divagation freedoms

Divagating the Future

Are the people living in the land of the free aware that they are not as free as they were but 15 years ago? From the network news I hear that approximately 7 new laws and regulations are piled upon Americans each week. I learned the nature of purpose of these laws. Yeah, I'm just a wee bit young but smarter than my years attest. It's to the point the news program went on that just about every single American likely breaks some sort of law each day without even knowing it. Yep. They could even face jail time for it; for perhaps something they had no idea about.

Oh, which makes me need tell,lest Oshie breaks some obscure law of some sort. I may be looking like I'm smoking; I never inhale though. Oh, I best really confute that I am smoking at all. In fact I am some kind of photo-shopped image. But, I was really looking forward to when I become a big girl of oh..maybe 6-7-8 and open a lemonade stand. You know? The days when the old people are coming home from work and really thirsty. A kid could ring up some serious money selling ice-cold lemonade to them.

And, the overhead was low, an getting up shop required nothing but a table and a chair. Now, things are way different. To set up a stand in front of your home could get a kid in some pretty nasty trouble. Well, her parents could. yeah, to set up a stand I would need take a 15 hour course of food safety and fill out whole bunches of really hard forms that even the newsman who reported upon he story gave up on trying to do. And he was smart; I guess he was. He was a newsman. And that is only a tiny part of what's going on in America.

See, that;s why I am on your screen looking like I am smoking and being concerned.

Concerned? Oh, I am! Me and my generation are going to have to pay up all the money the government is passing on to us. 13 trillion and counting. And I won't be even able to help pay for it by selling lemonade. Yeah, there are so many of these regulations and laws that I think freedom is going to go away like them big lizards that used to of lived..oh, wow. Tho giant lizards lived like maybe ahh 250 million years ago. That ain't even close to the really big number we kids gonna have to pay.

Well let me show you some things about what I mean and then I have to take a nap. Oh, don't worry, I know smoking in bed in not good. I told you I am a smart little one. Smart enough or just lucky I even am around. I didn't know it when I was inside my mom's tummy and just maybe 4 months in there but there is a law that could of had me yanked out of her tummy. Yep, its called abortion. Sure glad my mom didn't do that..You bet. I don't know if I would be happy if my mom really didn't want me. Well, iI don't know; I'm too young to make any decision about that. It would maybe be better to not be around if mom or dad, or someone didn't love me. So many laws! Well, later. Take a look at the stuff. It scares me.

Rough justice in America

Too many laws, too many prisoners

Never in the civilised world have so many been locked up for so little

Jul 22nd 2010 | Spring, Texas | from the print edition

201030FBP000.jpgTHREE pickup trucks pulled up outside George Norris’s home in Spring, Texas. Six armed police in flak jackets jumped out. Thinking they must have come to the wrong place, Mr Norris opened his front door, and was startled to be shoved against a wall and frisked for weapons. He was forced into a chair for four hours while officers ransacked his house. They pulled out drawers, rifled through papers, dumped things on the floor and eventually loaded 37 boxes of Mr Norris’s possessions onto their pickups. They refused to tell him what he had done wrong. “It wasn't fun, I can tell you that,” he recalls.

Mr Norris was 65 years old at the time, and a collector of orchids. He eventually discovered that he was suspected of smuggling the flowers into America, an offence under the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species. This came as a shock. He did indeed import flowers and sell them to other orchid-lovers. And it was true that his suppliers in Latin America were sometimes sloppy about their paperwork. In a shipment of many similar-looking plants, it was rare for each permit to match each orchid precisely.

In March 2004, five months after the raid, Mr Norris was indicted, handcuffed and thrown into a cell with a suspected murderer and two suspected drug-dealers. When told why he was there, “they thought it hilarious.” One asked: “What do you do with these things? Smoke ’em?”

(copyright deletia)

