Can you figure out each man's field?

1) Joe and John were in the audience.

the night the singer made his debut on the stage.

2) Both Harry and the writer have sat for portraits by the painter.

3) The writer, whose biography of Rose was a best -seller, is planning to write a biography of Joe

4) Joe has never heard of John.

_____So_____?

What is each person's artistic field?

This is worth 2 green buttons for the first one to answer !

:blink:

Best of lucK↔♣

I count to four persons but only three artistic fields, which means the question given can not be fully answered.

Harry is the singer, Rose is the painter, John is the writer and Joe's field is not mentioned.

(You are only allowed to vote once on a single post.)

I count to four persons but only three artistic fields, which means the question given can not be fully answered.

There is information in the topic's title that might imply an assumption, albeit a flimsy assumption.

You'll have to post again to receive your second upvote!

How will you manage to do that?

3) The writer, whose biography of Rose was a best -seller, is planning to write a biography of Joe

_____So_____?

Best of lucK↔♣

Spyman is correct.

I'll give a try for the last one

Harry is the singer

John is the writer

Rose is the painter

Joe is the critic.

Find another post made by the answerer in other forums.

If there are no other posts, wait for one.

"Replying to Can you figure out each man's field?"

Harry is a singer.

John is a writer.

Joe is a painter.

This assumes that all the men's artistic fields are listed, that each man has a unique field, and that all statements are about the 3 men (which is a flimsy one because of the reference to Rose).

Edit: Actually only the 3rd assumption is needed, in which case the first two are deduced.

Edited by md65536

This assumes that all the men's artistic fields are listed, that each man has a unique field, and that all statements are about the 3 men

I would consider Joe to be dishonest if he claims to never have heard of John after he had painted his portrait.

I would consider Joe to be dishonest if he claims to never have heard of John after he had painted his portrait.

Good point. I hadn't thought of that.

I guess it's possible that John was an anonymous model in an art class or something like that.

But then, it's possible the singer mingled with the audience at his debut, and was "in the audience" that night.

It's possible the painter did a self-portrait, and that Joe is planning an autobiography.

I can no longer find a satisfying solution.

Actually, the puzzle is real and Joe would be the dancer, it seems like Queen of Wands - First↔Cause ♀ duplicated about half of it:

What is each man's artistic field? Dancer:_____ Singer:_____ Painter:_____ Writer:_____?

Orly, Nick, Roger and Jeff are four creative artists of great talent. One is a dancer, one is a painter, one is a singer and one is a writer, though not necessarily in that order.

a. Orly and Roger were in the audience the night the singer made his debut on the concert stage.

b. Both Nick and the writer have had their portraits painted from life by the painter.

c. The writer, who biography of Jeff was a best-seller, is planning to write a biography of Orly.

d. Orly has never heard of Roger.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070617082812AAZSmdj

I guess it's possible that John was an anonymous model in an art class or something like that.

But then, it's possible the singer mingled with the audience at his debut, and was "in the audience" that night.

It's possible the painter did a self-portrait, and that Joe is planning an autobiography.

Sorry for hand-written table - the numbers against each mark correspond to sentences below

post-32514-0-27532400-1330019571_thumb.jpg

1. John is not Singer
  2. Joe is not Singer
  3. Harry is not Writer 3a Harry is not Painter
  4. Rose is not Writer
  5. Joe is not Writer
  6. John must be Writer by elimination of other people
  7. John is therefore not Painter
  8. John is therefore not Missing Occ
  9. Joe is not Painter (he did not know writer)
  10. Joe must be Missing Occ by elimination of other jobs
  11. Harry is therefore not Missing Occ
  12. Rose is therefore not Missing Occ
  13. Rose is therefore Painter by elimination of other people
  14. Harry is therefore Singer cos he is only one left

Harry is the singer, Rose is the painter, John is the writer and Joe's field is not mentioned.

Your answer is not correct. Yes, I so learned as what you have told. " Only allowed to vote once on a single post."

TY

There is information in the topic's title that might imply an assumption, albeit a flimsy assumption.

You'll have to post again to receive your second upvote!

Yes, I now know that. ie. "Post again.."

There are 4 artistic positions and the question is answerable. The 4 positions are: writer,dancer,painter,singer.

Spyman is correct.

I'll give a try for the last one

Harry is the singer

John is the writer

Rose is the painter

Joe is the critic.

Nope, keep trying. Admittingly, it is a rather hard question.

NO, not correct..But I am Queen of Wands..Not First Cause..

What's gonig on?

