Help in science project!!! VERY URGENT!!!!

Zhou Yiying

My teachers want us to do a science project but I still cannot think of a good idea that suits the themes.

Also, it must not be done by other people before.

Themes: 1) Environmental science

2) New materials

3) Food science

4) Life science

5) Alternative energy

Please help me in coming out with an idea!!! TKS!! :):rolleyes:

what about the P&F Cold fusion Experiment,JK.

I would suggest the following:

1.You could show how solar panels works.

2.You could make a project on Ferro-Magneto Fluids or Graphene.Both are cool.

3.How genetically modified foodstuff are created.

4.--

5.You could show how Tidal Energy is harnessed.

you gotta make them.

See these:

1.http://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=youtube%20ferromagnetic%20fluids%20how%20to%20make&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CCUQtwIwAQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dd9k8IMFZ488&ei=--0fT-T7Kurw0gGb5IAH&usg=AFQjCNEnsrzxL19IFvvjW9rFg7y-qNeueA&cad=rja

2.http://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=youtube%20ferromagnetic%20fluids%20how%20to%20make&source=web&cd=3&ved=0CCsQtwIwAg&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DUu8ZFr555U0&ei=--0fT-T7Kurw0gGb5IAH&usg=AFQjCNGj_g83N3ZB-WInZDKFz9mSccnMAg&cad=rja

3.http://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=youtube%20ferromagnetic%20fluids%20how%20to%20make&source=web&cd=4&ved=0CDYQFjAD&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.popsci.com%2Fdiy%2Farticle%2F2009-09%2Fmaking-ferrofluids-work-you&ei=--0fT-T7Kurw0gGb5IAH&usg=AFQjCNGzABGno7uAeJOzDdRntOgJKOqVyQ&cad=rja

Try to make our own GMfood? Or do we compare the food with the natural food? Is it able to be done?

Our? We? Do you have a partner for this?

What grade level are you?

Is it just your idea that's due on Friday or is the whole project due Friday?

How strict is the "it must not be done by other people before" rule? A completely original science project is not as easy as replicating something cool done elsewhere.

My teachers want us to do a science project but I still cannot think of a good idea that suits the themes.

Also, it must not be done by other people before.

Themes: 1) Environmental science

2) New materials

3) Food science

4) Life science

5) Alternative energy

Please help me in coming out with an idea!!! TKS!! :):rolleyes:

A project to convert food or crop/yard wastes (through reductive pyrolysis) into a soil-building, water-retaining, and very long-lasting, agricultural amendment --that enhances productivity in crops and other plants-- would cover many of those project criteria.

Google: pyrolysis soil amendment "decades to centuries"

Experiments to examine yield increases (or decreases) in different soils, or simple seed-germination studies could each provide a wide variety of experimental concepts/setups. Experiments which vary either the feedstock or the production conditions (of the soil amendment) would be another set of dimensions upon which to experiment, or also co-vary with soil/yield or germination response studies.

~ :)

One idea that is a bit more original (in terms of science projects) might be, instead of looking at ways of harvesting energy in "alternative" ways (i.e. solar, geothermal etc) look into the technologies we have for storing such energy, and the pros and cons of the different technologies. I think that apart from increases efficiency and application of harvesting technologies, storing technologies are the next important thing. The easiest justification to use is that solar power is only very useful during sunny days- so being able to 'make the most of it' and store the left over energy for later is an important improvement. This is applicable to nearly all the alternative energy sources, because they rely on natural events to occur.

If its more a practical based thing, another idea (albeit, not very original) might be to go out testing water and/or soil samples near various industrial/comercial and residential sites as well as less developed sites. You might not have the means to do a full AAS spec or anything, but a lot of the qualitative tests are easy enough to perform.

For what it's worth:

Test Your Dominant Side

Check out this cool experiment that will teach you more about how your body and brain work together. Test your dominant side by completing a series of challenges. Which hand do you write with? Which foot do you kick with? Do you have a dominant eye? Do you throw with one side of your body but kick with the other? Are you ambidextrous? Answer these questions and much more with this fun science experiment for kids.

What you'll need:

•A pen or pencil

•Paper or a notepad to write your findings on

•An empty tube (an old paper towel tube is good)

•A cup of water

•A small ball (or something soft you can throw)

Instructions:

1.Write ‘left’ or ‘right’ next to each task depending on what side you used/favored.

2.When you’ve finished all the challenges review your results and make your own conclusions about which is your dominant eye, hand and foot.

Eye tests:

1.Which eye do you use to wink?

2.Which eye do you use to look through the empty tube?

3.Extend your arms in front of your body. Make a triangle shape using your fore fingers and thumbs. Bring your hands together, making the triangle smaller (about the size of a coin is good). Find a small object in the room and focus on it through the hole in your hands (using both eyes). Try closing just your left eye and then just your right, if your view of the object changed when you closed your left eye mark down ‘left’, if it changed when you closed your right eye mark down ‘right’.

Hand/Arm tests:

1.Which hand do you use to write?

2.Pick up the cup of water, which hand did you use?

3.Throw the ball, which arm did you use?

Foot/Leg tests:

1.Run forward and jump off one leg, which did you jump off?

2.Drop the ball on the ground and kick it, which foot did you use?

Link