What Can YOu DO?

gene

Here's a link to a site about depression:

http://www.healthyplace.com/communities/depression/toc.asp

There is a lot of good information there. Yes - stress can trigger depression. But it doesn't in everyone. Depression tends to run in families, so there seems to be a genetic component. Emotional trauma, such as the death of a loved one or the loss of a job can trigger it, and it can be the result of a chemical imbalance. It is probably a most often a combination of the three.

Cortisol is one of the chemicals mentioned.

Hypothyroidism can also mimic depression. My husband's endocrinologist found that I suffered from that. When diagnosed, my thyroid-stimulating-hormone count was it 35. It is supposed to be between .5 and 5. After I started taking medication I felt like a new person (and I lost 115#).

If you feel "blue" and "down" frequently, I strongly suggest you see a physician about it.

Hypothroidism?

From what i know, thyroid is a hormone for the growth of the body. Hypo would suggests excess secretion of this hormone. So, maybe is it like metamorphsis?

So, did you like shrunk because of this symdrone?

Hypothroidism?

From what i know, thyroid is a hormone for the growth of the body. Hypo would suggests excess secretion of this hormone. So, maybe is it like metamorphsis?

So, did you like shrunk because of this symdrone?

I'm studying Psychology next year and I have also an interest in Buddhism and a thought on buddhism from someone like you would be something that I would appreciate to know .

Don't start a new topic in the middle of someone else's active thread.

This is a good question for our Religion and Philosophy forum - discussion of Buddhism is strangely lacking over there.

I'm studying Psychology next year and I have also an interest in Buddhism and a thought on buddhism from someone like you would be something that I would appreciate to know .

Don't start a new topic in the middle of someone else's active thread.

This is a good question for our Religion and Philosophy forum - discussion of Buddhism is strangely lacking over there.

since i was in about 7th grade, i was worried about tests. (My Algebra teacher had me and the rest of the class all skrewed up), but I would always think that if I bombed "that" test then I would never get into a good college, b/c all they would look at is how well you did in classes. I've even doubted my own intelligence sometimes, then I just go down to the lab, and realize...why worry about it b/c colleges care more about what you do outside of school...and how many 14 yr olds do you know with access to a microbio lab? :)

The fact is that school is not everything...Ive had a hard time convincing myself of this, b/c I still definitely care about my future- but get involved with something that colleges would love...like debate, or scientific research, or finding a cure for MS, and advancing knowledge on cell wall deficient forms :D

since i was in about 7th grade, i was worried about tests. (My Algebra teacher had me and the rest of the class all skrewed up), but I would always think that if I bombed "that" test then I would never get into a good college, b/c all they would look at is how well you did in classes. I've even doubted my own intelligence sometimes, then I just go down to the lab, and realize...why worry about it b/c colleges care more about what you do outside of school...and how many 14 yr olds do you know with access to a microbio lab? :)

The fact is that school is not everything...Ive had a hard time convincing myself of this, b/c I still definitely care about my future- but get involved with something that colleges would love...like debate, or scientific research, or finding a cure for MS, and advancing knowledge on cell wall deficient forms :D

maybe you were supposed to do bad on the test and prove it isn't the right field for you. there will be other opportunities and maybe even better ones that come around because you failed that one exam. you might be better off and on the other hand you could have passed it.

maybe you were supposed to do bad on the test and prove it isn't the right field for you. there will be other opportunities and maybe even better ones that come around because you failed that one exam. you might be better off and on the other hand you could have passed it.

• 1 year later...

ctc7752: Why have you answered a thread that ended over a year ago? It's not as though you have presentd a new argument or anything. Simply adding a platitude to a dead thread is a little pointless, don't you think?

Somethings things are just out of our control. The more you want it to happen' date=' the more it won't. However, when you don't want it to happen, it happens. LIfe is a paradox man. I still can't understand it.

[/quote']

It is not the thing that is out of control.....it is the human nature out of control. When you have a problem, it feels that it is the biggest problem in your life...:mad:

(for instance, when you have exams, we feel nervous and tensed and it feels miserable......when we are out of it and are in jobs, the deadline for projects eats it out..

I feel that by worrying or getting stressed, we are unnecessarily wasting our LIFE.

Worries are common and can't be stopped

We should perhaps learn to stop worrying and cool down .... perhaps by watching a science report on DISCOVERY....what do you say??? It cools you down a lot....and gives you Knowledge....the reason of all our presence here.......

Personally, this the place it wear all my troubles out!