Muscle spasms, numbness and paresthesia .

1=1

Since about a month ago I have been having muscle spasms through out my whole body, primarily near joints. In the last week I have also had a sharp pain followed by numbness in the right half of my left hand, middle and pointer finger and thumb. This morning I had paresthesia (pins and needles) in the exact same place where I had the numbness. The muscle spasms are not painful, or extreme, but are visible. I estimate there is something wrong with my nerves, but have no idea what is precisely causing it. I am not stressed and have been getting adequate sleep of 8-10 hours. Would you recommend me seeing a doctor? Is this meant to be posted in biology?

Thanks for the contributions.

I'm pretty sure other people have these experiences too, which is why I don't think it's a disease. The muscle spasms your describing, are they really slight or really big? I mean I'm no biology expert, but it doesn't actually sound like a big deal based on what I know about these occurances. In fact, I'm pretty I even have things like what your describing once in a while. There's nothing wrong with me at least that the doctor has ever found. Could just be different habits, stress, maybe your muscles are just adjusting from working out, w/e, but it doesn't seem too abnormal. And based on my point of view its probably not sleep-related because I get very little sleep yet these things still happen to me sometimes, whereas you get much sleep and these things still effect you. Although with that I suppose you could say that because you sleep more it happens "more often", but it can't be sleeping habits alone.

Edited by questionposter

Ditto... I had roughly the same thing happen to me and it turned out to be cancer of the spinal cord. Sounds kind of like a pinched nerve, but if it is the whole body, who knows. If it hasn't gone away by now. what's holding you? Go to an ER.

Edited by Realitycheck

I might not have formal medical training, but I've had those exact same things happen to me and the doctor said it was nothing.

There are multiple potential causes for a given set of symptoms, some of which are harmful and others of which are nothing to worry about. Medical training is required to distinguish the two. Please do not give medical advice.