Sayonara

Life will be found first...  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Life will be found first...

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they have DNA, I'm quite sure they are from the same source as Earth lifeforms, which might fortify the theory that life came to earth on a meteorite or something, or fortify the theory that carbon-based lifeforms are somewhat destined to have DNA/DNA-like structure in them. :) If they don't, I'm quite sure they have just developed on <insert planet name here, in this case Mars>. Also, it would be quite interesting if they were silicon based, but I'm quite sure that they aren't.

Guest Myth Guy

The outer space is too large for us...we can't deny that there is NO life forms, maybe there's a mirror image like our solar system, and there's a earth-like planet, then there must be some intelligent life... :D

you know I'm pretty sure you can only have dna with the 4 bases we already have.

also if your looking for some life form without dna you have 2 problems

1)how do you define living

2)how are you going to have a metabolism without dna

the two questions kind of tie in together but anyway,

there is a debate about whether or not hiv is a live because it lacks a metabolism of its own

so if you take something to be alive only if it is actually metabolizing then you have to find a mechanism by which a cell can have a metabolism without dna

You've got a point there Luke (btw, why do you use the nick of a Norwegian CS progamer? :) ) If a couple of proteins are found that are tied together in a way that the structure accumulates some kind of smaller proteins to grow, I hope they're not going to call it an organism. :P

We are so desperate to locate an "intelligent life source". When will we figure out what an "intelligent life source" actually looks or acts like. Are we basing it off our limited ideas? Of course, we are looking for it so intensely, it would hide from our view.

Intelligent life is recognized and presents itself when one opens their mind enough to accept and associate the applicable gestures which are uniquely blended in a mold called appreciation.

The hidden secrets are located just in front of our ideas, too bad we seem to put them behind in our "intelligent" priorities. 10% of our mind's use is 90% of our lost reality.

OPEN SESAME... :P

you know I'm pretty sure you can only have dna with the 4 bases we already have.

You can. Too tired to google' date=' but some researchers just pulled it off with a virus. And of course RNA does not use all the same bases.

1)how do you define living

Look all the DNA does (did I say all?) is provide the genetic code for the organism. We do not know what range of other structures might fullfill this role. Externally and behaviourly the organism could appear very similar.

2)how are you going to have a metabolism without dna

Why not?

we are so easily amused by the hysterical theories based on men, such as DNA. where we should find our simple minds is that DNA should be understood completely different. simply as lineage, never destiny. destiny is thought provoked, and can not be altered based on directional coordinates such as North, South, East, and West. which should be the more appropriately targeted DNA coordinates, as the applicable measures to understand DNA. For DNA is strictly a chart of what has occurred in order to remedy a challenge that presents itself, it is like our secretary, never our governor. Our governor is our soul, which writes our code that permits the conduit of energy to perform, and allows our secretary to scribe. Simple, simple, simple. DNA are threads to understand where we have come from, not ever underestimating where we might be headed, just as this simple forum, we operate on reading past threads not predicting our fellowships opportunity to express her/his/their potential. we should use our dna as a grounding for identifiying homeostasis, not by conjuring mad science and defining pretentious mutations. :D

we are so easily amused by the hysterical theories based on men, such as DNA.

By amused do you mean diverted, intrigued? If so, I agree: it is a good thing.

What is hysterical about scientific theories? Name one hysterical theory; demonstrate clearly in what way it is hysterical. (In what way is DNA hysterical.)

... DNA should be understood completely different. simply as lineage, never destiny.

What does this mean? That it reflects what we were, not what we may become? If so, that is false. Our genes set limits on our potential.

destiny is thought provoked, and can not be altered based on directional coordinates such as North, South, East, and West. which should be the more appropriately targeted DNA coordinates, as the applicable measures to understand DNA.

This becomes increasingly dense and senseless. There is a suggestion of meaning, but too obscure to be interpreted. Clarification would be welcome.

I happen to think our discovering of DNA was nothing short of Marvelous!

I see nothing funny or hysterical about it? in fcat because of this discover we can do and know and cure so much more than before we had understanding, if nothing else look at the "Could have got away with it" ciminals out there, nicely banged up in the slammer where they should be! :)

you`re trippin` if you think DNA`s of little importance/significance.

"you`re trippin` if you think DNA`s of little importance/significance."

It's important but of course, DNA is only one example of a structure that's involved in reproduction, growing and creating offspring. Although, it's quite right the only example we know of. :))

I vote for outside this system because I reckon the chances of finding "life as we know it" twice, within this star sytem are limited in the context of a relativley small system. Our very limited understanding of the science of life may also hinder us in that we are only just begining to grasp the basics of our our own existence, identification of other forms of life and a definition of what constitutes life could prove difficult !

HAPPY NEW YEAR to those who go along with the imposition of GMT

I think life with found first on a meteor that has fallen to earth. This form of extra-terrestrial life would probably exist in simpler forms (bacteria or Archeo-Bacteria). This form of life would be the easiest to find, beceasue it doesn't involve the use a spacecraft, people can study the life right on earth more easily then if it was found on another celetial body.

in this way there may have been aliens around us for years

(Superman fanfiction)

I vote Outside this star system , because I just don't like this star system. Therefore I just wana get myself out of it to discovre the other star systems...

well now there's a great scientific evidence and basis for your decision!

Old planets might be good in the aspect of organism searching. Or not. Or perhaps advanced life anyway. Wasn't the oldest planet found somewhere near 10 billion years old? Although humans are probably gone in five billion years from now, some other species might not.

• 2 months later...

I Believe Europa is a good place to look, but due to the fact that Man will first step Foot on Mars, I believe we will be able to more decisive with our exploration and go right to where we think it is and find it. Mars first, Europa second. Titan? No, don't think so. Interesting moon though.