How do I stop windows media player streaming to other computers on my network?

morgsboi

How do I stop windows media player streaming to other computers on my network? I would like it to stop streaming to all computers but if possible, I would like it to keep on streaming to my PS3.

Any help would be very appreciated, thanks. :)

How are you streaming it?

• 2 weeks later...

More importantly, how do the other computers pick it up? What do you mean by "streaming"??

With streaming, I understand something like playing a youtube movie. You send data, which can go directly into a player, which decodes it into a video and/or audio.

Don't you simply mean the network access?

• 3 months later...

If you have a home network, you can use Windows Media Player to stream media to computers and media devices in your home. For example, if you have a networked digital media receiver connected to your home stereo system, you can use Windows Media Player to stream music, pictures, and videos from your computer to your stereo. This allows you to enjoy the contents of your Player Library anywhere in your home—even in rooms that don't have a computer.

How do I stop windows media player streaming to other computers on my network? I would like it to stop streaming to all computers but if possible, I would like it to keep on streaming to my PS3.

Any help would be very appreciated, thanks. :)