Time travel in reality!!!!

YT2095

I`m putting this idea in here as it`s only half formulated and I might be totaly wrong!

that however is NOT an excuse for anyone to posts about aliens or god and sh!t !

so here goes...

I was considering Dimensions, 2d can be represented on paper as a + sign.

it has length and width X and Y axis.

in 3D a Z axis is needed for height, so it`s like the + with a line running through the center making a full 720 degrees of space.

now then, for anything wishing to interset all of these coords simultaniously step by step, picture this

the + with line trough the center is placed in a square box, each of the boxes 6 faces has one end of a line in the middle of it.

if you travel from the top right back of the boxes corner, to the bottom left front of the boxes corner and call the start position 0

then the X, Y and Z coords will increment 1 each at the same time until the end of the other corner is reached.

Phew!, that`s the BASICS out of the way! :))

now the questions :)

instead of a single unit/point that travels, what if the point that moves isn`t a singularity but a 3d shape like a small sphere?

the coords would go wild! (mathematicaly workable sure) but then you`de end up with aspects of the same object being in the same place at the same time!

------------------------------------------

I considered the idea of a movement to intersect all dimensions in a 4d HyperCube but couldn`t visualise it well enough, and so here is where my ideas stop.

any GOOD input to this would be appreciated :)

and I`ll not think twice about deleting garbage either! it`s only in this forum for lack of a better place/confidence so far.

I`m putting this idea in here as it`s only half formulated and I might be totaly wrong!

that however is NOT an excuse for anyone to posts about aliens or god and sh!t !

Just let me tell you what God thinks about aliens and their sh!t for a minute... Only jokin..

I was considering Dimensions' date=' 2d can be represented on paper as a + sign.

it has length and width X and Y axis.

in 3D a Z axis is needed for height, so it`s like the + with a line running through the center making a full 720 degrees of space.

now then, for anything wishing to interset all of these coords simultaniously step by step, picture this

the + with line trough the center is placed in a square box, each of the boxes 6 faces has one end of a line in the middle of it.

if you travel from the top right back of the boxes corner, to the bottom left front of the boxes corner and call the start position 0

then the X, Y and Z coords will increment 1 each at the same time until the end of the other corner is reached.[/quote']

All the above sounds like how vectors work when writing a 3D video game.

X, Y but Z's the depth in/out of the "virtual cube". So far what you've said is easy for me to visualise by applying that model to it.

now the questions :)

instead of a single unit/point that travels, what if the point that moves isn`t a singularity but a 3d shape like a small sphere?

the coords would go wild! (mathematicaly workable sure) but then you`de end up with aspects of the same object being in the same place at the same time!

------------------------------------------

I considered the idea of a movement to intersect all dimensions in a 4d HyperCube but couldn`t visualise it well enough, and so here is where my ideas stop.

This is where I get stuck, using that same 3D video game "virtual cube" model of mine...

We create (well I program in C++ so I create) C++ objects with 3 variables, X, Y, Z plus an extra varibable for each XD, YD and ZD for direction, obviously more for acelleration or whatever..

So a sphere C++ object would have those 3 locations in space variables but it would still be a virtual sphere in virtual space. Obviously the sphere itself is drawn by the clever DirectX code but in the real universe the sphere itself is "drawn" by the atoms or more precicesly the photons bouncing off the atoms that make the sphere up...

So if I wanted to model a virtual sphere in my virtual cube I would have to create objects for enough virtual particles so when they were drawn to the screen there'd be enough pixels to show that virtual sphere.

Basically I reckon every particle in the universe needs to have its own X, Y and Z but because they're bonded together they all have the same XD, YD and ZD's with variations determined by speed of rotation.

I THINK what you're getting at though is that my C++ objects representing the individual fundamental particles would be 0 in size but you're saying in the real universe each fundamental particle has a certain size?? And reckon things go wild cos where those that extra size fit??

Sounds cool to me.

The only thing I can think of is each individual fundamental particle (given that it has some size) must leave gaps for its neighbours. The "fabric" of the universe would have to act like a 3 dimensional mesh and particles can only sit on the intersections with their extra bits existing in the gaps of the mesh.

Is that the kind of feedback you're looking for?? :confused:

Well the X, Y and Z points of the 3D mesh that intersect at the step size of 1 (your increment size of 1 ;) ) is for the location of the object but the 0.01 to 0.99 between those intersections are the size for the largest fundamental particles/energy that need to exist in the mesh.

What's this got to do with time travelling in reality though...

because I wanted to know how, using this model or similar, traveling through time could be represented.

The only thing I can think of that might be helpful is going back to a 3D video game analogy.

You'd need to find a fixed constant, like the speed of light, find out how long it takes for light to travel from one intersection to another then divide each particles xd, yd and zy by that fixed constant or something like that anyway. But that's more to do with counting frames per second and how to keep the frame rate at a constant speed.

Dunno if this'll help..

http://www.allegro.cc/forums/view_thread.php?_id=159670

Travelling backwards in time would be pretty simple, just turn the fixed constant into a negative and hope the laws of physics modelled in the game work in reverse too. ;)