And to the Republic for which it stands!

rigney

Meh!

http://xkcd.com/84/

Its dreadful!

I could be as bad as Europe!

He's broadly wrong on everything as far as I can see.

If anyone can be bothered to transcribe his rant I'm happy to rebut at least most of it.

In the mean time Google " We told them the wealth would trickle down" and look at how may images there are.

Edited by John Cuthber

Seemed like a pretty reasonable guy. I am unsure what point you are trying to make.

Just saying, with 15 million illegals having sneaked into this country, along with another 40 million legal grazers eating up the countryside; how can a first generation American, born to poor immigrants; raise so much hell? I believe it's called: Integrity and Bootstrapping. Edited by rigney

Eating up the countryside? I see you edited out the term "lazy," but still... Really?

Consider the likely outcome of posts like these, rigney. More than anything else, you're going to change minds. Do you know how you're likely to change them? It's simple. People reading will either affirm an existing bigotry then smile and move on, or they are going to begin to wonder which is a greater threat to this country... Is it those coming here seeking a better life from a different country and determined to succeed, or those already here who continue espouse ignorant hateful positions and who wear their xenophobia and jingoism as a badge of honor and continue to spout inaccurate nonsense?

Just some food for thought, something you might want to chew on for a while since you claim to value integrity.

Meh!

http://xkcd.com/84/

Its dreadful!

I could be as bad as Europe!

He's broadly wrong on everything as far as I can see.

If anyone can be bothered to transcribe his rant I'm happy to rebut at least most of it.

In the mean time Google " We told them the wealth would trickle down" and look at how may images there are.

Rather than giving him a dismissive swipe with your brush, tell me; what did he say that was wrong? And the Google thing you mention, I don't recall "trickle down" in his speech. Perhaps I missed it?

Eating up the countryside? I see you edited out the term "lazy," but still... Really?

Consider the likely outcome of posts like these, rigney. More than anything else, you're going to change minds. Do you know how you're likely to change them? It's simple. People reading will either affirm an existing bigotry then smile and move on, or they are going to begin to wonder which is a greater threat to this country... Is it those coming here seeking a better life from a different country and determined to succeed, or those already here who continue espouse ignorant hateful positions and who wear their xenophobia and jingoism as a badge of honor and continue to spout inaccurate nonsense?

Just some food for thought, something you might want to chew on for a while since you claim to value integrity.

I don't claim either virtue or integrity, but I do value both. Yes, I did delete using "lazy" after realizing that most people really don't fit the catagory. It's a generalization I've made after hearing so much B.S. about rich people needing to divvy up their wealth to level the playing field for the poor of this nation. Pity, poverty, placation, to whom and where does the buck stop? How will we function if it should happen? Going back generations, not one member of my family has ever been rich, that I know. But I have never felt it was the rich mans fault that I never reached that plateau. Yet, you make a good point, and the sooner it is resolved; the better or (worse) this world will be???

As I said

(Though I think the cartoon pretty much does that for me.)

Rubios rant was much more than the innuendo and cartoon you used, trying to defame him. He is a well roundes human being coming from honest, but poor Cuban parentage who immagrated to this country trying to find a niche, and to eventually return home. I merely used that vernacular to show how even seemingly innocent rhetoric can be used to destroy a persons integrity. Viva! "Cuba Libre" Edited by rigney

That means he is better than someone like Romney, who had wealthy parents?

I think this video is informative in relation to how important inequality is to social well-being.

Not at all, and you may even be right in assuming such a venue? I just don't believe that Rubio or his parents ever espoused an idea that someone owed them anything. But, as long as life exists in this universe, there will always be those preaching inequality, while leading the unqualified. Edited by rigney