Vacuum force can make energy

thislilpiggy

I've been thinking, we have so many means of power, but all of which begin with the use of a potential/normal energy. However I believe that a chain of energy can be started with a force, a force such as a vacuum. (I don't think as gravity as a force that could start an energy chain because gravitational potential energy is basically gravity.) Nothing is all around our little blue planet right? So doesn't that mean we should utilize it? We could create something that would transform kinetic energy into a usable electrical potential energy. I was thinking a wheel or something that had a constant flow of air fed to it through a tube, and after which is rushed out of the tube via vacuum. Now, I know that sound a bit like a windmill, but then again, the wheel could be spun forever (Or at least until we run out of air) thus creating an infinite power source. However another issue is gravity. Even air is subject to gravity, so how are we to pump air up? That's why I posted this thread, because I want to hear your inventions in the comment section or you can email me. Regardless, please also tell me if this is a good idea or not.

~Gabe

Edited by thislilpiggy

we have so many means of power, but all of which begin with the use of a potential/normal energy. However I believe that a chain of energy can be started with a force, a force such as a vacuum. (I don't think as gravity as a force that could start an energy chain because gravitational potential energy is basically gravity.) Nothing is all around our little blue planet right? So doesn't that mean we should utilize it?

What is a "chain of energy" ?

What in the world does it have to do with a force ?

We could create something that would transform kinetic energy into a usable electrical potential energy.

http://en.wikipedia....rical_generator

I was thinking a wheel or something that had a constant flow of air fed to it through a tube, and after which is rushed out of the tube via vacuum. Now, I know that sound a bit like a windmill, but then again, the wheel could be spun forever (Or at least until we run out of air) thus creating an infinite power source. However another issue is gravity. Even air is subject to gravity, so how are we to pump air up? That's why I posted this thread, because I want to hear your inventions in the comment section or you can email me. Regardless, please also tell me if this is a good idea or not.

~Gabe

Generators are a pretty good idea.

Edited by DrRocket

What is a "chain of energy" ?

What in the world does it have to do with a force ?

http://en.wikipedia....rical_generator

Generators are a pretty good idea.

A chain would look like something like this: Kinetic Energy transforms into Electrical potential energy, and a force is used in the transforming/transfering of energy

A chain would look like something like this: Kinetic Energy transforms into Electrical potential energy, and a force is used in the transforming/transfering of energy

You are right back to ordinary electrical generators.

Some motive power (water turbine, gas turbine, steam turbine, etc) turns the rotor on a generator in a magnetic field and kinetic energy is transformed into electrical energy, my means of the mediating electromagnetic force.

exactly, except we can now utilize a new means of turbine power, the vacuum. I understand what you mean though. This reinvention of a turbine though can supply additional energy along side wind water etc... so in other words we have more energy to use now. I know what i am trying to explain sounds a bit vague, but i'm trying to explain this as best as possible. :( I

All you need to do is tap into that bleak nothingness we call space just outside our atmosphere, Dr. Rocket and Essay

So if you connect space to the ground, via a carbon nanofiber tube (alongside a space elevator?), then ...what: does air flow up the tube toward the vacuum? Gravity still operates. Are you talking about some sort of siphon?

All you need to do is tap into that bleak nothingness we call space just outside our atmosphere, Dr. Rocket and Essay

Too bad about that gravity thing.

The description of the flow of gas due to a pressure differential does not ordinarily take gravitation into consideration, because in most practical situations the effect is negligible.

But in your decidedly impractical/impossible scenarios it is quite a significant factor. Ever wonder why our atmosphere (about 14.7 psi at sea level) does not simply vanish into space ? --- gravity.

Edited by DrRocket

That's what i'm trying to figure out. I want you guys to help me figure this one out. I guess i siphon could work, but that would require an alternate source of energy.

Gravity is annoying... this is why im trying to figure a way around it... It seems impossible, however, i'm sure there must be some way i can do it Dr.Rocket.

I mean really, if we can have a space shuttle launched into space with life forms such as humans, then there must be oxygen. now if we took that same machine and simply had air inside it, then im sure if that device was on that mechanically operated to "push out air" so to speak, then it could happen.

Like you said however it is extremely unpractical.

You DO realize air is already connected to that vacuum? So why isn't that flying off at a significant rate, and the air used in your idea will?

So if you connect space to the ground, via a carbon nanofiber tube (alongside a space elevator?), then ...what: does air flow up the tube toward the vacuum? Gravity still operates. Are you talking about some sort of siphon?

I think he's trying to suck the oxygen out of our atmosphere. Lol.

No. Actually, reminds me of the force you get in the beaker experiment where you light a fire in a beaker and a squishy ball gets pulled through neck by the vacuum created when the air is used up by the fire.

How about we just harnass the rotational energy of our own planet with a giant low orbit atmosphere skipping turbine gear and beam the energy back down to earth?

Edited by finster

no, im not

im not trying to suck it out of the atmosphere, im trying to figure a machine to utilize vaccume power. if you look in one of my other comments, you'll see what i mean

No, you're trying to destroy us all and I'm going to stop you.

:D

Just kidding. Please resume your discussion.

Yeah but vacuum is no power, it is just an absence of anything. What you try to use here is a pressure differential.

It's more subtle than that because of gravity. Look at Bernoulli's equation. You can't ignore the gravitational term.

If we put giant air conditioners at the bottom of the "spacetube," with the hot exchanged air being directed into and up the tube, then maybe a draft would be created --rising up through the various inversion layers in our normal atmosphere-- at which point "vacuum" energy, or the potential pressure differential, might kick in and start sucking out the atmosphere from below. It'd probably be possible to design a venturi that would self limit the escaping air, or design other things to modulate the flow.

And of course, if you need to "limit" the flow, then you can tap that for energy--as with a windmill, turbine, etc.

Perhaps some heat exchanger (some artificial cloud of chemicals or nanomaterials) might even keep the atmosphere in (or recycled), while allowing the excess heat to escape.

Eureka! Giant airconditioners can offset global warming while regenerating some electricity! ;)

~ hmmmmmm