Correction, I am now Divagating the Future, { I changed my screen name }

Ushie

_____So_____?

Best of lucK↔♣

All make note→Queen of Wands is now→ Divagating the Future.

Ushie

Ahh, very slick! Trying to eliminate one of the persons by having me authorize what you have so written. The question merely states that Joe doen't know John. Joe?→ Maybe he is the painter, maybe the singer,maybe ???

Ushie

Don't Quit!

There are 4 artistic positions and the question is answerable. The 4 positions are: writer,dancer,painter,singer.

Nope, keep trying. Admittingly, it is a rather hard question.

Wow. No apology for not mentioning there's a dancer in the answer?! You kept telling people they were wrong, but you only gave part of the riddle.

In the puzzling/riddling world, this is a felony. You should be behind bras.

How about, "Joe is First Cause, a dishonest person who treats trolling as an artistic endeavor". Would that solve the puzzle?

To solve this puzzle is best done by setting up an array in your mind using simple process of elimination in which all possibilities are as so encompassed.

By doing so it then first becomes apparent that neither Joe nor John is the singer since they were in the audience listening to the singer. Harry can't be the painter since he sat for the painter, nor can he be the writer since it is stated that both Harry and the writer had portraits of them by the painter. The writer can't be Rose since the writer wrote a biography of her. Joe can't be the writer; that is logically apparent since the writer is planning to write a biography of Joe and the writer already had written a biography of Rose. Now with such known by elimination, it is now so clear that John has to be the writer. It states that the writer and Harry had portraits done by the painter. That eliminates Joe as the painter because the painter would have known the writer {John} and Joe had never heard of John. So again by elimination Joe is the dancer, this leaves singer as the only category possible for Harry. Finally, Rose must be the painter by elimination of possibilities she can't be anything else. This completes the puzzle.

John→ Writer

Joe→Dancer

Rose→Paints

Harry→Sings

See {ô¿ô}

:eyebrow:

*Please stop calling me a troll. If you thought me so; I served my sentence {suspension}. Even a convicted criminal proven guilty in a court of law is given a clear new life once they had served their sentence.

Further doing so, you in your heart know, is unjust and even cruel. If I made false accusations of you I apologize.♥

Soft Thoughts,

Ushie

To solve this puzzle is best done by setting up an array in your mind using simple process of elimination in which all possibilities are as so encompassed.

By doing so it then first becomes apparent that neither Joe nor John is the singer since they were in the audience listening to the singer. Harry can't be the painter since he sat for the painter, nor can he be the writer since it is stated that both Harry and the writer had portraits of them by the painter. The writer can't be Rose since the writer wrote a biography of her. Joe can't be the writer; that is logically apparent since the writer is planning to write a biography of Joe and the writer already had written a biography of Rose. Now with such known by elimination, it is now so clear that John has to be the writer. It states that the writer and Harry had portraits done by the painter. That eliminates Joe as the painter because the painter would have known the writer {John} and Joe had never heard of John. So again by elimination Joe is the dancer, this leaves singer as the only category possible for Harry. Finally, Rose must be the painter by elimination of possibilities she can't be anything else. This completes the puzzle.

John→ Writer

Joe→Dancer

Rose→Paints

Harry→Sings

See {ô¿ô}

We know how to do puzzles like this, when they're presented properly. And imatfaal already gave the proper solution, which you failed to acknowledge.

YOU neglected to mention "dancer" as one of the professions in the OP. Please don't act like everyone was too stupid to solve the puzzle. You left out a key piece. It's akin to stealing some of the pieces from a jigsaw puzzle and then berating everyone for not being able to finish it. See {ô¿ô}?

We know how to do puzzles like this, when they're presented properly. And imatfaal already gave the proper solution, which you failed to acknowledge.

YOU neglected to mention "dancer" as one of the professions in the OP. Please don't act like everyone was too stupid to solve the puzzle. You left out a key piece. It's akin to stealing some of the pieces from a jigsaw puzzle and then berating everyone for not being able to finish it. See {ô¿ô}?

Opps

CORRECT.

I owe each a positive.

And shall.

Opps

CORRECT.

I owe each a positive.

And shall.

No, I did not berate anyone; I just told them their answer was incorrect. Yes, the one you mentioned did have the correct answer. But he wrote as Joe being "ots' {i think he wrote that} not dancer. I was about to award him credit when I viewed his attachment. It was a clever method he used.

If any are to be berated here, it is I for neglecting to supply the 4 positions. I believe I made mention; I may have not made mention to you that I do have ADD and it hampers me sometimes with such incidentals.