Somethings wrong with this picture. What I see is that its the "weak" are the ones that suffer. Those who use them defend themselvs by claiming they are just doing their job. But I see through that smoke sreen. All these entitlements,these extentions of unemployment, LBJ's "Great Society..Well, over 50 years and lots and lots of money. {not sure how much, but I fathom its a trillion ..o maybe trillions.} And, what are the results? Easy qustion to answer just visit my town of birth, Newark, New Jersey. There was this man. His name wa Jean-JaquesRousseauwho warned of social control. Social control he says makes a person dependent upon things. Like today so many people are more and more dependent upon the Government. And it's not hard to deduce that dependence upon like the Government is NOT independence. People like that become fashioned in the way the Government wants them to be. That is essentially surrendering your freedom to surive, And,look around, it's happening. America is becoming a country or under extortion. The blacks get paid not to riot, the Egyptins get billions to not close the Suez Canal,North Korea, gets billions to not nuke America,Packisthan gets billions to not sell nukes to terrorist states,,it is taking away the identy as Americans, Losing ones identy also takes feedom with it. People who surrender freedom for substance never become self-relient; therefore they disclaim resposibilty for results. When this happens only one thing can then follow→Human intervention beomes minimalized and made totally dependent upon the "hand that feeds them" I think that Americans need a "jolt: up their butts. Because i is happening riht now. I have that verified every time I hear the shout, " A vote for Obama sure bats working." That should be a siren to all Americans because it doesn't take for much cerebral activity to realize that by refusing to recognize this encourages more of the misuse of the controllers {government} and will in the end.."Sure as there are little green apples" block progress towards an effective system of the people running the government instead of being a Pavlaov's dog→ Waithin for the buzzer to ring..

Hot Damn..Friday..Welfare cheque day!

♫ "Look what' happin in the streets..gotta revolution gotta revolution."♪ ja

"The pen is mighteir than the Sword."→ But the pen MUST be in the PEOPLES' hand..not the ones hired to serve the people."

Where are you?

Now, right now is the time..

Come and join purposes and stop this contagion.

I do believe there til are plenty of the..

"Volenteers of America." ja

Edited by swansont
copyright, add link

Ushie,

If you are going to copy material from elsewhere, you need to include references (a simple link will suffice). Preferably, just link the article(s) you took all this from (here is the link to the major part of it) and give your opinion rather than soap boxing. It makes it considerably easier to read.

Do you have a point or opinion on what you've copied that you would like to discuss?

Ushie,

If you are going to copy material from elsewhere, you need to include references (a simple link will suffice). Preferably, just link the article(s) you took all this from (here is the link to the major part of it) and give your opinion rather than soap boxing. It makes it considerably easier to read.

Do you have a point or opinion on what you've copied that you would like to discuss?

Oh do I!

My great grandparents were welcomes refugees to the land of the stuff liberty...I love what America was...arrant what is becoming.

Romania is a very nice place..really,,it is.

But nothing i as was America.

I moved and NOT because of high taxes..I refuse to pay WASTED high taxes Thar God knows where to. The hundreds of thoughts of dollars we save in taxes goes to worthy causes.

I am with 4 associates. This term we domated over 60% of or net to worry cases.

How is it I know..

I personally deliver the money.

Really..ye, we do well.

But?.

how much money does one really need/?

Why did my post ome duplicate.

I have truoble focusing upon simple things due to ADD

Oh do I!

My great grandparents were welcomes refugees to the land of the stuff liberty...I love what America was...arrant what is becoming.

I moved and NOT because of high taxes..I refuse to pay WASTED high taxes Thar God knows where to. The hundreds of thoughts of dollars we save in taxes goes to worthy causes.

How is it I know..

Really..ye, we do well.

But?.

It seems you have trouble making any sense at all...

To me, "divagation" means "Stop what you're doing and look at ME, world!" It's very difficult to have a discussion with someone who "divagates" the conversation. It becomes a soapbox that's all about the diva, how smart and wealthy and kind and considerate and so much better than you she is, and less about the topic being discussed. Blogs were invented for one-way conversations like this.

But not interesting blogs.

We can start by asking a few questions about scenarios that were mentioned in the OP. I have often thought a little about our social situations here in the states and the direction it will lead us in the long run. Equality and fairness seem to play a more vital role in peoples decisions than individual freedoms do. What kind of effect will it have on our future once we start giving up freedom for security? Is it even ethical to make a decision that affects another unfairly, even if the affect is indirect?(hence:unhealthy effecting healthcare) When did we start allowing ourselves to be so pampered as to accept such restrictions as we have now a days? Is there a certain point where social equality can be translated into totalitarianism, marxism, etc...and are these things good or bad for a society like America's? Sorry for the generalizations. I just wanted to kick off a healthy dialogue and figure this will be enough to do so.

We can start by asking a few questions about scenarios that were mentioned in the OP. I have often thought a little about our social situations here in the states and the direction it will lead us in the long run. Equality and fairness seem to play a more vital role in peoples decisions than individual freedoms do. What kind of effect will it have on our future once we start giving up freedom for security? Is it even ethical to make a decision that affects another unfairly, even if the affect is indirect?(hence:unhealthy effecting healthcare) When did we start allowing ourselves to be so pampered as to accept such restrictions as we have now a days? Is there a certain point where social equality can be translated into totalitarianism, marxism, etc...and are these things good or bad for a society like America's? Sorry for the generalizations. I just wanted to kick off a healthy dialogue and figure this will be enough to do so.

