emergency learning source and technique

Vastor

SPM(O-level equivalent) has 9 subject, archieving 8A+ and above guaranteed a place of scholarship by government where A+ > 89% for every subject.

k, I'm trying to archieve good result so that I can get scholarship to continue my studies for A-level(which considered to be expensive here)

rather than going for STPM(A-level equivalent) with less than 10% cost, but "General Paper" is compulsory in exam,

I hate being forced to learn anymore, enough at SPM already(5 subject compulsory) but on my current condition now,

time is very demanding, (should not waste my time anymore T_T) so, yeah, need learning source other than Khan Academy ,

that effective to learn chemistry and physic. or maybe there some tip on how to study and archieved mastery in a fast way?

what I know, in SPM, the math is proficiency based (rather than logical skill based), I mean, the time is too short, rather than a question about real-life(word problem, etc...)

if you not remember formula = you're doomed!, bad news for me, talking about my bad memories brains... x(

in physic, logical thinking demand more though so there are memory based question,(talking about remembering definition, lol, unlikely for anyone remembering definition can proceed anything to understand the definition itself)

and I got some sort of bad teacher in chemistry, rather than teaching us on how to form the equation of any reaction on some sort, he told us to remembered it, lol, (I MEAN EACH EQUATION :blink:)

and btw, I'm self-studying C++ currently, should I leave to concentrate my study on these subject? I just spent 2 hours daily on it so that I'm not forgot it at all, I hear some say that it's good for mathematician / physicist to learn at least one programming language... what do you think?

and I got some sort of bad teacher in chemistry, rather than teaching us on how to form the equation of any reaction on some sort, he told us to remembered it, lol, (I MEAN EACH EQUATION :blink:)

I would call that an exceptionally bad chemistry teacher. There is really no use in memorizing each reaction/equation as you come across it if you don't understand what's going on; the same thing can be said for all sciences. There is a certain degree of memory work as there is in any subject, but I am 100% against the notion that subjects such as chemistry should be treated as entirely based upon the ability to memorize every little thing. You don't learn anything from that. To me it sounds as though your teacher has no idea what he's talking about and rather than remedy the deficit in his own knowledge, he is instead passing on his lack of understanding to the students he teaches.

Unfortunately, there is not much to be done about it from your position, so my recommendation to you would be to take the time out yourself to try and understand basic concepts of chemistry and see if you can apply these to the things you are being asked to memorize in class. If you can, get your hands on a general chemistry text and try reading through it and practicing the questions. Blackman is an excellent text, as are books by Zumdahl and Zumdahl or Pauling. As well, you are always welcome to ask here for clarification on things you're being taught.

I would call that an exceptionally bad chemistry teacher. There is really no use in memorizing each reaction/equation as you come across it if you don't understand what's going on; the same thing can be said for all sciences. There is a certain degree of memory work as there is in any subject, but I am 100% against the notion that subjects such as chemistry should be treated as entirely based upon the ability to memorize every little thing. You don't learn anything from that. To me it sounds as though your teacher has no idea what he's talking about and rather than remedy the deficit in his own knowledge, he is instead passing on his lack of understanding to the students he teaches.

thnx for clarify it! heh, I knew it that he is no different with teacher that teach math by making student memorize each formula and step rather than teach on how to make student understand what they are talking about...

talking about current science education, don't know who to be blame, but maybe filling exam with this kind of question can change the style of teaching(and learning) :-

Ali bought x apples at RM(2x - 1) each. He paid RM6 for the apples. find the value of x.

rather than putting a silly quadratic equation and solve for its x.

and with current education also, it mislead some people(not remember who say this on lowyat forum)

I don't like science subject, I don't like memorize this and that

*wtf?!*

Unfortunately, there is not much to be done about it from your position, so my recommendation to you would be to take the time out yourself to try and understand basic concepts of chemistry and see if you can apply these to the things you are being asked to memorize in class. If you can, get your hands on a general chemistry text and try reading through it and practicing the questions. Blackman is an excellent text, as are books by Zumdahl and Zumdahl or Pauling. As well, you are always welcome to ask here for clarification on things you're being taught.

thnx for recommendation, I think self-teaching is not problem much compared to having teacher that can't teach. can ask here if not understand any also :lol:

for biology and phyisc, anyone have recommendation?(book, e-book, tutorial etc...)