gfellow's fusion thread

swansont

Copied over from "An indictment of scientific process" since it is OT for the Ethics board.

That is sensible. By that definition, since Praxen Defkalion Green Technologies are going to allow Independent Testing on Hyperion Reactors* the forum would allow the issue to be discussed?

Before any assumptions are made, I must stress that I have no other interest in this subject than frank curiosity, and I find it hard to believe that something that may have such potential impact, must not presently be discussed on this forum.

*I have included another article here, the additional information refers to the recent date of Defkalion's statement.

Does that make this a general alternative fusions thread? Or is this a specific thread for the e-cat and similar "cold" fusion speculations?

As far as I am aware the book on fusion in general is not really a closed one.

Defkalion's page is interesting enough.

But it's all framed as "this will happen (at some unspecified point in the future)".

There's no evidence of anything having been done in the past. It might as well be science fiction.

In both cases - Andrea Rossi and Defcatlion - there have been no reliable and repeated testing by outside sources and for that reason my skeptical level is very high, but I am willing to entertain the concept as long as I harbor any chance that reliable tests be performed by outside sources in the foreseeable future.

In an attempt to read Sergio Focardi's explanation of their supposed energy nickel-hydrogen exothermal reactor, my present impression is that if the device works, it is not because of the reasoning behind it. Frankly, this whole enterprise looks at best more like amateurs stumbling in alchemist fashion upon something they do not understand and cannot explain.

From a public relations approach it seems to have all the hallmarks of confused, idiosyncratic amateurs who have no idea how to proceed - and yet, they do. My frontal lobes tell me these are perhaps well-intended, but delusional individuals who have nothing to offer society, but have let the snowball go down the mountain so far that it has swallowed them up.

That said, there is this nagging sensation that I can't put my finger on that this bizarre process might - just might - be a natural phenomenon. I keep telling myself that it is just desperately ardent wishful thinking that such a device could be real, seeing mankind's urgent need for clean, unlimited energy.

To the superior minds out there in the forum, I would like to know if anyone else has read, or would read Focardi's explanation and let the forum know if it makes any sense to them. Failing that, is there any literature that would point in the direction that would suggest that an energy nickel-hydrogen exothermal reactor was possible?

...If not, it would seem the only avenue is to sit back and see if the Defcatlion company does indeed allow independent tests, and what the outcomes may be.

Does that make this a general alternative fusions thread? Or is this a specific thread for the e-cat and similar "cold" fusion speculations?

As far as I am aware the book on fusion in general is not really a closed one.

Is there literature that illustrates a discernible link between Pons and Flieshmann's cold fusion and Andrea Rossi's purported means of propagation?

It would seem that the independent tests of the Defkatlion device is going ahead...

"...So far we have received applications and we are in the process of preparing independent test with 7 well-known research centers and organizations from Greece and abroad. We have received hundreds of applications from independent individual researchers from around the world. Obviously they can not meet all these requests memonomenon researchers within the space of the next two months..."

http://freeenergytru...-defkalion.html

Edited by gfellow

At the heals of DefKatlion's announcement last week to allow testing and outside independent monitoring of their energy generator, comes an article by visiting Sterling D. Allan to their establishment with his latest impressions:

"Hope from Athens found in Cold Fusion"

"...In the coming few weeks, they will be having at least seven different groups come in to test their device, beginning with the Greek government next week. The results from each group will be published. Each group will have 48 hours to test the device and a control to which they can compare it..."

http://pesn.com/2012/02/13/9602039_Hope_from_Athens_found_in_Cold_Fusion/

Edited by gfellow

It is now Feb 27th, and new news on the web about Defkalion is eerily non-existent (testing of their device is supposedly underway, having started on the Feb. 24th and is expected to take at least four days). While continuing to wait, here is a decently written summary of what the all the various institutions are up to...

Wired Magazine: "Race for cold fusion: Nasa, MIT, Darpa and Cern peer through the keyhole"

By David Hambling 27 February 12

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2012-02/27/rossi-roundup

Defkalion issues a short statement upon the conclusion of the tests with the Greek government officials:

"Tests with the presence of high level Government officials have been concluded. Opinions and results were very positive. Announcements will be made upon mutual agreements, at a time yet to be defined. Tests continue with international Authorities in the coming weeks"

http://www.defkalion....php?f=4&t=1237

Are all monumental historical events this anticlimactic, or is it just me?

Edited by gfellow

In an article that seems to be quite thorough, Andrea Rossi and his E-Cat energy device are looking less than stellar:

New Energy Times: "Rossi's Profitable Career in Science"

http://newenergytime...n-Science.shtml

...On other fronts, Defkalion, the breakaway company that Andrea Rossi until last year had dealing with, claimed that representatives of the Greek government tested their device and deemed the tests a success. Only days later, the company shut down their official discussion forum, claiming future announcements of news would be forthcoming.

Simply put, to date there is no evidence that either Rossi's or Defkalion's device are credible.

Edited by gfellow

In a further reverse for Andrea Rossi, the editor Sterling D. Allan of Pure Energy Systems News, one of Rossi's more ardent and effective supporters has backed away from the creator of the E-Cat device and labeled him "Buyer Beware":

"Rossi Tells Florida Bureau He Has No U.S. Factory, No Nuclear Reactions"

http://pesn.com/2012/03/11/9602054_Rossi_Tells_Florida_Bureau_He_Has_No_Factory_No_Nuclear_Reactions/<h1></h1>