sinus / flu

Vastor

don't know how many years already I had my sinus infection, when I'm 12 years old already as much as I remember, 17 now, and still has it until today, does this disease can't be cured at all?

I mean, I'm tired of this already, especially when it caused me having flu or cold like once / twice a month! >.<

so, If I'm having flu I'm taking pills, make it gone, and I don't need to sneeze every 5 minutes or having my nose look like "cave's leak"

are there any side affect of taking this pills regularly just to remove my flu "temporary"?(well, this pills will lose it protection ability after several day)

p.s. if I put this on wrong forum, mind to move it :)

• 6 months later...

so, If I'm having flu I'm taking pills, make it gone, and I don't need to sneeze every 5 minutes or having my nose look like "cave's leak"

are there any side affect of taking this pills regularly just to remove my flu "temporary"?(well, this pills will lose it protection ability after several day)

hello, dunno u still watch this topic or not, this is what i can help :

i guess u developed into chronic sinusitis.

Chronic sinusitis. Warm moist air may alleviate sinus congestion. A vaporizer or inhaling steam from a pan of boiling water (removed from heat) may also help. Warm compresses are useful to relieve pain in the nose and sinuses.

Saline nose drops are also safe for home use. Use of nonprescription decongestant nasal drops or sprays might be effective in controlling symptoms, however, they should not be used beyond their recommended use. Antibiotics or oral steroids may also be prescribed.

If you suffer from severe chronic sinusitis, oral steroids might be prescribed to reduce inflammation -- usually only when other medications have not worked. Antibiotics will be prescribed for any bacterial infection found in the sinuses (antibiotics are not effective against a viral infection). An antihistamine may be recommended for the treatment of allergies. Antifungal medicine may be prescribed for a fungal sinus infection. Immunoglobulin (antibodies) may be given if you have certain immune deficiencies.

[ taking one kind of medicine for a long time of course will get u drug tolerance and have side effects. just stop using it.]

Chronic sinusitis. Warm moist air may alleviate sinus congestion. A vaporizer or inhaling steam from a pan of boiling water (removed from heat) may also help. Warm compresses are useful to relieve pain in the nose and sinuses.

Saline nose drops are also safe for home use. Use of nonprescription decongestant nasal drops or sprays might be effective in controlling symptoms, however, they should not be used beyond their recommended use. Antibiotics or oral steroids may also be prescribed.

If you suffer from severe chronic sinusitis, oral steroids might be prescribed to reduce inflammation -- usually only when other medications have not worked. Antibiotics will be prescribed for any bacterial infection found in the sinuses (antibiotics are not effective against a viral infection). An antihistamine may be recommended for the treatment of allergies. Antifungal medicine may be prescribed for a fungal sinus infection. Immunoglobulin (antibodies) may be given if you have certain immune deficiencies.

!

Moderator Note

In the future, if you're going to cut/paste from another source, please give a citation or provide a link to where you got it. Otherwise, you're violating our rules against plagiarizing the work of others.

p.s. if I put this on wrong forum, mind to move it :)

What kind of pills do you take?

Have you seen a doctor about your chronic sinus problems?