Christian Evidence

njaohnt

What if they were simply relating myths they had been told?

Okay, now you're going into stuff I don't know enough about. Were there scrolls with in Isael that were against God? Where were the scrolls of the other religions.

They have no evidence... just like yours... why would I want to believe in anything that has no evidence?

Oh wow. There's tons of evidence. You haven't explained anything with the two healers. Why are they not evidence?

Yeah, it doesn't say the same thing the original does... homosexuality seems to be special for some reason, they always seem to translate that one correctly...

I'm confused. What oringinal?

Edited by njaohnt

I'm confused. What oringinal?

You indicated that the translation you use contains no such passage when in fact other earlier translations do indeed contain the passage that wearing clothes made of different types of thread is an abomination even though both 'translations" agree that homosexuality is an abomination the same as wearing clothing made of different types of threads.

njaohnt do you not even read your bible?

Edited by Moontanman

You indicated that the translation you use contains no such passage when in fact other earlier translations do indeed contain the passage that wearing clothes made of different types of thread is an abomination even though both 'translations" agree that homosexuality is an abomination the same as wearing clothing made of different types of threads.

njaohnt do you not even read your bible?

You haven't understood me at all. I was talking about the fact that it says "I am the LORD". Now do you get what I'm saying?

Your conclusion.

Really? I think it does.

You haven't understood me at all. I was talking about the fact that it says "I am the LORD". Now do you get what I'm saying?

No in fact it makes your reply seem all the more obtuse...

Really? I think it does.

Then you need to elaborate your answer...

njaohnt, you do realize that the devil or Satan is a concept completely made up by Christians around 3 to 4 hundred CE don't you?

I do believe that the Devil is real. There is no evidence against him in that video.

The Devil is evil, but he is also pretty smart. By making people believe that he doesn't exist, he makes people believe that the Bible is false, leading to them not believing in God, leading them to Hell. The Devil has used the fact that if the Israelites knew him before, something bad would happen (this is what I assume. It's better than atheist believing in abiogenesis.) ... I don't know what. Perhaps I will find out. There has to be a reason.

The thing is that God is so amazing that there has to be a reason for everything (this is what the atheists assume with their theories["there has to be a reason for everything"]).

Edited by njaohnt

I do believe that the Devil is real. There is no evidence against him in that video.

The Devil is evil, but he is also pretty smart. By making people believe that he doesn't exist, he makes people believe that the Bible is false, leading to them not believing in God, leading them to Hell. The Devil has used the fact that if the Israelites knew him before, something bad would happen (this is what I assume. It's better than atheist believing in abiogenesis.) ... I don't know what. Perhaps I will find out. There has to be a reason.

The thing is that God is so amazing that there has to be a reason for everything (this is what the atheists assume with their theories["there has to be a reason for everything"]).

The concept of the devil was made up by christians, the old testament does not reference such a being. If you think it does feel free to show the passages that say other wise. The videos were quite clear that the devil is not seen in the old testament.

Evidence

Some of these things make the big bang impossible. This has turned me away from the big bang.

http://www.newscient.../13-more-things

Where did all the lithium-7 go, and what about the lithium-6?

Here's evidence of the Devil.

http://www.newscient...ebo-effect.html

Perhaps I should just stop wasting my time here. I believe in God, and you don't take anything as evidence. What would you take as evidence?

The concept of the devil was made up by christians, the old testament does not reference such a being. If you think it does feel free to show the passages that say other wise. The videos were quite clear that the devil is not seen in the old testament.

By making people believe that he doesn't exist, he makes people believe that the Bible is false, leading to them not believing in God, leading them to Hell. The Devil has used the fact that if the Israelites knew him before, something bad would happen (this is what I assume. It's better than atheist believing in abiogenesis.) ... I don't know what. Perhaps I will find out.

Edited by njaohnt

Evidence

Some of these things make the big bang impossible. This has turned me away from the big bang.

http://www.newscient.../13-more-things

Where did all the lithium-7 go, and what about the lithium-6?

Where do this links say there is a devil, they just say there are things we don't know yet.

Here's evidence of the Devil.

http://www.newscient...ebo-effect.html

Again how does the fact that we don't know everything support the idea of god? We didn't know what caused volcanoes at one time but it didn't prove there was a god.

Perhaps I should just stop wasting my time here. I believe in God, and you don't take anything as evidence. What would you take as evidence?

[/size]

I would take as evidence anything that supports the idea of god, so far all you have done is show things we don't yet know about. That isn't evidence of god. It would be easy to show that god is real, supposedly he did many things in the old testament that would have been proof if they had been documented, stopping the rotation of the earth for a few hours like he did in the bible would be proof.

