Time Travel

max13

The planet earth is differentiated through time zones GMT, so suppose if i travel from india to europe...when i reach i need to adjust my time. Or is it time travel when i traverse back and forth in time? Like in the movies 'around the world in 80 days' , 'back to the future' and 'time machine!'

which time traversing is really a possibility not just adjusting time!

None the less, his now is still now, he is not moving in time to another now any more than you are and when he stops moving his now will still be now.

You're using the word "now" extremely loosely. Too loosely, I would argue, for it to have any physical meaning.

jbej9ARa6pU9sa.png

You're using the word "now" extremely loosely. Too loosely, I would argue, for it to have any physical meaning.

jbej9ARa6pU9sa.png

The fact that the above diagram applies equally from my perspective and from your friends perspective and that nothing can tell the difference between the two reciprocal views means that it is not as cut and dried as some might think. My now is my now and everyone else might be time dilated but I am just fine thank you

The fact that the above diagram applies equally from my perspective and from your friends perspective and that nothing can tell the difference between the two reciprocal views means that it is not as cut and dried as some might think. My now is my now and everyone else might be time dilated but I am just fine thank you

Yes, but that's not my point. My point is that there isn't only one now. Two events that happen "now" in your frame will not happen at the same time for my friend.

Edited by elfmotat

I'm not good in physics, but this is what I know

Time pass always .. maybe it pass faster in a frame than how it pass in another, but in the end at some point,

both frames have passed the same amount of time

So if we can create a Time Capsule which creates a frame that have a high time flow rate .. they won't travel into the future,

they will just experience their life time faster, because their body will pass the same amount of time, in any time flow rate it goes

It's like drinking glasses of beer, weather you drink the beer slower or faster, in the end all men will drink the same amount of beer eventually

Another example is a movie file on your computer, you can play it slower, or 2x faster .. but in all ways, you will witness everything on that movie

Edited by khaled

You are missing elfmotat's very valid point.

"Now" in special relativity is a surface of simultaneity -- the events that an observer "sees" as being simultaneous with his time 0.

That surface is not the same for all observers. This is what is colloquially called the "relativity of simultaneity".

"Now" varies with the reference frame.

It is not true that nothing can tell the difference between the views. The events in spacetime are invariant. All observers will agree on the existence of the events. They do not agree on the specific coordinates of the events, and in particular they do not agree on which events are simulataneous. So to distinguish between the two views one must merely compare the perceptions as to what events are simulataneous.

Many people travel to distant locations on earth! Like say from india to london by airliner it takes about 6 to 8 hours!, then by legendary concorde airliner it takes about 3 hours, and by russian mig-25 it takes 1 hour!!! But it seems the loads of tourisms are travelling too quickly than by conventional means! For eg. the wwe superstars are seen at short time intervals at india, london and usa! They couldn't had possibly travelled by the fastest airliner! So it could be time travelling!

Time traversing from location to location not only changes the time period but even does time phase change back and forth in past and future!

Like as you were asking me about movement relative to one another! I sometimes myself experience short time travel, like moving across time zones might change the time you are moving into and when changing directions resets it.

What if the earths' revolutions were to be somehow moved in the opposite directions with the other planets and stars relative to it being at the same phase! Would it alter the time travel backwards?

Edited by max13

the speed of plane is far too little percentage of light so you are not really slowing down your time, in fact you might be having faster time due to lesser gravitational pull.

Overall, travelling on plane for a long time slows down time due to the high speed. From a clear perspective, u guys are in the same "now", but the number of frames of time that took you both to get to this "now" are different. The person went on plane for a long time has took lesser frames of time than the guy that remained at earth.

I think that traveling through time might be possible, but even if somebody created such a invention handful of people would know about it, because we proved through time that human kind is not responsible with things that have lot less importance compared to time traveling.

Crossing times zones is not the same as time travel - which is impossible - there is only now

actually time travel is possible we travel through time every second.

I'm not good in physics, but this is what I know

Time pass always .. maybe it pass faster in a frame than how it pass in another, but in the end at some point,

both frames have passed the same amount of time

So if we can create a Time Capsule which creates a frame that have a high time flow rate .. they won't travel into the future,

they will just experience their life time faster, because their body will pass the same amount of time, in any time flow rate it goes

It's like drinking glasses of beer, weather you drink the beer slower or faster, in the end all men will drink the same amount of beer eventually

Another example is a movie file on your computer, you can play it slower, or 2x faster .. but in all ways, you will witness everything on that movie

this is how I see time travel but through ratios