Can anyone identify a picture for me that looks microscopic?

Dzamija

Well, I got an anonymous envelope slid under my front door today, with a picture and a quote. The quote said "Intellectuals solve problems, geniuses prevent them." - Albert Einstein.

But more importantly, I got a picture that I have NO IDEA what is, but my first guess is that it's the microscopic image of something plant-like, since there's lots of green in the picture. That being said, here's the picture:

Picture0028.jpg

I'm not freaked out yet, but really interested what this could be and what it could all mean, someone might be fucking with me so any ideas on what it could be would really be appreciated. Thanks in advance. (:

I don't think its microscopic, I think there is a human behind that picture, I can see his/her hand which can clearly be seen at the lower part of the picture. Oh sorry :doh: I think its probably you and I have got no idea what that picture is.

Edited by immortal

If you turn the picture left side up, it looks like a hanging object (an aquarium net? maybe).

Questions:

1. are you serious?

2. if yes, is the picture directly linked to the note?

3. if yes, do you consider yourself as a genius (or do other people around believe you are a genius?).

In other words, is this a test for us, or for you?

If that is a green aquarium net, are all the other things green aquarium nets too?

Looks to me like a picture taken out of a car window. Low on the picture looks like hills in the background.

Then again, maybe a picture of kelp or seaweed taken with a camera inside a waterproof case.

If you turn the picture left side up, it looks like a hanging object (an aquarium net? maybe).

Questions:

1. are you serious?

2. if yes, is the picture directly linked to the note?

3. if yes, do you consider yourself as a genius (or do other people around believe you are a genius?).

In other words, is this a test for us, or for you?

1. Yes, pretty much.

2. No idea really, whoever slipped it beneath the door didn't actually leave me an explanation.

3. I wish. xD

Well, thanks for all the feedback, people. I see some pretty valid ideas here. If anyone has any more, feel free to post them, as any help is greatly appreciated. (:

1. Yes, pretty much.

2. No idea really, whoever slipped it beneath the door didn't actually leave me an explanation.

3. I wish. xD

Well, thanks for all the feedback, people. I see some pretty valid ideas here. If anyone has any more, feel free to post them, as any help is greatly appreciated. (:

So it's a warning.

I understand that if you don't figure what the picture is, you will encounter a problem. If you figure what it is, you must be able to prevent it.

---------------------

edit

Is this my imagination or is there someone here?

ScreenShot144.jpg

Also, the green thing looks like an object tied in a plastic bag and hanged to a rope. The object has a hand or phallic part.

Edited by michel123456

You have two options.

1. The Morgellon's awareness group is advertising.

2. Someone is obviously fucking with you. Placing a cryptic quote that implies there is a "problem" on the back of a very mysterious microscopic-looking photo is going to catch anyone's attention.

First, here is some more information about the picture: The photograph has some certain numbers on the back and a pale writing that implies it was created in a photo studio (Fujifilm, Fujicolor Crystal Archive), the name of the photo is DSCN4827.JPG (which might have been the name of the file brought to the photographer), other letters are some serial numbers (> - b0785J01-057 and 0001 WWW 0 3 A10A5 CR, in case someone knows what those might mean). The note was written on the back of the photo, left side up, with a pen. The photo was in a white unaddressed envelope. Now, about the picture in the photo, everything is blurry but the front object tied with rope (it is definitely a rope for we can see tiny hairs of its fiber). The object might be a stone (crystal) or something made of paper, because the light reflects or shines through the object. It is also kind of visiable that the green object is cylindrical, because it is possible to see the part of the rope that tied the object - through the object. The green objects in the background on the right are unattached (one assumption was confetti), in the left they are sort of caught up into the dark lines (maybe branches of something). There is a certain shadow on the right ( that michel123456 assumed was a person), the upper part of the photo is lighter than the lower, the darker part may look like a landscape, or if it's underwater, the shore. All the directions are referred to as in the photo taken and displayed here, to avoid any confusion.

The green object is not an aquarium net; I doubt that it was the Morgellon's awareness group, because it was not on everyone's doorsteps like it is when they bring advertisments. It is some sort of a game, a test, a joke or simply a mistake. I wouldn't go so far off to say it's a threat, threats are usually more direct. Nevertheless, it is intriguing, so give it your best...

Looks to me like a photo of someone's crystal growing experiment. I remember as a kid I used to make a saturated solution, take a crystal and hang it on a thread in the solution and the crystal would grow as the solution evaporated and condensed.

I'm not sure what compound would make that green colour though it does remind me of a peridot but that's not a mineral that you could grow crystals from though.

Maybe you got a picture from Lex Luthor trying to grow Kryptonite. You’re not a relative of superman are you? Maybe it's a threat. :lol:

Looks to me like a photo of someone's crystal growing experiment. I remember as a kid I used to make a saturated solution, take a crystal and hang it on a thread in the solution and the crystal would grow as the solution evaporated and condensed.

I'm not sure what compound would make that green colour though it does remind me of a peridot but that's not a mineral that you could grow crystals from though.

Maybe you got a picture from Lex Luthor trying to grow Kryptonite. You're not a relative of superman are you? Maybe it's a threat. :lol:

Hahaha, not that I'm aware of. x)

Even if it is a crystal experiment, what would that mean? And what could those dark lines be?

Here is another picture, it might help...

post-67472-0-03576400-1329054369_thumb.png

Edited by Adisplayname

The green object is not an aquarium net;

What part is the rope with tiny fibers -- the "handle"? Could the tiny fibers be algae on an aquarium net handle? I'm not giving up.

