'tangental' is the key to finding out new information. Look at Einstein, he was mocked for his thoughts, yet look at them now. But I do have to say, the theory you made is kind of a bit too outside the box. To think of gravity as something in the Earths atmosphere is like saying nowadays that the Earth is the center of the solar system! You should pursue ideas that have some kind of backbone behind them. To say that gravity is something that works the Earths atmosphere does nothing to explain the rest of the universe.