Edited by Moontanman

!

Moderator Note

njaohnt

this thread is about Christian Evidence - please could you counter the members' arguments with something other than belief. Members are taking the time to explain their position and criticise yours - in turn it would be great if you could explain why you believe the two articles you have posted constitute evidence for the existence of either God or Satan

Where do this links say there is a devil...

It doesn't.

Again how does the fact that we don't know everything support the idea of god? We didn't know what caused volcanoes at one time but it didn't prove there was a god.

It's not the best of evidence, but it's still evidence.

I would take as evidence anything that supports the idea of god, so far all you have done is show things we don't yet know about. That isn't evidence of god. It would be easy to show that god is real, supposedly he did many things in the old testament that would have been proof if they had been documented, stopping the rotation of the earth for a few hours like he did in the bible would be proof.

Stopping the earth for rotating is better than a miracle? I'll see if I can get Him to do that, but stopping the earth from rotating might not be a good idea... anything else?

I think you are wasting your time as well as ours here...

Yeah, this thread is getting more and more pointless. I just have a few more things to say, and then perhaps it should get locked.

It doesn't.It's not the best of evidence, but it's still evidence.

Stopping the earth for rotating is better than a miracle? I'll see if I can get Him to do that, but stopping the earth from rotating might not be a good idea... anything else?

Yeah, this thread is getting more and more pointless. I just have a few more things to say, and then perhaps it should get locked.

So this forum is just a place for you to espouse your belief in god?

It's called spontaneous remission njaohnt, it happens in Christians and non Christians, believers and non believers, the belief system of a person has nothing to do with it.

http://en.wikipedia....neous_remission

I'm not sure if I understood that page, but those healers have healed much more than tumors.

So this forum is just a place for you to espouse your belief in god?

Ummm... yeah the title is "Christian Evidence", is it not?

I'm not sure if I understood that page, but those healers have healed much more than tumors.

Like what?

Ummm... yeah the title is "Christian Evidence", is it not?

Yes and so far you have given us none, nada, no evidence what so ever, nothing but your own constant denial of the facts and baseless assertions...

No in fact it makes your reply seem all the more obtuse...

God is supposed to be your god, not some other thread, so that people see you as someone worshiping that god as if you were for that god, not God, so that you may be accepted by others.

Like what?

Like my mother's back.

God is supposed to be your god, not some other thread, so that people see you as someone worshiping that god as if you were for that god, not God, so that you may be accepted by others.

More obtuse horse feathers?

Like my mother's back.

So your mothers back got better with no medical treatment what so ever? A humans back cannot heal? What are you saying?

If god wanted to be seen as real all he would have to do is heal an amputee but of course he does not do so...

I will re-ask my question "Where did all the lithium-7 go?". This is one of the main reasons I believe the big bang is false. It said in the article that someone said that this is probably one of the things suggesting that the big bang is false. Yes, there might be other evidence, but like it said, there is too much excitement in the big bang for any problems to say that the big bang is false.

I will re-ask my question "Where did all the lithium-7 go?". This is one of the main reasons I believe the big bang is false. It said in the article that someone said that this is probably one of the things suggesting that the big bang is false. Yes, there might be other evidence, but like it said, there is too much excitement in the big bang for any problems to say that the big bang is false.

What does the possibility of the Big Bang Theory not being accurate have to do with the existence of the christian god?

More obtuse horse feathers?

If you think that that is obtuse, then maybe you should take a look at Matthew 5-7.

So your mothers back got better with no medical treatment what so ever? A humans back cannot heal? What are you saying?

If god wanted to be seen as real all he would have to do is heal an amputee but of course he does not do so...

No. Because the more a miracle happens, the less it seems like a miracle. If I said, for example, that I was an amputee, and that now I've been healed, what would you say? Think as if it really happened.

What does the possibility of the Big Bang Theory not being accurate have to do with the existence of the christian god?

If it is impossible that the earth formed by itself, then a god must have done it, and like I've said many times, no god has more evidence than God.

If you think that that is obtuse, then maybe you should take a look at Matthew 5-7.No. Because the more a miracle happens, the less it seems like a miracle. If I said, for example, that I was an amputee, and that now I've been healed, what would you say? Think as if it really happened.

If it really happened it would be evidence for something miraculous.

If it is impossible that the earth formed by itself, then a god must have done it, and like I've said many times, no god has more evidence than God.

And I'll say again not knowing the answer does not mean a god did it much less your god did it...

Edited by Moontanman

...no god has more evidence than God.

You're right since there's no evidence for any god(s). I'm glad you finally said something I could agree with :)

Edited by doG