Well, despite your last post, most of the photo seems naturally made, while the handle and net seem artificially made. Although butterfly nets tend to have their net seams running from the handle around to the other side (as it does in the photo), they also tend to have thicker rims and deeper nets, so I don't think it's a butterfly net. In the photo, the handle attaches to a rim that's pretty much rectangular: orthogonal to the handle in the back, parallel to the sides, but the front is somewhat rounded. The perspective of the shot skews everything. The double seam of the net is obvious, and the fundus of the net (the "bottom" opposite the opening), if you allow me to use that word, is inverted into the opening. Anyone who'd played with aquarium nets knows how they can do this (and how very annoying it is).

On the other hand, it does look like an image from the Lovecraft story The Dreaded Book of D'zami Ja. Notice any Cthulhu kind of things happening lately? :lol:

The fact that it seems to have been created as a jpeg file shows that, at some time, it was a digital image.

The thing about digital images is that they may have little or nothing to do with reality.

Someone could have just messed about with photoshop and some pictures to make something "mysterious".

How much effort s it worth spending on this?

These are clearly macroscopic and not microscopic, at best it could be argued to be a stereomicroscopic image. But stereomicroscopic is not really microscopic it's more like slightly magnified. There are obvious indications of climbing plant growth that further defines the precise scale of this image. The mountains and the lake in the background, alongside the orange tinted cloud coming in from the left suggests to me that this is a close up of a vine plant either against or near a window in some particular arrangement, overlooking a lake. I see nothing to suggest any photoshopping of the image and I say this having done extensive amounts of work with texturing and photo manipulation using photoshop myself. Having spent about ten hours in microscopes over the last week or two I can honestly say you are barking up the wrong tree. Even if it is a stereoscopic close up of a plant--which it isn't because there is no backing plate for contrast-- . . . . .

Edited by Xittenn

There are obvious indications of climbing plant growth that further defines the precise scale of this image. The mountains and the lake in the background, alongside the orange tinted cloud coming in from the left suggests to me that this is a close up of a vine plant either against or near a window in some particular arrangement
I don't see the mountains or lake - I think that the second and third image are more "the right way up". But twining plant, yes, that's it. I was thinking barbed wire or twin chord flex but now you point it out it looks just like a twining plant, something like honeysuckle. I am sure that there's a tree in the background, honeysuckle or similar in the foreground and a shard of green glass or green crystal hanging from a string.

The fellow in the backrgound is standing next to a tree (left side from our view). You can see the trunk flared at the bottom of the picture. He had a Heineken bottle tied with a piece of twine and hanging from a tree. The picture was taken from behind a sheet of plastic or a window, just as the bottle was broken either with a BB gun or by hitting it. He is threatening to force you to live a life without beer. Cruel, cruel, man. You have my sympathy.

Edited by zapatos

I think you have made a very creative observation Zapatos, but I can't find enough supporting evidence in the picture to corroborate it. If it was the neck of the bottle there should be a label or indication of label glue. The shape of the object isn't quite fitting of a neck either. The supposed tree seemingly disappears under a substance that would appear to be lit from the front by the sun. The 'man' is washed out and the secondary images linked look like they have had their contrasts adjusted, which look to be introducing artifacts that are more clearly defining 'him.' The lighting seems natural in the first image and unnatural in the later and this affects my point about the tree. Although liquid does form strings and twines in a shot like this, it also tends to bead or spray as well and I see absolutely none. I'm in no way denying the possibility 'cause there are many supporting points that can be made also. I still don't think the foreground string is twine, I think it's a vine. And the thing it is grabbing looks like a type of leaf to me; a species that contains finer or less veins, maybe succulent. I thought to check for cocoon structures that resemble it as well, and there are, but the chances are small that someone would have found one that had been picked off by a vine.

This is fun! o.o

Also 90% of all hand held pictures are taken the one way not the other . . . . . <---- this way ---->

Well, even if one of these many assumptions is true, it still brings me no closer to the solution of what does it all mean, why was it in front of my door or who did it. Thank you all for effort, I'll be sure to let you know if I end up dead because this was all a threat. xD

edit

Is this my imagination or is there someone here?

ScreenShot144.jpg

Also, the green thing looks like an object tied in a plastic bag and hanged to a rope. The object has a hand or phallic part.

Ah, here it is, yeah, that's a shadowdude taking a picture. Batmandude:D, actually, not Superman, you're kidding me, right?-The shadow to left, vertically is of a thin popple tree or the like, in front of a larger oak and nearby some vinery, bramble.:)

Hahaha, not that I'm aware of. x)

Even if it is a crystal experiment, what would that mean? And what could those dark lines be?

Here is another picture, it might help...

It's a beautiful light refracting emerald crystal sapphire ( known to create it's own play with water surface tension ) strung from a thin gauge hemp twine and hung over a hematite rich type water source known to the sapphire ( and known to have its own characteristic surface film ) and using a pole, as suggested here...

http://arch.ced.berkeley.edu/hiddenecologies/?p=246

Edited by matty

Well, even if one of these many assumptions is true, it still brings me no closer to the solution of what does it all mean, why was it in front of my door or who did it. Thank you all for effort, I'll be sure to let you know if I end up dead because this was all a threat. xD

OK, lots of conjecture and pattern recognition on the picture, so let's move on to some other parts of the mystery that may help.

Q1. Location. Are you in a large city, small town, rural or what? (attempting to limit the suspects)

Q2. Residence. Do you live in an apartment, a house, a townhome? (how visible would the suspect have been going to your door?)

Q3. Living Status. Does anyone else share your residence? (may not have been intended for you)

Q4. Handwriting. Was the note in pen handwritten in cursive or print? Since the note was written in pen instead of typed, do you think this implies that it's NOT someone whose handwriting you'd recognize?

Q5. Quote. Had you ever heard this quote before? Do you think it implies that there is something you should be doing right now to prevent a problem from occurring? If so, do you have any idea what it could be?