Personally, I think it's like the frog in hot water story. If too much is changed too quickly, American citizens react just as quickly. But make small changes over time and eventually people adapt to the conditions and won't realize they're being slowly boiled to death.

I blame our love of so-called "convenience" for a lot of our problems. We're willing to pay outrageous amounts of money for convenience and rarely question the real costs. I've mentioned before how willing we are to overpay for shitty roads that beat our vehicles up (and our cars are easily our #1 investment next to our homes - why do we stand for it?), just for the convenience of getting to drive on fresh asphalt the same day it's put down so we can avoid detours. There's a thousand more things like that, things that sap our financial strength and fool us into thinking we're really saving time for more important things.

To me, "divagation" means "Stop what you're doing and look at ME, world!" It's very difficult to have a discussion with someone who "divagates" the conversation. It becomes a soapbox that's all about the diva, how smart and wealthy and kind and considerate and so much better than you she is, and less about the topic being discussed. Blogs were invented for one-way conversations like this.

But not interesting blogs.

Divagation does not mean what you happen to think it means. It is a noun meaning → "digression". a putting aside. As a verb"divagation"↔"divagating" means a "wandering away from."

soft thoughts,

Ushie ♀

We can start by asking a few questions about scenarios that were mentioned in the OP. I have often thought a little about our social situations here in the states and the direction it will lead us in the long run. Equality and fairness seem to play a more vital role in peoples decisions than individual freedoms do. What kind of effect will it have on our future once we start giving up freedom for security? Is it even ethical to make a decision that affects another unfairly, even if the affect is indirect?(hence:unhealthy effecting health care) When did we start allowing ourselves to be so pampered as to accept such restrictions as we have now a days? Is there a certain point where social equality can be translated into totalitarianism, marxism, etc...and are these things good or bad for a society like America's? Sorry for the generalizations. I just wanted to kick off a healthy dialogue and figure this will be enough to do so.

My point exactly and hence my screen-name "Divagating the Future." Contrary to what some think the word means→ divagation is a noun it means a digression away from, a wandering from, to a putting aside. And, as I see it America is compromising itself. It is in the process of eliminating the middle class. Throughout all history what stood between freedom and despotism was a middle class. A middle class acts as a buffer against tyranny. Written in the American constitution {a prototype of more world government than anything else } are the amendments. The writers saw that freedom of expression was of #1 importance; it was paramount. They then wrote they second amendment. Why? To assure that not even the government shall negate amendment # 1. Fallacious lies have been made into corrupt facts. That being, guns kill people and increase crime. So wrong is that. If you have the ambition, look into the true facts! An unarmed public is negatively correlated to reduction of violent crime. Cars kill far more people than guns. Should cars be banned? The media is so eager to report any gun related crime yet ever report just how many innocent lives are saved buy firearms. I can attest to that, myself being such a case.

5y7tde.jpg

Ushie

And, as I see it America is compromising itself. It is in the process of eliminating the middle class

Although I do think America is comprimising itself in many different aspects, I don't see that we are eliminating the middle class. I just see easier access to information allowing false rhetoric to incite the middleclass into a fallacious frenzy. The so called "progressive movement" incinuates that we need to look to a new era of tolerance, fairness, and equality in order survive in the future. I call bullsh**. Reality has often been anything but tolerant, equal, or fair. I have three kids, two of which are 6 and 9, and these are life lessons that schools these days refuse to teach, but leave to the parents. You can see what I mean in the way they let young kids play sports. Most have stopped keeping score or at least stop once a team gets too far ahead, just to pamper a potential losing teams feelings. I have no problem with parents teaching our children these life lessons, but I also think it's equally important for those children to learn them in the midst of their peers.

The media is so eager to report any gun related crime yet ever report just how many innocent lives are saved buy firearms. I can attest to that, myself being such a case.

[/url]

http://www.usatoday.com/news/comment/2002/05/09/ncoppf.htm

http://biggovernment.com/jlott/2011/10/04/chicagos-violent-crime-rates-plummet-after-scotus-removes-handgun-ban/

I have also read a poll where 71% over 29% of Americans believe that a ban on guns would propogate a higher violent crime rate. It only makes sense to me that a law banning guns would only affect an honest person whereas the criminal element just don't give hoot.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh do I!

How is it I know..

Really..ye, we do well.

But?.

Taxes are a drag, but you know what? So is forming a society.

Edited by questionposter