Publishing tobacco leaf taste

tal

I'm interested in tobacco leaves. And I'm trying to undo the taste of tobacco leaf and download from the point someone could help me how I can do it? What can I dip the leaves to come out of them taste when smoking themHope you can help me

Edited by tal

Also, you can't just "grab tobacco leaves" and start using them for your experiment. Tobacco goes through an extensive cultivation and curing process. And deviation from that will result in an erroneous sample.

It's February. Most tobacco farmers have already sold their cured tobacco by now, but you still might be able to find some that are ready for processing.

im trying to remove the taste from tobacco

For what purpose?

Many people smoke just to get that taste. If you're a smoker who doesn't like the taste of tobacco, why smoke at all?

Is this just for yourself or are you trying to mass-produce it to sell?

I want to make pipe tobacco with no taste at all of the tobacco

It's only myself

So you like to smoke but don't like the taste of tobacco?

Have you tried any flavored pipe tobacco? I like the smell of cherry, vanilla and amaretto, but I don't know how well they taste.

I wonder if it would be easier to find some other legal herb you like to smoke that would taste better to you. Trying to neutralize a flavor is hard.

I want to make pipe tobacco with no taste at all of the tobacco

It's only myself

Have you tried electronic cigarettes?

They are basically just nicotine which does not taste of much so they are flavoured, anything you like, coffee, bubble gum, apple orange etc.....

• 1 month later...

Flavour mostly is due to the volatile aroma compounds, so you could steam distill the tobacco to extract the flavours (essential oils) and then dry the now flavour-depleted tobacco, or you could extract in ethanol (absolute/tincture) for the same effect and dry the tobacco. However, since the burning of the tobacco during the smoking process in the pipe creates new smaller MW volatile compounds due to pyrolysis (burning without oxygen) and incomplete combustion (burning with oxygen) of the polymers in the tobacco leaf, there will always be an inherent flavour from smoking your tobacco. I think, however, the the flavour compounds extracted from the tobacco leaves either using steam distillation or solvent extraction would be much more pleasant to your senses than the burnt notes generated during smoking, which tend to be harsh and acrid. Try putting dried grass or paper into your pipe and smoke it and you will know what I mean.